Carnival Spirit

The suspense is killing me :eek: So much so I looked up Sydney port schedule

Arrives 17/10/12

Departs 19/10/12

Then arrivals

28/10/12 (9 nights from previous departure)

8/11/12 (10 nights)

16/11/12 (9 nights)

27/11/12 (11 nights)

6/12/12 (9 nights)

16/12/12 (10 nights)

27/12/12 (11 nights)

29/12/12 (2 nights)

8/1/13 (10 nights)

20/1/13 (12 nights)

and so on and on and on

So looks like a little 2 nighter in there 27/12 and a NYE (not combined with Xmas yayyyy) cruise. Most of those don't look long enough to go to NZ and back?

I think NYE on Spirit would be fun :D

OK back to being suspenseful :p

So that means from Honolulu it will be 18 night cruise??:confused:

So that means from Honolulu it will be 18 night cruise??:confused:

Take a day out for crossing the dateline, so 17, that's if they leave Honolulu on 30 Sept, if not take another day out, for an extra day in Honoulu, 16, which is why they have 2 port days booked on arrival in Sydney :confused: (that could also be for all of OZ to admire her though :p). Which could mean they are going to fast track with a Maui stop, then a few days in Tahiti and straight to Sydney (missing New Zealand) or they could go via ????? or I could hypothesis until the sun comes up (which it will! :D) and will wait until they release the dayam itineraries!

Boy, that was hard thinking!

ALL I KNOW IS I wish they would hurry up and Bl..dy well tell us-

hubby and I think it is a marketing ploy to get us to clamber in and book as soon as the details are released.

FRENZY booking

Agree with what you have to say about "FRENZY booking"! John Heald has a large following on Facebook, and lots of folks who post there are so eager for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise to be released for booking that they can hardly restrain themselves!!

Take a day out for crossing the dateline, so 17, that's if they leave Honolulu on 30 Sept, if not take another day out, for an extra day in Honoulu, 16, which is why they have 2 port days booked on arrival in Sydney :confused: (that could also be for all of OZ to admire her though :p). Which could mean they are going to fast track with a Maui stop, then a few days in Tahiti and straight to Sydney (missing New Zealand) or they could go via ????? or I could hypothesis until the sun comes up (which it will! :D) and will wait until they release the dayam itineraries!

Boy, that was hard thinking!

Don't know about stopping in Maui because we're booked on the first cruise of Spirit's repositioning, Vancouver to Honolulu, and I believe that Spirit is calling at Maui on that cruise. It is late, and I'm tired so please excuse me if I'm mistaken.....

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 Vancouver, British Columbia -- 5:00 pm

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 Fun Day At Sea -- --

Thursday, September 20, 2012 Fun Day At Sea -- --

Friday, September 21, 2012 Fun Day At Sea -- --

Saturday, September 22, 2012 Fun Day At Sea -- --

Sunday, September 23, 2012 Fun Day At Sea -- --

Monday, September 24, 2012 Kona, Hi Tender 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 Hilo, Hawaii 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Thursday, September 27, 2012 Maui (kahului), Hi Tender 8:00 am --

Friday, September 28, 2012 Maui (Kahului), Hawaii -- 6:00 pm

Saturday, September 29, 2012 Honolulu, Hawaii 8:00 am --

Sunday, September 30, 2012 Honolulu, Hawaii -- 8:00 am

First leg looks good.

Then ??

Pity it wasn't 2011!

Just checking out deck plans and cabin types :D

Those interior french doors look great! even though I'm a balcony girl, primarily because I like fresh air....I could be tempted to move to one of those. There will be lots of sea days though :rolleyes:

How cheap is the repo from Vancouver to Hawaii! As a solo traveller I NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE! :o Bet they jack up the prices from HNL to SYD as they know us Aussies will be champing at the bit for cheaper cruising on a decent ship :p But she will have competition coming down at that time too!

I'm going to leave a message with my TA to book me any cabin if this doesn't open up before I go away!

I want to go on the fun ship :)

Which could mean they are going to fast track with a Maui stop, then a few days in Tahiti and straight to Sydney (missing New Zealand) or they could go via ?????

Some go via Noumea instead, otherwise it's a very long sea stretch!

Just checking out deck plans and cabin types :D

Those interior french doors look great! even though I'm a balcony girl, primarily because I like fresh air....I could be tempted to move to one of those. There will be lots of sea days though :rolleyes:

How cheap is the repo from Vancouver to Hawaii! As a solo traveller I NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE! :o Bet they jack up the prices from HNL to SYD as they know us Aussies will be champing at the bit for cheaper cruising on a decent ship :p But she will have competition coming down at that time too!

I'm going to leave a message with my TA to book me any cabin if this doesn't open up before I go away!

I want to go on the fun ship :)

Got a quote on Category 4K (interior obstructed view with French doors) on March 11th and it was US $979.00 per person double occupancy (you can check on Carnival's website for the current price). If you use a TA, you may also be able to get an onboard credit. Hope this info helps!

Just want all of you who read this thread to know I called Carnival this morning (10:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, US), the rep I spoke to saw nothing for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise, she offered to call Guest Solutions which is closed over the weekend; when she returned to the phone after speaking to the rep in Guest Solutions, the answer was, "I'm sorry there is still no news." I call every day, and I usually call in the afternoon or evening, but I'm going out now and by the time I return, Guest Solutions will be closed. I'll post any update here as soon as I have

it. Hang in there!!!

This is a deliberate ploy to Pscyh us up so if they have horrible port stops such as NOUMEA we will still want to book.

I hope there are port visits in places we haven't all been several times over.

I will be away next week from our computer - I hope we don't miss the release date.

ARRGH:eek:

This is a deliberate ploy to Pscyh us up so if they have horrible port stops such as NOUMEA we will still want to book.

I will be away next week from our computer - I hope we don't miss the release date.

ARRGH:eek:

When you say "next week," do you mean beginning on Sunday? I'll try to remember to post on Friday evening Eastern Daylight Time (15 hours behind Sydney) what the result is of my Friday call to Carnival; that is, if the Honolulu to Sydney cruise hasn't been released yet. There is a LOT of interest in the "regular" Carnival forum, but I don't believe that many folks check here on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum; I originally checked here because I was hoping that one of you could tell ME what's going on!

Just want all of you who read this thread to know I called Carnival this morning (10:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, US), the rep I spoke to saw nothing for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise, she offered to call Guest Solutions which is closed over the weekend; when she returned to the phone after speaking to the rep in Guest Solutions, the answer was, "I'm sorry there is still no news." I call every day, and I usually call in the afternoon or evening, but I'm going out now and by the time I return, Guest Solutions will be closed. I'll post any update here as soon as I have

it. Hang in there!!!

Your a legend! :D

This is a delibe rate ploy to Pscyh us up so if they have horrible port stops such as NOUMEA we will still want to book.

ARRGH

Is it the repo your interested in or cruises after she arrives? Noumea will almost always be a port of call for immigration purposes to cruise the islands of New Caledonia. That's why 99% stop there. So may as well accept that one :D

I'm telling my TA to book a cabin for me if it comes out while I'm away from 13 - 27 April....I can always cancel if I'm not happy with the repo stops (or the price for that matter :p).

Your a legend! :D

Is it the repo your interested in or cruises after she arrives? Noumea will almost always be a port of call for immigration purposes to cruise the islands of New Caledonia. That's why 99% stop there. So may as well accept that one :D

I'm telling my TA to book a cabin for me if it comes out while I'm away from 13 - 27 April....I can always cancel if I'm not happy with the repo stops (or the price for that matter :p).

Its the repo,

I believe that once its aussie CARNIVAL all the prices will be dearer,

And we've done 2 of those Island cruises over last couple of years.

Too B..dy old to repeat things.

Snow and I want to get a weeks timeshare in Honolulu before hand.

We have a $100 credit voucher we bought on our last carnival cruise.

I would love stops to be other than Vanuatu and Noumea so we see something different.

With all those days at sea we would like to get a balcony cabin,.

Don't care where- Cheapest unobstructed will do on Maindeck- we had 4219 on our alaskan cruise and it was great- just around corner from laundry.

If we were rich we would book an aft but we are not.

I think I'll do the same with our TA- tell him to put one on hold and phone us-

We are going to our timeshare in Taupo for a week on Friday for hubbys birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary- be back night of 15th.

[quote name='oysterfiend']Its the repo,
I believe that once its aussie CARNIVAL all the prices will be dearer,
And we've done 2 of those Island cruises over last couple of years.
Too B..dy old to repeat things.

Snow and I want to get a weeks timeshare in Honolulu before hand.
We have a $100 credit voucher we bought on our last carnival cruise.

I would love stops to be other than Vanuatu and Noumea so we see something different.

With all those days at sea we would like to get a balcony cabin,.
Don't care where- Cheapest unobstructed will do on Maindeck- we had 4219 on our alaskan cruise and it was great- just around corner from laundry.
If we were rich we would book an aft but we are not.

I think I'll do the same with our TA- tell him to put one on hold and phone us-
We are going to our timeshare in Taupo for a week on Friday for hubbys birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary- be back night of 15th.[/quote]

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DH!!!
Got a call this afternoon while we were out from a Carnival rep ("Miss Snooty" DH calls her because she puts on airs); she left a message that contained the following:
1. Honolulu to Sydney is not available for booking yet (this is news?!)
2. "It will be soon"
3. Anyone who wants to sail from Vancouver to Sydney "had better book
the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise now because it's going fast."
Please remember I have no idea how accurate any of this is, but I have committed to posting here whenever I hear anything "new."

