Have you ever used a 45 day letter?

skyscanr

I would like to know have any on you great folks ever used a 45 day letter? If so what did you find extra in your room or on board .

For those of you that don't know a 45 day letter is given sometimes when you report or have a problem on a cruise and it tells you to call a number 45 days before you sail again .

thanks

So you will call when within 45 days of your cruise and see what happens. Don't be shy, ask if you can have a choice! I did. There is no way I wanted chocolate strawberries or a fruit basket with all the food available. To me, photo or drink coupons would be most helpful.

I have one of those letters in my posession right now. Funny youre asking about it as I received it due to some issues on my cruise in 2009. Were in the process of booking our next cruise so I just went to the file cabinet to find it and there it was.

I was also wondering what I would receive. It just mentioned Bon Voyage Gift in the letter.

So how did you folks get your letter?

We had some problems with a suite on the glory and I emailed the ceo right from the room .

I was surprized that things got fixed so soon after the email and was really surprized to get the letter in the mail

I would like to know have any on you great folks ever used a 45 day letter? If so what did you find extra in your room or on board .

For those of you that don't know a 45 day letter is given sometimes when you report or have a problem on a cruise and it tells you to call a number 45 days before you sail again .

thanks

We've done 14 Carnival cruises and still haven't received a "45-day letter"!

:cool:Bill

I have gotten "the letter" and was given several options to choose from, I think we opted for a fruit basket, it was a large and had some fruits that weren't available every day on board (kiwis, strawberries, grapes) plus apples, pears, oranges and bananas. There were also small cheese wedges and crackers, and I think peppermints.

ANother time we opted for drink coupons.

That's the only 2 times we have had issues that we wanted brought to Carnivals attention. I have also sent many emails regarding great service extended to us and the emails that I received afterwards thanked me for the comments and said that the various employess would be told about the compliments and it would be noted on evaluations, thus possibly helping them get a small raise - now, I can't tell you that really happened but I would like to think it did.

Had one from a 2008 cruise experience and when we booked our upcoming cruise less than 30 days in advance, I wasn't sure they'd let us use it. DH called last week and they gave him options. We opted for the drink coupons.

We had one a few years back. I think it was the last time we were on the Triumph. Anyway, our shower drains were blocked and flooded the bathroom, and eventually spilled out into the carpet of the cabin. Took 2 days to get the carpet dry and we constantly had people treating it so no musty smell would develop, with a loud blower going 24 hours. We got a percentage off our next cruise and an OBC, but I think it was only that much because of the severity and length of the problem, and how much inconvenience it caused.

thanks

I have been fortunate and used more than one! Drink Coupons for us, thank you very much!

After every cruise I would fill out those "How did we do?" forms or write a letter to Carnival with the good & bad. We received a letter each time, up until our last cruise ... no letter. I used one though on our last cruise that I had received over 2 years prior. Drink coupons of course :D

Archived