SOOO excited to be going back on the Sun

terrymtex01

We just booked our cruise for next year.. Oct 24th on the Sun. We had such a great time on the Sun before.. It will be fun to be back onboard again. Ok.. So it is 500+ days out.. but I'm still excited. 8-)

Let me guess... An aft suite???

It will be here before you know it!!!

We just booked our cruise for next year.. Oct 24th on the Sun. We had such a great time on the Sun before.. It will be fun to be back onboard again. Ok.. So it is 500+ days out.. but I'm still excited. 8-)

Damn Terry, why didn't you book Feb 25th so we could sail together? I too am really excited. It will be my third time on her, but Pat's first.

Nita

We'll have to wait just about one more year. Then we'll take the Sun over to Copenhagen in April. We had our very first cruise on the Sun in an aft BA cabin. It was pure magic. Can't wait. But first we have to take our grandson to the Bahamas in August – for his 12th birthday. Hi Nita.

Let me guess... An aft suite???

It will be here before you know it!!!

You know us SOO well.. Yes.. Aft suite on deck 10.

Damn Terry, why didn't you book Feb 25th so we could sail together? I too am really excited. It will be my third time on her, but Pat's first.

Nita

You would think Doug was a tax accountant.. LOL.. but he really can't take more than a day or two (if that) from Jan - May as far as vacation. What works best for both of us, schedule wise, is October/Nov. I would have LOVED to have sailed with you in Feb though. 8-)

Guess that means you've ruled on the NYC-NOLA cruise Star for next October. :( Dang! I thought maybe we'd finally get to meet.

Have fun on the Sun! We're on her for 24 days this September.

I booked an AD suite for us for the Feb. 25th sailing- our first ever suite!

Barb

barb,

I have a roll call started but I am the only one so far. You might want to be number 2. I will bring it back up. Good for you. If you haven't sailed the Sun, I think you are in for a pleasent surprise.

Nita

We are almost getting to the year mark! We booked the Sun from PC to Jamica, GSC, and Costa Rico for the March 31, 2012, sailing. This was booked back in August 2010. Wow the countdown will be starting shortly. :)

Guess that means you've ruled on the NYC-NOLA cruise Star for next October. :( Dang! I thought maybe we'd finally get to meet.

Have fun on the Sun! We're on her for 24 days this September.

It barely worked out for us to be able to take 11 days, 14 we would have really had to have worked magic. Plus, the staterooms we wanted were already booked.. I do love the itinenary for that cruise though. You will have a blast. It would have been great to meet you. This just gives us opportunities to book other cruises to meet on.. 8-)

88 days for us for our Baltic cruise! Terrymtex, I hope to meet you one day.

--Michael

Same here Michael. It is so fun to put faces with screen names.

We'll be on the Sun in May of next year! Very, very excited about this itinerary (I get to visit my paternal grandmother's birthplace - Gnoien, Germany). Also, we booked what I think is going to be an amazing cabin (1002).

It's a ways away, but thankfully we've got trips in between!

We'll be on the Sun in May of next year! Very, very excited about this itinerary (I get to visit my paternal grandmother's birthplace - Gnoien, Germany). Also, we booked what I think is going to be an amazing cabin (1002).

It's a ways away, but thankfully we've got trips in between!

I think you booked a very nice room. Please come back and tell us how you liked being Forward. Don't know if you have been to Germany or not, but if you haven't you are in for a treat. Germany is BEAUTIFUL and has very friendly people and great food. 8-)

I think you booked a very nice room. Please come back and tell us how you liked being Forward. Don't know if you have been to Germany or not, but if you haven't you are in for a treat. Germany is BEAUTIFUL and has very friendly people and great food. 8-)

Looking forward to being forward! ;) Once we've done this one we can say we've done pretty much an entire ship -- port, starboard, aft, and now this! I know people talk about motion and wind, but I'm sure we'll be fine.

We've not been to Germany, but I come from a German family, so I'm very familiar with the people and the food. I still have relatives in Baden-Baden, so we're contemplating doing a week in Germany either before or after the cruise. We'll see...

500 days? Wow! I bought my next cruise 10 months in advance and the wait is killing me. I couldn't imagine 500 days. Do you have any booked in the mean time?

I love her!!!!! I think I'm going to get a Cruise reward on my next cruise on the Star and book another one for the Sun! Not telling DH yet though, if he doesn't want to go I'll go alone!!!

Really glad to see many of the NCL Cruise Critic veterans speak highly of the Sun. We're planning on sailing on her in Jan/Feb 2013 on a 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise. The itinerary includes Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Marteen. Great itinerary!:)

Haven't booked it yet as I am waiting til my next cruise to get another future cruise reward.:D

Really glad to see many of the NCL Cruise Critic veterans speak highly of the Sun. We're planning on sailing on her in Jan/Feb 2013 on a 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise. The itinerary includes Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Marteen. Great itinerary!:)

Haven't booked it yet as I am waiting til my next cruise to get another future cruise reward.:D

We are doing that cruise, except in December 2012. I don't know how many days that is from now....a lot?

We sailed on the Sun from Buenos Aires to Santiago, Chile in February 2010. We thought the ship was great! Just the right size and the crew was so nice. We're really looking forward to our next adventure - a one-of-a-kind itinerary to Norway, Faroe Islands, Scotland, Iceland, and Ireland in September 2012.

Archived