Carnival Inspiration 02/26/11 Review: TONS of Pictures

navybaby1113

[quote name='happylady']Back in the stone age...I studied education but now I'm in banking. My son is doing a dual major in a Media Production and Creative Writing. He's also a DJ on V89. My husband has his degree in horticulture from Lake City Comm College....he's a Gator's fan :mad::mad:... I guess we all have to have one fault, at least he had the good sense to marry me!! LOL :p[/quote]

I just re-read your last post and realized you did say your DS was the one in school. I originally thought you said DH. That was my failure at reading. :D

I was actually a Creative Writing major in college. How is he enjoying it?

[quote name='happylady']Back in the stone age...I studied education but now I'm in banking. My son is doing a dual major in a Media Production and Creative Writing. He's also a DJ on V89. My husband has his degree in horticulture from Lake City Comm College....he's a Gator's fan :mad::mad:... I guess we all have to have one fault, at least he had the good sense to marry me!! LOL :p[/quote]

Go GATORS! :D:D

[quote name='navybaby1113']The next day we were in Grand Cayman. This will probably be a huge section, so it might take me a little while. We booked the Stingray City and Rum Point excursion through Carnival.

We got up around 7am and went up to the lido deck for breakfast. Our tickets for our excursion were delivered to our room the first day. They said to meet in the Paris Lounge at 8:15am. Make sure you are there early because our tour and some others were called before the 8:15 meeting time. This caused a lot of confusion because people kept going up to the announcer to ask if their tour had been called yet. Carnival could definitely do better in this area.

When our tour was called, they walked us down to our tender. It was kind of windy out there, so the tender was rocking while we were trying to get on. The crew was great though and made sure that everyone was safe while trying to get onto the boat. The tender ride was only about 10 minutes.

They had the groups set up where the tenders drop you off. We stood around there for a while before our tour guide came and walked us over to the school bus that would transport us to our boat. The tour operator for this excursion was Kelly Watersports and we would highly recommend them. I would love to take another tour with this group.

We boarded the boat for our ride out to Stingray City. We met some fellow CC members on the excursion, which was really cool. The ride out to stingray city was about 25 minutes and it was really windy the entire way there.

There were plenty of other boats at Stingray City when we arrived.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_T98TJgLpX7I/TXEzYEVVWKI/AAAAAAAABcc/V2DRV7tG-ls/s800/P2280009.JPG[/IMG]

[/quote]

Hey...that is me and my wife in that picture above on the right... I knew I should have said 'hi' to you guys. I saw you at dinner once or twice as well. We were at table 235 right during early dining and right above where you guys sat.

I even said to my wife on the boat in Grand Cayman..."I think that is the gal who e-mailed me the discount code for this excursion!" :D

LOVE your pictures.... this was an AWESOME cruise

[quote name='4wheelr']Hey...that is me and my wife in that picture above on the right... I knew I should have said 'hi' to you guys. I saw you at dinner once or twice as well. We were at table 235 right during early dining and right above where you guys sat.

I even said to my wife on the boat in Grand Cayman..."I think that is the gal who e-mailed me the discount code for this excursion!" :D

LOVE your pictures.... this was an AWESOME cruise[/quote]

Haha. That's funny. You should have said hi! We were actually chit-chatting with magicfan throughout that excursion.

[quote name='navybaby1113']I just re-read your last post and realized you did say your DS was the one in school. I originally thought you said DH. That was my failure at reading. :D

I was actually a Creative Writing major in college. How is he enjoying it?[/QUOTE]

He loves it. He's one of those people that doesn't cringe when told he has to write a paper for a class...my opposite. I type and retype these few sentences on CC!!!:o He was in an International Baccalaureate program at his high school and started FSU with the maximum credits allowed from high school. He is just finishing his third year. He has the media prod degree finished and only has a couple more classes for the creative writing major.

Where do you and your DH work on campus?

[quote name='krehberg']Go GATORS! :D:D[/QUOTE]
Ya, ya, ya...you and my husband!! :p Though I favor the Seminoles, I'm interested to see how the Gators will do in this fall (in the second year of rebuilding their program after losing so many seniors with Tebow).

