Europe 13 day on Silhouette> priced High?

i guide the sky

It would be very helpful if you would provide a price or a price range.

Please do a little research on excursions too because they are relatively high in the Med. In most ports you are required by law to have both a guide and a driver. Petrol is higher in Europe too. And, don't ignore the price of West Texas crude which could impact a fuel surcharge. The last time we had one on Celebrity it was $9 per day.

It's not just the cruise fare you must evaluate.

May 5th 2012?? 13 days for $2,500 in a balcony? Seems reasonable to me

Compared to a 12nt solstice, similar ports in May this year being $1800 for a balcony, not so reasonable. But maybe they are just tring to get people to bite, I guess it should go down over the next 12 months.

What I find intriguing is that if you compare Silhouette to Solstice on their May 2012 itineraries the balconies and suites are slightly more expensive on Silhouette (here in the Netherlands they are priced at EUR 1.866 vs EUR 1.770, a meager 6% difference), but with the insides and ocean views it's the other way around: the prices of those cabins are around 16% higher on Solstice than they are on Silhouette! I have no idea why that is... the number of balconies is the same on both ships, right?

Furthermore, those same insides and ocean views are about the same price as similar itineraries for May 2011... but balconies and suites are higher priced. So, I would think that the prices for the balconies will drop in a couple of months while the prices for insides and ocean views will not. On the contrary, those prices might even go up based on supply/demand.

Rogier

I am also looking at the same trips and I would expect that they would go down eventually like they did for this years similar trips in May due to the glut of ships in the region. Problem was that they just dropped the prices for this year like a month ago and it was too late for me to take advantage.

I think all the cruise lines are pricing high and hoping that they don't have to drop them too much down the road. I can't believe there won't be even more competition on prices with all the cruise lines sending even more ships next year

Many of my friends, myself included would love to go to Europe, but these current prices plus the ridiculous flight prices are keeping us away.

What I find intriguing is that if you compare Silhouette to Solstice on their May 2012 itineraries the balconies and suites are slightly more expensive on Silhouette (here in the Netherlands they are priced at EUR 1.866 vs EUR 1.770, a meager 6% difference), but with the insides and ocean views it's the other way around: the prices of those cabins are around 16% higher on Solstice than they are on Silhouette! I have no idea why that is... the number of balconies is the same on both ships, right?

Furthermore, those same insides and ocean views are about the same price as similar itineraries for May 2011... but balconies and suites are higher priced. So, I would think that the prices for the balconies will drop in a couple of months while the prices for insides and ocean views will not. On the contrary, those prices might even go up based on supply/demand.

Rogier

Doesn't the Silhouette have more cabins? I thought they added more on this ship.

It would be very helpful if you would provide a price or a price range.

Please do a little research on excursions too because they are relatively high in the Med. In most ports you are required by law to have both a guide and a driver. Petrol is higher in Europe too. And, don't ignore the price of West Texas crude which could impact a fuel surcharge. The last time we had one on Celebrity it was $9 per day.

It's not just the cruise fare you must evaluate.

Required by law to have a driver? Sorry, not in any of the ports on this itinerary, they are all easy to diy, except Ephesus where a guide is nice, but not required.:)

Archived