Has anyone done this tour?

OnWeGo

We are ending our trip in Whittier. Will have the day on Saturday and most of Sunday before we leave in the evening. In reading these posts, most suggest to rent a car but it looks like all the SUV's and Vans are sold out. So we are looking at other options. Has anyone done this tour? I didn't see any posts talking about this tour so a little hesitant on booking.

http://*************************/Whittier_Anchorage_Day_Tour.htm

I'm new to posting questions on this website. I realize my link doesn't work. The tour is the Whittier Shuttle (*************************).

They offer an all day tour which includes a trip to Portage Glacier, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Alyeska tram, Turnagain Arm, Beluga Point, Windy Point and tour of Anchorage.

I'm new to posting questions on this website. I realize my link doesn't work. The tour is the Whittier Shuttle (*************************).

They offer an all day tour which includes a trip to Portage Glacier, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Alyeska tram, Turnagain Arm, Beluga Point, Windy Point and tour of Anchorage.

Sometimes the moderators deem that a link is advertisement or not appropriate. So I'm thinking that the link is being picked up as an advertisement and as such, the ****s appear.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Whittier Shuttle dot com very seldom ever gets mentioned here, and I don't think I've ever seen an actual review either here or at TripAdvisor. I find that odd - their new bus looks great, as do their tours and prices.

Hmm, that's a little concerning that no posts or comments about the Whittier Shuttle. I'll ask the same question on Trip Advisor. I agree that the buses look nice and the prices are very reasonable but would feel better if there were reviews to read.

I see that they are recent members of the BBB and have a A- rating with them and no complaints on file. I contacted them last year but was looking for something more of an excursion that went from Whittier to Anchorage rtn....and they didn't offer that.

I don't find it odd that there are not reviews here or on trip advisor. They've only been in business for 2 years, so they won't have had many customers yet, and only a very small percentage of people post reviews online. If you check on the BBB link, you'll see they've got 4 or 5 websites, and at least 2 other DBA names. They're based in Juneau, so I would guess that they started their business there.

If you are clicking on the BBB link on the WHittier SHuttle website, you will notice that the BBB rating that you get is for A Alaska Cruise Transfer and Tour. BBB doesn't know who they are and the Anchorage Visitors Bureau is surmising that Whittier (who she hasn't heard of either) is an entity under the A Alaska...

They have about 7 business names if you scroll down on the BBB review...

troubling, I say...

When I was researching transportation last year from Seward to Whittier, I came across a website that looked very similar to this one. (The tour listing and price box purple numbers) but don't remember its name. Whittier Shuttle dot com was a dead link that was connected to the ski area, but wasn't running anymore, and was a domain available to buy. So, it may be a re-incarnation and/or re-configuration.

Archived