Carnival Inspiration 02/26/11 Review: TONS of Pictures

navybaby1113

I really enjoyed reading your review and looking at all the great pictures.

I noticed you cruised on the Celebration. That was my first Carnival cruise and my kids first cruise. We all became hooked on cruising after that.

Great review! We are sailing on the Inspiration next month. Your pictures are great...what kind of camera do you have?

I showed my DH your food pix, and he said: oh my gosh, there are more of you who do that? :eek: Now, he usually asks me before he starts to eat if it is okay, or am I going to take a picture! LOL...who says our darling husbands can't be trained! ;)

Great review and pictures. You are so nice to do this. My wife and I were on the same cruise, celebrating our anniversary as welll (34!!) and had an absolute blast. We were actually close to you on the ship, we were in U156! I stayed on the ship for Grand Cayman day as we had previously been there, enjoyed having the ship to myself. We did our own excursion in Cozumel to Nachi Cocom beach, a private beach club, and had a great day. This is too funny - look at your picture of the muster drill, between the couple on the left in the photo, that is me in the background in sunglasses and white shirt - how random is that? I know I would rather be back on Inspiration than having to be back at work - ugh! Thanks again for the review.

I really enjoyed reading your review and looking at all the great pictures.

I noticed you cruised on the Celebration. That was my first Carnival cruise and my kids first cruise. We all became hooked on cruising after that.

Our first was on the Celebration too. Absolutely loved her and it got us hooked.

Great review! We are sailing on the Inspiration next month. Your pictures are great...what kind of camera do you have?

I showed my DH your food pix, and he said: oh my gosh, there are more of you who do that? :eek: Now, he usually asks me before he starts to eat if it is okay, or am I going to take a picture! LOL...who says our darling husbands can't be trained! ;)

Thank you! I use a Canon SX20 for the majority of my shots and then an Olympus 550 Waterproof camera for the water shots.

I'm a blogger, so my husband learned quickly that I take pictures of weird things.

Great review and pictures. You are so nice to do this. My wife and I were on the same cruise, celebrating our anniversary as welll (34!!) and had an absolute blast. We were actually close to you on the ship, we were in U156! I stayed on the ship for Grand Cayman day as we had previously been there, enjoyed having the ship to myself. We did our own excursion in Cozumel to Nachi Cocom beach, a private beach club, and had a great day. This is too funny - look at your picture of the muster drill, between the couple on the left in the photo, that is me in the background in sunglasses and white shirt - how random is that? I know I would rather be back on Inspiration than having to be back at work - ugh! Thanks again for the review.

Congrats on your anniversary! That is hilarious that you ended up in one of my shots.

Thank you. Where exactly is Anderson, Indiana? When I was younger, I lived in Madison, IN and I still have family that lives there.

My mother was from Anderson, Indiana, small world. She ended up living on a farm in Wilkinson, Indiana.

Thank you. Where exactly is Anderson, Indiana? When I was younger, I lived in Madison, IN and I still have family that lives there.

Anderson is about 50 miles NE of Indianapolis and just west of Muncie, Indiana. It is truely a small little town in the Midwest with some of the nicest people. :) Cari

Which university do you work at? I'm a FSU alum and my DS is in his third year. If you ever eat at Chili's in the student union, he may have been your server!! :D

Both my DH and I are FSU alum and we both currently work here. What did you and your husband study?

thank you for such a great review. We just got off the inspiration 3/7, I think we embarked after you debarked.

Great seeing pictures of what we just experienced. We had a great cruise. Entertainment was the best we've seen on Carnival.

I hope to get a review out but I won't have the pics you do.....

Thanks again. Overall, our experience was quite similar to yours.:)

thank you for such a great review. We just got off the inspiration 3/7, I think we embarked after you debarked.

Great seeing pictures of what we just experienced. We had a great cruise. Entertainment was the best we've seen on Carnival.

I hope to get a review out but I won't have the pics you do.....

Thanks again. Overall, our experience was quite similar to yours.:)

Thank you! Glad you had a great time as well.

On my last trip the food in the MDR was coming out tepid. I asked for a hot replacement and it was obvious he nuked it. When my beautiful lamb came he had nuked it too and ruined it! It was well done! I asked him to stop nuking everything and just bring hot food. Eveyone at my table said the food wasn't hot but no one else said anything.

In one picture I noticed the butter on the table was in an ugly, big metal bowl. That looked cheap.

I didn't see the area in the Lido where they added a tiki like cover to the spa and a staircase. Are they still there? I had gone just after a dry dock and they were new. I also was told the cabin hall and cabins got new carpet. It was really nice.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the lamb upstairs.

I really liked the Fiesta (?) show. Those outfits are something. I did the Behind the Fun tour and the area where the costumes is tiny.

Did you go to the Farewell party? It was in the lounge with the guitar outside. That is where they did the ship 411 also which had a great turn out and some great questions.

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']On my last trip the food in the MDR was coming out tepid. I asked for a hot replacement and it was obvious he nuked it. When my beautiful lamb came he had nuked it too and ruined it! It was well done! I asked him to stop nuking everything and just bring hot food. Eveyone at my table said the food wasn't hot but n one else said anything.

In one picture I noticed the butter on the table was in an ugly, big metal bowl. That looked cheap.

I didn't see the area in the Lido where they added a tiki like cover to the spa and a staircase. Are they still there? I had gone just after a dry dock and they were new. I also was told the cabin hall and cabins got new carpet. It was really nice.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the lamb upstairs.

I really liked the Fiesta (?) show. Those outfits are something. I did the Behind the Fun tour and the area where the costumes is tiny.

Did you go to the Farewell party? It was in the lounge with the guitar outside. That is where they did the ship 411 also which had a great turn out and some great questions.[/quote]

I didn't have any problems with luke warm food. We enjoyed pretty much everything we ate this cruise (with a few exceptions because of our palette). Sorry you didn't get the same experience as us.

They do still have the tiki like covers. Sadly it doesn't look like I have a picture of them. They were really nice looking though.

We did not go to the farewell party as it was scheduled at 7:15 (I think...) on Cozumel day. We were at dinner during the party.

The Ship 411 was actually held in the main lounge on our cruise. It had a fantastic turnout.

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']I think the chef on Inspiration is one of the worst in the fleet.

Were you on the sports deck to go under the bridge?[/quote]

No, we were a couple decks under the sports deck. It's the "secret" observation deck right above the bridge.

[quote name='navybaby1113']Both my DH and I are FSU alum and we both currently work here. What did you and your husband study?[/QUOTE]

Back in the stone age...I studied education but now I'm in banking. My son is doing a dual major in a Media Production and Creative Writing. He's also a DJ on V89. My husband has his degree in horticulture from Lake City Comm College....he's a Gator's fan :mad::mad:... I guess we all have to have one fault, at least he had the good sense to marry me!! LOL :p

Archived