[quote name='happylady']He loves it. He's one of those people that doesn't cringe when told he has to write a paper for a class...my opposite. I type and retype these few sentences on CC!!!:o He was in an International Baccalaureate program at his high school and started FSU with the maximum credits allowed from high school. He is just finishing his third year. He has the media prod degree finished and only has a couple more classes for the creative writing major.

Where do you and your DH work on campus?

Ya, ya, ya...you and my husband!! :p Though I favor the Seminoles, I'm interested to see how the Gators will do in this fall (in the second year of rebuilding their program after losing so many seniors with Tebow).[/quote]

DH works in Biology and I work in the stadium

[quote name='navybaby1113']...I also think they could have had more tables for anytime dining...[/quote]

We typically like to eat early and had no problem with HAL's anytime dining arrangement (they allow you to call in the morning and make a reservation which we never did but we always were seated within minutes of arrival).

Did you guys generally try to eat early or late?

Great review and fabulous pictures! We just pulled the trigger yesterday on a 5 day on Inspiration the week of May 2nd. Looking forward to it (a lot).

[quote name='grsnovi']We typically like to eat early and had no problem with HAL's anytime dining arrangement (they allow you to call in the morning and make a reservation which we never did but we always were seated within minutes of arrival).

Did you guys generally try to eat early or late?

Great review and fabulous pictures! We just pulled the trigger yesterday on a 5 day on Inspiration the week of May 2nd. Looking forward to it (a lot).[/quote]

We normally went to dinner sometime between 6-7pm. I hope you have a great cruise!

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']Could you please explain how to get there? Do you go past cabin rooms to bow area where the door is?[/quote]

Walk through the entrance way that says Verandah cabins and take a left. Walk all the way forward and there will be a door. Walk through that door and up the stairs. There will be another door. Go through that and you're on the deck. Great view, but very windy.

I have to say great pictures! I am not going on tis cruise but a 4 day out of LA. The pictures were really really great and I was wondering if you would not mind telling me what kind of camera you have? I am looking around for one.

Thanks! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Renee

[quote name='rene194215']I have to say great pictures! I am not going on tis cruise but a 4 day out of LA. The pictures were really really great and I was wondering if you would not mind telling me what kind of camera you have? I am looking around for one.

Thanks! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Renee[/quote]

I have a Canon SX20, which they do not make anymore. They do make a Canon SX30 now though, which I've heard is really good.

[quote name='navybaby1113']DH works in Biology and I work in the stadium[/QUOTE]

I'm bound and determined to come up for a football game this fall!! Last fall DS worked every game with Seminole Productions and loved it. I've never been to a game in Doak Campbell (it wasn't there when I attended in the 70's:rolleyes:).

[quote name='happylady']I'm bound and determined to come up for a football game this fall!! Last fall DS worked every game with Seminole Productions and loved it. I've never been to a game in Doak Campbell (it wasn't there when I attended in the 70's:rolleyes:).[/quote]

You definitely should. It's awesome!

[quote name='cruisin*tigger']Nice review!

Side note - DH and I flew into Tampa on the 26th for our cruise on the Legend the 27th; so we were sitting at that open air second floor restaurant at Channelside toasting the Inspiration as she left. [/quote]

Thanks!

I might actually have a picture of you as it was right outside our window.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_T98TJgLpX7I/TXErsMCp3yI/AAAAAAAABHQ/xQ2yMtgeBBc/s720/IMG_2041.JPG[/IMG]

[quote]
I might actually have a picture of you as it was right outside our window.
[/quote]
I wonder! What time did you take your picture? We got there around 2:30. We were back in the shade at the bar and then moved to sit under the second umbrella. Too funny and what a small world! :)

[quote name='cruisin*tigger']I wonder! What time did you take your picture? We got there around 2:30. We were back in the shade at the bar and then moved to sit under the second umbrella. Too funny and what a small world! :)[/quote]

I'd say somewhere between 2 and 3. It was shortly after we got to our cabins.

I have so enjoyed reading your review and viewing your photos! My DH and I are sailing on the Inspiration on Monday, March 21 and what we have read and seen has made us really excited about our trip! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

[quote name='florandia2']I have so enjoyed reading your review and viewing your photos! My DH and I are sailing on the Inspiration on Monday, March 21 and what we have read and seen has made us really excited about our trip! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this![/quote]

Thank you! Glad to get you even more excited! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived