Elegant Night - Funniest Thing You Have Ever Seen

jmeans23970

I saw a lady on my last cruise that reminded me of Ursula the Sea Witch.

She was dressed in this long flowy dress that was purple and turquois. I think it must have had chiffon or something too. and She had all her hair piled up on her head (like the catoon character).

I am sure it wasn't intentional, but with the colors nd the dress swiring around, and her hair up...my first thought was Ursula!

I saw a lady on my last cruise that reminded me of Ursula the Sea Witch.

She was dressed in this long flowy dress that was purple and turquois. I think it must have had chiffon or something too. and She had all her hair piled up on her head (like the catoon character).

I am sure it wasn't intentional, but with the colors nd the dress swiring around, and her hair up...my first thought was Ursula!

LMFAO! :eek::eek:

On one cruise on elegant night, a VERY large man stepped off the elevator with a rainbow suit on and a good-looking girl on each arm. Awesome!

I saw a couple who both dressed formally in ways I had never seen before. They looked beautiful and stood out like they were the only ones in the dining room but their formal wear was literally from the 1800's (not an exaggeration) with her big feather hat and his turn of the century tux. I thought I was on the Titanic.

I would of loved to see this in all honesty!!

Great thread!

Most interesting thing we saw on elegant night was on our 2007 Triumph sailing.

A little background first: There was a guy that wore a different colored speedo every day at the lido pool. Sometimes with a matching necklace. He had an american flag one, a bright green one, a bright pink one...you get the idea.

Well, his evening attire was just as interesting. On elegant night he wore a very purple tuxedo with tails and had a matching cane. :p

I forget earlier to add my funniest things......

First I will never understand why someone thinks they should wear on elegant night or any night for that matter a dress that once on a person could be mistaken for a "working girl". I seem to see more and more woman dressed like they just steeped off a street corner or are heading to the closet strip club. Now mind you if you have the body to pull of a dress that is short or tight go for it. I am jealous cuz I sure can't. But to me there is a big difference in a elegant dress and something out of a striipers closet.

I had a good laugh last Feb on our cruise there was a family getting pics taken. Everyone looked very nice It was a family w/ 2 teenage girls. One of the girls was wearing a short dress. Maybe a little shorter than I would like to see my daughter wear but def something bought at a local dept store. It was a nice black dress. She was a tall girl so it also ran a bit shorter (well I'm just assuming this) on her so short she had gym shorts underneath it. They where totally sticking out under the dress. Now if my dress was that short or ill fitting I think I would work on finding another. I'm sure I had a friend whom I could even borrow a dress from.

Another thing I find funny is all the strapless dresses worn w/ strapped bras.... I will never understand that

Ok, here are a 3 that I can think of right now:

On the Victory in April 2004 (my 2nd cruise with Carnival) a lady who just happened to have the same name as me (except I was 20 at the time and she would have been in her 50s) was wearing a long, fitted, black V neck dress on the 1st Formal Night (back when it was called that). Sounds ok, right? Except, the V neck was cut in such a way that about half of each of her boobs was showing and sticking out there for the whole ship to see!! :eek: Showed a lot of cleavege as well. Don't know if it was intentional or not. She even shows up in the cruise video wearing that dress!! She had the body to pull of the dress but that neckline still makes me cringe!!

On the Freedom December 2007/January 2008 (it was a New Years cruise which makes this, IMO, even worse). :eek: If I remember right, it was New Years Eve as well! I saw this couple (probably in their 20s) walking through the dining room to their table at the beginning of late seating. She had on a beautiful, full length evening gown, tight to her waist, with a full skirt and beads, secquins, etc on the top half and she had her hair and makeup done very nicely (maybe even professionaly?). If the dress hadn't of been a pale shade of pink/peach, it could have been a wedding dress. She had really nice balck formal sandals as well. It was obvious that she spent a lot of time getting ready and making sure she looked great (which I appreciated)!! :D I looked behind her at her boyfriend (husband, fiance, don't know) and he was wearing blue jeans, a t-shirt (not a good one either) and a pair of flip-flops. :eek: I still can't believe they let him in the dining room like that, especially on a Formal Night!! If I was her, I would have been mortifyed and a little offended that I took the time to look my best and he really didn't give a damn and dressed like a total slob!! :( Sheesh!!

I saw a Service Dog (a black lab) dressed up in a Tuxedo (complete with bow tie, tails and a top hat) on the 1st Formal Night when I was onboard the Caribbean Princess in 2005, too cute!!!!

Those are all I can think of at the moment. If I think of more, I'll share them later!! :D

6 ft tall male "Scarlett O'hara" in a red silk ballgown

There was a group of transvestites on our Destiny B2B a couple of years ago. On Elegant Night, there were about six of them in evening gowns. One was about 6' 5" or 6' 6" tall.

We also saw him later in the cruise coming down the spiral staircase to the lido deck and wearing a stars and stripes bikini and stopping on the way down to adjust his "package". It will take a long time to forget that sight. :eek:

I was a bit worried when I saw this thread because I know that the last one of its kind did not end so well due to photos and the ongoing discussions about the "chain" dress and the other blue one that the same woman wore.

The posts that have been on here have been really funny.

I can't think of any really bad outfits that I saw on either of my cruises, this is something I will keep my eye out for on my next one.

Archived