Carnival Inspiration 02/26/11 Review: TONS of Pictures

navybaby1113

Decided it was time for lunch. The Taste of the Nations today was french. Nothing really appealed to us, so we both went to the grill and rotisserie. This was the first cruise I have seen chicken tenders at the grill and they were delicious. They were there every day.

IMG_2244.JPG

The cute little cupcake that I grabbed for dessert was disgusting! The cake was hard and the frosting had a weird taste to it. At least it looked cute in pictures.

There wasn't terribly much to do the rest of the afternoon, so we just relaxed until it was dinner time. We noticed the Elation started pulling away from the dock while we were getting ready for dinner, so we decided to go up to a deck to watch it sail away.

IMG_2247.JPG

We were able to walk right into the dining room for dinner.

For starters, DH got the chicken tenders marinated in thai spices and I decided to try the corn chowder. The corn chowder was not what I was expecting and I did not like it at all. I ended up trading it in for a shrimp cocktail. The wait staff was fantastic about that and brought it out to me right away.

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

For entrees, I debated between the chateaubriand and the lamb. I've been dying to try the chateaubriand, but the lamb is my favorite, so that's what I went with. The meat was melt in your mouth tender. DH went with a black bean enchilada, which was the vegetarian meal of the evening.

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

Leading up to this cruise, I had heard a lot of people mentioning that they took the Grand Marnier Souffle off shorter cruise menus. So I was very pleased to see it on tonight's dinner menu. I debated ordering two, but controlled myself.

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

After dinner, we went to the Paris Lounge for a couple of activities. The first was 60 Seconds or Less. Some of the tasks they were getting people to do were kind of embarassing. It was entertaining to watch though!

Afterwards, they did the gender showdown. They split men and women onto different sides of the lounge and then appointed a team captain. If you want to win a ship on a stick, volunteer yourself to be team captain. Women ended up winning by a bunch!

The only other thing that was planned for the night was a deck party and Mexican buffet, so we just went back to our room and watched TV.

Overall how would you rate the ship? I've had a dream on sailing on one of the eight in the class. ;):D

I would rate the ship itself an 8. It was a nice ship without any problems. I didn't like the location of the smoking lounge next to the dining room. I also think they could have had more tables for anytime dining. We got lost a lot too.

I would rate the ship itself an 8. It was a nice ship without any problems. I didn't like the location of the smoking lounge next to the dining room. I also think they could have had more tables for anytime dining. We got lost a lot too.

Archived