Who holds which cabins?

pinma

I'm looking at cabins available on the Summit for this July via celebrity and expedia. I've noticed that Celebrity offers me one slate of cabins in a given category and Expedia offers me another non-overlapping slate. Does this mean that my selection depends on who I book through? Who usually holds the premium cabins in a given category - celebrity or travel agents? The Summit cruise I'm most interested in isn't even open for booking yet but I'd like to figure out whether I should look at Celebrity or a TA when it does open for booking. If I'm booking early, I want the best cabin in our price range!

I'd call Celebrity and ask for the cabin you desirel.....if they say it isn't avail. and it's showing on another site, then go to the other site! I'm not a huge fan of online travel sites....I like to have a bit more control over my booking.

Its against the rules if you mention a TA site by name ...so be carefull.

The TA only is holding cabins if its a group cruise, and in that case the price would not be advertised in public more than likely, so if you see cabins on another TA site just call.

Most sites show 10 or less of the available cabins ...if you see less than the maximum then you are down the the last cabins avaiable.

Thanks for the heads up. It never even occurred to me to not name 'that' site! I'll go back and edit.

I'm still confused....

How do I get to see ALL the cabins available on a given cruise through the Celebrity website? (That's how I want to book. I don't want to have to keep going through someone else!) Can I see them online or do I have to call and ask for a specific cabin? That seems silly. I'd much rather just get a deck plan with all the available cabins highlighted so I can pick.

You might like to see all the cabins available and I think most of us would:rolleyes: but I do not know of any way to do that. Perhaps an excellent full service on-line TA (like MINE!) is your best bet. She talks over with me what I want on this trip (it varies depending on itenerary, weather, cost, and how many trips I've been on this year:D) and then she contacts the shipline and helps me decide what is best of those offered. She knows the ships, has "cheatsheets" of what each cabin is like, and knows the person booking for the shipline so they "work with her". She also usually beats cruiseline price, handles insurance paperwork AND gives me chocolate covered strawberries and OBC!

No cruise lines will show all availability= you will see up to 10 cabins available in any category- changing the number of people will show you other availability.\

Looking for where you want to be- have the beck plans opened and call to see what is available in the area you want.

Archived