Carnival Inspiration 02/26/11 Review: TONS of Pictures

navybaby1113

Back to work tomorrow. :-( So I guess I should finish the review today.

We're on to the last sea day. Boo!

We woke up around 9:45am and my husband decided to go up to trivia while I took a shower. I met him up there a little later. Then, we went up to lido for breakfast.

Came back to our room after breakfast and our debarkation information was there. We were assigned to zone 12, which was fine with us because we weren't in a huge rush to get off the ship.

They were doing a digital scavenger hunt at noon and we knew we wanted to participate in that. We would have won if we were able to get a group hug. The more people in the picture, the more points you get. We had more pictures than the other groups, but one of the groups had 9 people in their group hug! The scavenger hunt was cool though because we were able to get some pictures from around the ship. I'll post those pictures mixed in with some other ones of the ship later in the review so I don't give the clues for the scavenger hunt away.

Today's Taste of the Nations was American. I would love to see them do a Southern menu one day! I decided to eat the rotisserie one last time. I'm glad I did because they had a roast rack of lamb. Yum!

IMG_2293.JPG

After lunch we went to the Ship 411, which was one of my favorite parts of the cruise. All of the senior officers were there to answer your questions. They had the captain, cheif engineer, hotel director, head of guest services, the ships doctor, food and beverage manager, and the cruise director. They will answer any question you ask except for questions about pay. We definitely learned a lot about the inner workings of the ship. If they offer this on your Fun Times, I highly recommend you go.

They had trivia in the Rhapsody in Blue lounge later in the afternoon. This is the smoking lounge that is right next to the dining room. That was the worst place to possibly hold trivia. People kept coming in and smoking the entire time. We couldn't stay until the end because of how smokey it was.

We were able to catch one last sunset before we got off the ship. I also caught the dirtiness of my window in this picture. The window wasn't too bad when we got on the ship, but it was digusting by the end of the week.

IMG_2298.JPG

They were doing the Festiva Latina show tonight. It was an okay show. Entertaining, but not something I would go see again. We had some drink coupons left over from our Dream cruise, so we decided to order a couple of drinks. I'd heard great things about the Miami Vice, so that's what we decided to go with. Our drink coupons said they were good for $5.25 a coupon, but when we got the receipt, they rung up as $5.75. That was a nice surprise.

IMG_2302.JPG

We didn't like the selections in the MDR this night, so we decided to have a relaxing dinner on lido. There was no one up there, so it was quiet. Sadly, the food up on lido wasn't that good either. We ended up eating pizza.

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

We came back to our room and found our last towel animal. I think it's a frog, but not 100% sure.

IMG_2303.JPG

We went to both the R rated comedy shows tonight and they were hilarious. The comedians were John Floyd and Mark Hawkins.

Sadly we're on to debarkation day. We were woken up by announcements in our cabin at 7:30am telling everyone that self-debarkation would start shortly.

We went up to lido for breakfast. They called our zone at 9:30am. Debarkation was quick and painless. Took a total of maybe 15 minutes.

After we got out of the terminal, we had to walk across the street to the parking garage to get to our shuttle. Like I mentioned before, we had to wait about an hour for our shuttle.

When we got back to the hotel, we packed up our car and then realized our battery was dead. We spent hours trying to get that fixed and were finally on the road to Tallahassee by about noon.

I'm going to use the next few posts to post any additional pictures I have that I didn't include in my review.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

IMG_2044.JPG

Carpet in the hallway to our room. I absolutely loved this.

IMG_2045.JPG

Huge guitar outside one of the lounges. I think it might have been the disco...

IMG_2050.JPG

I don't remember where this was located.

IMG_2117.JPG

Atrium during the day

IMG_2119.JPG

Ice carving

IMG_2131.JPG

Atrium at night time

I really loved all the info and pics in your review. I love the Fantasy class ships. Each one has a slightly diferent decor or accent, but layout is the same. Too bad you didn't get to the main town on Cozumel, San Miguel. It really is a great shopping area. Thanks so much for sharing.

I really loved all the info and pics in your review. I love the Fantasy class ships. Each one has a slightly diferent decor or accent, but layout is the same. Too bad you didn't get to the main town on Cozumel, San Miguel. It really is a great shopping area. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you. We might try to go to San Miguel next time we're in Cozumel. We really enjoyed having the ship to ourselves though.

Great review! I LOVE the lamb pictures. It looks sooooo good. Especially the one in the MDR.

Your plates of starch, starch and starch are just like my plates. It cracked me up. I get so much slack for it too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love mac n cheese and mash potatoes. Whenever I get a veggie plate I always get them.

Great review! I LOVE the lamb pictures. It looks sooooo good. Especially the one in the MDR.

Your plates of starch, starch and starch are just like my plates. It cracked me up. I get so much slack for it too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love mac n cheese and mash potatoes. Whenever I get a veggie plate I always get them.

Yea, my husband always tells me I need more veggies. I throw in a salad occasionally. The starches on Carnival are just so tasty!

Great review! Inspiration was our first cruise and it was awesome to see all the pics of her. It reminded me of our first cruise and how much we loved it. Now I kind of want to sail her again LOL

Thanks for sharing! I am going with family and friends on the Inspiration in 98 days, and this review makes me even more excited about going. I was also happy to see Coke Zero in your pictures! :) I am not a big fan of regular Diet Coke.

Great review! Inspiration was our first cruise and it was awesome to see all the pics of her. It reminded me of our first cruise and how much we loved it. Now I kind of want to sail her again LOL

Glad you enjoyed it! We were really glad we got to sail her before she heads over to California.

Thanks for sharing! I am going with family and friends on the Inspiration in 98 days, and this review makes me even more excited about going. I was also happy to see Coke Zero in your pictures! :) I am not a big fan of regular Diet Coke.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think Carnival has Coke Zero. I brought on the Cherry Coke Zero myself.

Very nicely done; I enjoyed reading your review. It has been 4 years since we've been on a Fantasy class ship, and I want to book one again if not just for comparison's sake. But for now, our next cruise will be on the Liberty in September.

Thank you. Have a fantastic time on your cruise.

Fantastic pictures and enjoyed your review so much. Sailed on Inspiration a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much. Thanks so much to your partner for his service. He deserved a cruise!!!! :cool:

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Archived