[quote name='Kiln Wood']HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DH!!!
Got a call this afternoon while we were out from a Carnival rep ("Miss Snooty" DH calls her because she puts on airs); she left a message that contained the following:
1. Honolulu to Sydney is not available for booking yet (this is news?!)
2. "It will be soon"
3. Anyone who wants to sail from Vancouver to Sydney "had better book
the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise now because it's going fast."
Please remember I have no idea how accurate any of this is, but I have committed to posting here whenever I hear anything "new."[/quote]

The Vancouver to Honolulu cruise looks great but we went to Vancouuver last September after our Alaskan cruise and spent 20 days in BC.
we can't afford both cruises.
We shouldn't even be considering one for 2012:eek:.
Never been to Honolulu so a weeks timeshare would be good.

Wow - what a bunch of whining whingers!!
Carnival announced that the Spriit is going to be there October 2012 - you would think after reading some of the posts that you don't want it down there!! Carnival hasn't announced any of her sailing for late 2012 yet!!!!
Can't believe some of your complaints already!....lol
"I hope its not going to the same ports........" blah blah
"I hope that hey are not going to cram more people on board" blah blah
Why complain when you have no idea yet???????????

I think it's fantastic that Carnival is getting into the Aussie market and Royal Caribbean is positioning another ship down there too. Carnival hasn't been in the Med market either but coming in 2012 too ....but itineraries not announced yet.
It's good for competition and of course the prices will come down with competition.

[quote name='jaybird1']Wow - what a bunch of whining whingers!!
Carnival announced that the Spriit is going to be there October 2012 - you would think after reading some of the posts that you don't want it down there!! Carnival hasn't announced any of her sailing for late 2012 yet!!!!

I think it's fantastic that Carnival is getting into the Aussie market and Royal Caribbean is positioning another ship down there too. Carnival hasn't been in the Med market either but coming in 2012 too ....but itineraries not announced yet.
It's good for competition and of course the prices will come down with competition.[/quote]

We are NOT whingers- many of us have done Noumea and Vanuatu many times and have also sailed on Carnival- we like Carnival -and are very interested to see how it will affect cruising down under-

In the USA market it is very competitive.And we have no hesitation in booking cruises 7 days plus.
However it may become more expensive once it is Carnival Australia- not whinging just a point to consider.

But why would you sail on Carnival again for the same cruise you done several times over?
I know some people sail for the ship but for us the region and port stops are very much a big consideration.
If it is priced not much cheaper than other cruise lines and does similar itineraries, than
I 'm too old for repeats. Not whinging just a comment.

I am very excited about the repo cruise because it will be in territory we have not been in before.

[quote name='jaybird1']Wow - what a bunch of whining whingers!!

It's good for competition and of course the prices will come down with competition.[/quote]

LOL your funny :D.

BTW Carnival announced a date then withdrew it.....so we can discuss what we dayam well please :p Also history tells us what cruise lines do when they deploy their ships down here.........they add more bunks to cabins! Very simple.

Oh yeah, we like to try different things and not go back to the same old same old...........we're an adventurous bunch :p

Oh and Aussies are whingers not whiners......get it right :p

[quote name='Debsta']LOL your funny :D.

BTW Carnival announced a date then withdrew it.....so we can discuss what we dayam well please :p Also history tells us what cruise lines do when they deploy their ships down here.........they add more bunks to cabins! Very simple.

Oh yeah, we like to try different things and not go back to the same old same old...........we're an adventurous bunch :p

Oh and Aussies are whingers not whiners......get it right :p[/quote]

RIGHT ON, Deb!!!

[quote name='oysterfiend']We are NOT whingers- many of us have done Noumea and Vanuatu many times and have also sailed on Carnival- we like Carnival -and are very interested to see how it will affect cruising down under-

In the USA market it is very competitive.And we have no hesitation in booking cruises 7 days plus.
However it may become more expensive once it is Carnival Australia- not whinging just a point to consider.

But why would you sail on Carnival again for the same cruise you done several times over?
I know some people sail for the ship but for us the region and port stops are very much a big consideration.
If it is priced not much cheaper than other cruise lines and does similar itineraries, than
I 'm too old for repeats. Not whinging just a comment.

I am very excited about the repo cruise because it will be in territory we have not been in before.[/quote]

YES!!! Will post here as soon as I learn more. Know you'll be on holiday beginning Friday, but I won't forget you! Go and have a SUPER time!!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Kiln Wood']YES!!! Will post here as soon as I learn more. Know you'll be on holiday beginning Friday, but I won't forget you! Go and have a SUPER time!![/quote]

Back home and online again-
Really irritated that the date has been stretched out again and from Honolulu it will be Carnival Australia-

You know what that probably means - disparities with similar length cruises Carniaval USA- in price and probably not in the Australasian cruisers favour:(

Photos of Nouveau Steakhouse on Carnival Spirit, from CC News and Features - Cruise Ship Restaurant Up-Charges: Would You Pay $75 to Dine at Sea?

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28790681#post28790681[/url]

A definate NO here Marion....best alternative dining we have done was the Diamond Princess's steakhouse it was just US$15pp and the food was fantastic...full for days.
We looked at the venue and the menu at the Luke Mangan eatery on the Pacific Dawn and kept walking.......cheers Shiona

Archived