ever been moved from a handicapped room

Tiggertastic

NCL has no way to know if you are handicapped or not, so they would not move you just because someone else called in to reserve the room saying they are handicapped. For all NCL knows you booked it because you need those facilities.

That is not accurate.

We booked a handicapped room on the POA last year and were immediately informed by our TA that NCL does not have a record of a medical disability, and therefore reserves the right to move us from the room. We were not moved, however.

Someone who actually has a disability can have that noted on the booking. NCL most certainly does have a way to know if someone is handicapped or not!

We booked a very last minute cruise two years ago. The last balcony room on the ship was a handicap room. If you looked on the map you didn't realize it because the room had been renovated. We were told, even though this was less than 2 weeks before sailing that if someone else needed the room for medical reasons we would be moved to at least an equal room. Of course I was fine with that.

When we got to our room it was twice the size of a regular room as was the balcony. The bathroom was perfect if you were in a wheelchair. There was no large couch, just a loveseat that pulled out.

The kicker was that there were bags at the door with our room number on them that weren't our bags. We called and let the front desk know and the people whose bags they were came up to claim them. It was a family with 1 pre-teen and 1 young child. Even though the room was clearly labelled to only sleep 3 they had booked it for 4. The cruiseline moved them to another room that actually did accomodate 4. The mom looked pissed because I know our room was bigger than the one that they were moved to, but, you can't argue with the cruise line and the number of people they allow in the room.

We didn't ask for the room, all I wanted was a balcony and it was the last one left. My dad has trouble walking and I mentioned to him that if he ever does need a walker or to bring a chair with him that he needs to request a HA room. I think it's horrible that people would book them in advance just for the extra size and deny someone who really needed it the room. If you want a bigger room, suck it up and book a suite.

We have a child with CP (now 15 years old). When we cruise with him we always book the largest suite on the ship. Cruiselines always try to put us in a handicapped cabin but we prefer a large suite. We always let the cruiseline know his condition in advance so we have a reserved table near the entrance to the dining room.

Archived