Carnival Spirit

[quote name='MMDown Under']Photos of Nouveau Steakhouse on Carnival Spirit, from CC News and Features - Cruise Ship Restaurant Up-Charges: Would You Pay $75 to Dine at Sea?

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28790681#post28790681[/URL][/quote]

I don't see the actual photo there, or description of the cost. The linked article refers to that cost being for Disney.

Can only answer generally that it depends on the offering and price. Thought Celebrity's specialty restaurant and RCL's 150 Park are worthwhile at $35/head, but some cheaper specialty options don't appeal.

[quote name='The_Big_M']I don't see the actual photo there, or description of the cost. The linked article refers to that cost being for Disney.

Can only answer generally that it depends on the offering and price. Thought Celebrity's specialty restaurant and RCL's 150 Park are worthwhile at $35/head, but some cheaper specialty options don't appeal.[/QUOTE]

When I click on the link, it takes me to photos of the restaurant on Carnival Spirit, which could be of interest to those planning to cruise on that ship.

Post 28709681 just has the text "No" in it. There was a post made after the one above (later last night) with photos - not sure if that's what you're referring to, but it wasn't there at the time of my post or your previous quote.

If you could link to the actual post with the content, it would help.

[quote name='The_Big_M']I don't see the actual photo there, or description of the cost. The linked article refers to that cost being for Disney.

Can only answer generally that it depends on the offering and price. Thought Celebrity's specialty restaurant and RCL's 150 Park are worthwhile at $35/head, but some cheaper specialty options don't appeal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't understand.

It is still there, when I click on the link. It starts -

"Aloha from CARNIVAL SPIRIT:

30 USD for the Nouveau Steakhouse has nothing just to do with a "plain" having food......................" etc etc, with photos of restaurant.

You can find it under Cruise Critic News and Features - "Cruise Ship Restaurant Up-Charges: Would You Pay $75 to Dine at Sea" was the name of the thread.

Ah, thanks, that got it, it was post 213: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28789509&postcount=213[/url]

I'd have to do a bit more research on it; the pictures there didn't grab me though I don't mind the idea. What are your thoughts on it?

Hello from the Pacific Pearl :D

Just spoke with the Future Cruise lady and she is not long off the Carnival Spirit. She said the repo will be going from San Francisco or Los Angeles not Vancouver due to having to leave form a US port. She also said repo will be announced with changes in a week or so. She noted Carnival will be it's own brand down here and it's a 'test case'. She said that Princess and P&O will be combined into one brand within a year. She noted Carnival prices WILL increase once cruising outta OZ :p She also noted that the whole thing is a big mess :D I'll post more when I get back.

Deb

[quote name='Debsta']Hello from the Pacific Pearl :D

Just spoke with the Future Cruise lady and she is not long off the Carnival Spirit. She said the repo will be going from San Francisco or Los Angeles not Vancouver due to having to leave form a US port. She also said repo will be announced with changes in a week or so. She noted Carnival will be it's own brand down here and it's a 'test case'. She said that Princess and P&O will be combined into one brand within a year. She noted Carnival prices WILL increase once cruising outta OZ :p She also noted that the whole thing is a big mess :D I'll post more when I get back.

Deb[/quote]

Just wanted to thank you for sharing, Deb, and I've posted in quotes part of your message on the Facebook page Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012 to see if anyone there knows anything more about what you learned! THANKS AGAIN!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

[quote name='Kiln Wood']Just wanted to thank you for sharing, Deb, and I've posted in quotes part of your message on the Facebook page Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012 to see if anyone there knows anything more about what you learned! THANKS AGAIN!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise![/quote]

DH just came into the den where the computer is, and he wants me to tell you, "I think it's very generous of you to share your vacation time with this very important and essential information. It's people like you who make this world a better place to live! Thank you for sharing."

[quote name='Debsta']Hello from the Pacific Pearl :D

Deb[/quote]

What we all expected- Price increase!

Unless Carnival is cancelling the first leg of repo from Vancouver to Hawaii, leaving from a US port doesn't make sense, since Hawaii IS a US port.

The second leg, we always assumed, would be Hawaii to Oz.

I think there are a lot of rumors circulating right now (what else is new), and nobody will be sure of anything until the itinerary is actually posted.

[quote name='crzndeb']Unless Carnival is cancelling the first leg of repo from Vancouver to Hawaii, leaving from a US port doesn't make sense, since Hawaii IS a US port.

I think there are a lot of rumors circulating right now (what else is new), and nobody will be sure of anything until the itinerary is actually posted.[/quote]

I agree about the US port thing does not make sense.

For those of you who want ship fact info on Carnival Spirit here is a great site. [URL]https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/spirit/spirit.htm[/URL]

[quote name='tracyvansmith']

For those of you who want ship fact info on Carnival Spirit here is a great site. [URL]https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/spirit/spirit.htm[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing the link to the great site on Carnival Spirit.

And beware re Carnival Line, I was on Carnival Spirit in 2005, 3 weeks, Hawaiian Islands, Vancouver, Inside Passage. AUSSIES ONLY had to pay the Automatic Wage Subsidy (Auto tips!) up front with cruise payment, no pay tips before and not negotiable, no ticket.

Discrimination again !

But I still enjoyed the trip, Carnival Spirit is a nice size ship.

[quote name='crzndeb']Unless Carnival is cancelling the first leg of repo from Vancouver to Hawaii, leaving from a US port doesn't make sense, since Hawaii IS a US port.

I think there are a lot of rumors circulating right now (what else is new), and nobody will be sure of anything until the itinerary is actually posted.[/quote]

I queried that as well, however, she said the repo must start from a US port ie. LAX/SFO as Hawaii is the middle of the repo.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger :D

Don't worry Deb, (great name). We aren't mad at you!!! LOL!!!

I haven't booked the Van-Hawaii yet....waiting for full trip to come out so I can book the same room.

I'm assuming since technically this would be from Vancouver to Oz (even though it's 2 legs), maybe there is some rule or law that might come into play.

I am driving my dog down to San Diego from Seattle area, so if it ended up leaving from LA or San Fran, that would be easier for me to get to. He stays with my daughter down there when I go on long trips.

I have been on the Spirit 4 times and it is my fave Carnival ship (though I have only been on 3 of them).

[quote name='NSWP']And beware re Carnival Line, I was on Carnival Spirit in 2005, 3 weeks, Hawaiian Islands, Vancouver, Inside Passage. AUSSIES ONLY had to pay the Automatic Wage Subsidy (Auto tips!) up front with cruise payment, no pay tips before and not negotiable, no ticket.

Discrimination again !

But I still enjoyed the trip, Carnival Spirit is a nice size ship.[/quote]
Kiwis have to too

[quote name='crzndeb']Don't worry Deb, (great name). We aren't mad at you!!! LOL!!!

I haven't booked the Van-Hawaii yet....waiting for full trip to come out so I can book the same room.

I'm assuming since technically this would be from Vancouver to Oz (even though it's 2 legs), maybe there is some rule or law that might come into play.

I am driving my dog down to San Diego from Seattle area, so if it ended up leaving from LA or San Fran, that would be easier for me to get to. He stays with my daughter down there when I go on long trips.

I have been on the Spirit 4 times and it is my fave Carnival ship (though I have only been on 3 of them).[/quote]

There is no law that comes into play for these two cruises.

I just can't see the ship going from Hawaii back to the US then going from LA or San Farn. and still make the Oct. 17 date that it has with the OZ port. Not when the cruise form Hawaii to San Diego takes 12 days. I feel the worker on the ship is miss informed about the US port thing.

Have already posted this on the Facebook page Tracy set up
Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012 but I have no way of knowing how many of you are Facebook users or even know about the page so here's the latest. A friend who is interested in this cruise did some "bird dogging" and as a result learned this afternoon (approximately 15 hours behind Sydney time) via a Carnival supervisor the Honolulu to Sydney cruise will be available for booking "the 2nd week of May." Has anyone here on CC heard anything lately?

[quote name='Kiln Wood']Have already posted this on the Facebook page Tracy set up
Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012 but I have no way of knowing how many of you are Facebook users or even know about the page so here's the latest. A friend who is interested in this cruise did some "bird dogging" and as a result learned this afternoon (approximately 15 hours behind Sydney time) via a Carnival supervisor the Honolulu to Sydney cruise will be available for booking "the 2nd week of May." Has anyone here on CC heard anything
lately?[/quote]

Bummer we will be in Coolangatta then.

With all this waiting the timeshare week in Honolulu that I was going to book has gone and I must say I am getting quite frustrated with all the changes in release dates.

[quote name='oysterfiend']Bummer we will be in Coolangatta then.

With all this waiting the timeshare week in Honolulu that I was going to book has gone and I must say I am getting quite frustrated with all the changes in release dates.[/quote]

Join the crowd because speaking for DH me, we are also "quite frustrated with all the changes in release dates." As I mentioned last time you went away, I'll be sure to post so you see the latest when you return! The only way I wouldn't do that is if we must travel from home unexpectedly (have no laptop).

Thanks -
we will be away three 1/2 weeks and I wanted this resolved before we went away.

We have bought a mini laptop but I need instructions as to how to use free wireless etc at Starbucks etc.

We always go away when business gets quieter- it is easier for our paid minders.
If we didn't go away I'd get PEOPLED out- as we own a 7 day a week business.

Hello all my fello Spirit fans,

I to am axiously awaiting the dates for the Spirit sailing from the US to Australia. On facebook I posted a message to John Heald asking where will the Spirit be drydocked and will I be able to book directly through the Carnival US websit.

John said that the Spirit will be drydocked in America and have some minor renovations made to it, before embarking on its journey to Australia. He also said we will be able to book directly through Carnival's Us website or Carnival Australia.

On the pricing issue, John said he will advise me once he knows.

Regards
Ozcruisiegirl :p

Archived