*~Carnival Legend - Tell All Thread!! ~*

I was on your cruise and agree about the pool band. They just were not that great and I was so sick of Caribbean music

Don't know if it was the same band we had in May, but at least they weren't playing the rap/street crap we had last summer on the Miracle. I ended up choosing the "quiet" pool on that one, cause I couldn't take it.

This time, I couldn't understand a word the girl singer/steele drummer was saying, but every time the band took a break, she would keep practicing her steel drum playing to the canned music.

As a band, they had NO personality.

JMHO.

I have to agree with you Pete. We all made comments on how terrible they were. From what we could tell they played no music you could identify and you could not understand the singer at all!!!! And the deck party was even worse. They tried to play other music but it just didn't work.

freckles58,

I booked through Carnival and I am glad I did. Due to the long travel times between St. Thomas and St. John and then between Tortola and Virgin Gorda, we always just made it back on the ship right before sail away. Had I not been on a Carnival excursion, I would have been very stressed out on the ride back. To me, the extra costs were worth the peace of mind.

One tidbit: On the St. John Trunk Bay excursion, my son threw up on the boat to St. John. The water was pretty rough on the way there. Other people were feeling queasy as well, although some were having a blast when the big waves hit. The boat operator told me the boat is rough on the way out because you go against the waves. The way back was much smoother as you move with the waves. If you are prone to seasickness, keep this in mind.

The boat from Tortola to the Virgin Gorda Baths was much smoother, no problems whatsoever in either direction.

MrPete, that was definitely the same band! I remember our singer also played her steele drums to the canned music. Horrible!

We're booked on Legend Jan. 4, 2006 and looking for info as well......

i saw your quote and saw you were also cruising on the Legend on Jan 4 06. My family and I will also be onboard at this time. You said you were looking for info. I've been on a few Cruises ( RC,Celebrity,and Carnival) and have found that if your looking for a good time that Carnival caters more to the people and the activites. Where other cruise lines cater more to looks and being proper. Not that i am an unproper person, but i go for a good time and with Carnival it seems to be easy to find that. The other carnival ship i was on was the Conquest which was not even a year old when we sailed and it was a great experience. The one thing i see with the Legend cruise we are both taking is its ports of call are not like most in which there are plenty to do but not the best senery ports such as other islands ( St.Thomas St. Croix etc). All in all i have many brochures, not just about the ship but more indepth about the ports we will be visiting. If interested please reply and i could email some info. See ya in January.

• 2 months later...

Went on the Legend for my Honeymoon 7.16.05 Live in central NJ so the 45 minutes to NYC was wonderful. left at noon there on the pier at 1:25. People were on the pier were upset that the line was taking so long. I could care less. I was there 35 minutes prior to the offical time and my wife and i figured we would make it on the boat no matter what. No deal getting mad when your going on a carnival boat for 8 days.

On the boat the CD and the ACD were awesome Brett Alans, and i believe Jenn was the ACD.. But to top the week of with the late night entertainment was Yo Ritchie!!! he was the best. his bingo calling was off the wall and every time he went on the stage the crowds went wild. Yelling Yippie if you got a number or SHIP if you didn't get anything was hilarious. I found out that he was done his cruise job after the next cruise.

Other then that my wife and i loved the Legend & its ports of call. My family is debating on which carnival cruise to go on next summer and i`ll go on the Legend any day of the week!!!

Carnival def. pulled through again

We have been on the Legend to Nowhere and although we didn't stop at any ports of call, we loved the ship. Yes, the decorations in the dining room are very different, if you get pass that, and look closely, it is quite lovely. Notice the ceiling in the pool areas...the side walls...the art is beautiful. Even the area around the elevators is pretty. The food was good and the special affects in the shows were very interesting.

We are sailing her on 9/26/2005 for the Apprentice Legend cruise.

Hi , Is anyone else on the Legend 9~18~05 ?

We were booked on the Sensation leaving New Orleans on Sept 5th , When the ship was moved to Galveston we cancled and re booked for the Legend . on one of the stops we will not be getting into SanJuan till 3 , any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for any help

Mindy

We are planning to take the Bacardi Factory tour since it is late in afternoon. I went to San Juan in April during the daY and it is very humid we did the town tour. Hot and muggy and lots of beggars on the streets so I won't want to roam the streets at night. Very nice port and the taxis are waiting.

We were on the Legend the week of 7/24, we were a group of 49, so it goes without saying that we had a wonderful time. However, I have sailed the Legend, Nordic Empress and Grand Princess and my least favorite was the Legend. I thought the service was impersonal. We had to fill out this long form before we sailed labelling all the tables for our group and when we got to dinner the first night, everything was messed up. The maitre'd was nowhere to be found (Paul), and the assistant maitre'd was downright rude. I was at a table with someone else's husband and another families' children, things like that. When we finally straightened it out ourselves, my family of 8 wound up at a table for 6, so crowded that we couldn't even push our chairs all the way into the table. A family of 5 was at a table for 6 with an empty chair right next to us. When I got up to talk to the assistant maitre'd, we got into an real argument - his answer to my request to have a bigger table was "i'm not to blame, your group leader is the one to blame for this". I was so upset, even my daughter got up to ask him to help us. His answer to us was that the tables were bolted to the floor and could not be moved. If i had been politely told that at the outset, things would have been much different. As we were leaving dinner, the bar waiter told my husband to follow him to the bar so my husband could sign the check! My husband said he was not following him anywhere, he should bring the check to us, but he kept insisting that my husband go with him. We started to leave, and he finally came running after us to have my husband sign the check. The next night, we had the original table for 6, and and "additional" table right next to it for my 2 nieces.

We never met our room steward, was told by the purser that we wouldn't - they keep them invisible. I missed that personal greeting and relationship that I made with the stewards on Princess and Royal Caribbean.

I put cash down on my sign and sail card, which was a bad idea. My daughter wanted her own account (she is 22) so she could keep track of her spending money, but they never did that, after a few reqeusts, and it got confusing for her.

Pool extremely crowded, had to climb over one chair to get to another, if you were lucky enough to get one

Good points - the Aft Pool bar at night is beautiful. We would all go up there around midnight, practically had it all to ourselves, just us, the music, the wake of the ship and a cocktail. What could be better.

The adult (and I do mean for adults only) comedian was hysterical. Shows were very professionally done, very entertaining.

The Lobby Bar is a great place to meet before dinner. Lots of room to sit and just hang around and enjoy everyone's company.

The photographers were great - great backdrops, did a very good job of posing even very large families. Lots of casual pictures being taken. Had to buy a bunch, couldn't decide which ones I like the best.

My teenage nieces and loved Club 02 - for 15-17 year olds. They made a lot of friends. My 14 (almost 15) year old son said it was ok, but when we got home admitted that he should have gone more often.

The deli counter at the lunch buffet was great - corned beef sandwiches that melted in your mouth. Banana stuffed pancakes by the pool for breakfast.

Like I said, we had a ball because we had such a great group to travel with. If everyone wanted to do Carnival again, I would not say no, but Carnival would not be my first choice again.

Hope this was helpfu.

One more thing - if you like a crazy party place, dont miss Senor Frogs in San Juan. Lots of fun, we got there around 4 and left aroundn 7:30, i would imagine it gets real wild late at night. We insisted that or older teenage kids leave there by 8:30. But everyone from age 11-53 had a great time there!

Don't miss Cane Garden Bay in Tortola, get there very early (around 9am) and you will have the beach to yourself. Probably the most beautiful beach I have been to. email me(mrsjitts@optonline.net) with any questions.

Archived