Carnival Spirit

[quote name='ozcruisiegirl']Hello all my fello Spirit fans,

I to am axiously awaiting the dates for the Spirit sailing from the US to Australia. On facebook I posted a message to John Heald asking where will the Spirit be drydocked and will I be able to book directly through the Carnival US websit.

John said that the Spirit will be drydocked in America and have some minor renovations made to it, before embarking on its journey to Australia. He also said we will be able to book directly through Carnival's Us website or Carnival Australia.

On the pricing issue, John said he will advise me once he knows.

Regards
Ozcruisiegirl :p[/quote]

Are you aware of the Facebook page one of our prospective fellow passengers has set up? If not, you may want to check it out:
Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012
There is also a Carnival Spirit roll call on CC for the Spirit's repositioning cruise to Australia you may want to have a look at. Looking forward to meeting you personally!

I got to thinking that RCI Radiance is repositioning this year, so I looked at it's itinerary

Sept 16 2011 Vancouver to Hawaii 11 day

Sept 27 2011 Honolulu to Sydney 17 day

All the more reason, that the Spirit does NOT need to leave form another US port (Los Angeles or San Francisco)

I think everything will stay as is for the Vancouver to Hawaii, and the itinerary should be out soon for Hawaii to Oz

I went back and quizzed said future cruise chick (3 times) and sent another two people to do the same :p We all got conflicting reports each time....surprise surprise.

On my last little chat with her I decided she's an idiot :eek: (actually it was the 2nd chat but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt!) :D

[quote name='crzndeb']I got to thinking that RCI Radiance is repositioning this year, so I looked at it's itinerary

Sept 16 2011 Vancouver to Hawaii 11 day

Sept 27 2011 Honolulu to Sydney 17 day

All the more reason, that the Spirit does NOT need to leave form another US port (Los Angeles or San Francisco)

I think everything will stay as is for the Vancouver to Hawaii, and the itinerary should be out soon for Hawaii to Oz[/quote]

Due to one of the complications with the "Jones Act" , foreign flagged ships cannot transport passengers between US ports. (unless its a round trip visiting a distant foreign port)

(eg NCL,s PRIDE of AMERICA, and no other major ships, operate return cruises out of Honolulu.. POA is an American flagged ship with an American crew) Other NCL ships are foreign flagged, as are ships on most cruise lines.

That is why the "to Hawaii leg" of most repo's will generally start in Vancouver or Ensenada..

Hope that helps explain a little

Phil

Phil,

Oh yes, many of us are aware of the Passenger Vessel Servic Act (Jones Act is cargo)...it comes up quite often this time of the year in the states, when the ships go from Hawaii to Alaska runs....there have been several threads, that has affected passengers who were allowed to book B2B cuises that were in violation of the PVSA, my friends included.

The reason we were discussing this was because Debsta was given info from a not so informed Carnival employee, saying the Spirit had to leave from another US port, like Los Angeles or San Francisco, instead of Vancouver.

I was only giving an example of why that wasn't a true statement....

Debsta has agreed that the future cruise chick is clueless....LOL!

Received a call thirty minutes ago from a rep in "Guest Solutions," Carnival Cruise Line. She is telling me the 17-night Honolulu to Sydney "Trans Pacific Cruise" will be open for bookings on May 2nd. She also mentioned that May 2nd is the date Carnival AUSTRALIA will begin the bookings for the cruises departing from Sydney "once the Spirit arrives there." I questioned her enough to be able to relate that the September 30, 2012 Spirit sailing from Honolulu will NOT be offered by Carnival AUSTRALIA. Once again I'm planning to be up past midnight Eastern Daylight Time (15 hours behind Sydney) as Sunday the 1st becomes Monday the 2nd. As soon as I learn more, I'll post again. Maybe, just maybe, our time to book is close at hand!!!

Received a call thirty minutes ago from a rep in "Guest Solutions," Carnival Cruise Line. She is telling me the 17-night Honolulu to Sydney "Trans Pacific Cruise" will be open for bookings on May 2nd. She also mentioned that May 2nd is the date Carnival AUSTRALIA will begin the bookings for the cruises departing from Sydney "once the Spirit arrives there." I questioned her enough to be able to relate that the September 30, 2012 Spirit sailing from Honolulu will NOT be offered by Carnival AUSTRALIA. Once again I'm planning to be up past midnight Eastern Daylight Time (15 hours behind Sydney) as Sunday the 1st becomes Monday the 2nd. As soon as I learn more, I'll post again. Maybe, just maybe, our time to book is close at hand!!!

:D

Can hardly Wait

I don't know whether this is old news for some of you but this is from a report dated 27th April 2011

Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) Australia will focus on “bringing new people into cruise liners”, their newly appointed director Jennifer Vandekreeke told e-Travel Blackboard, describing Australia as a “perfect fit” for the company

“There’s a wonderful respect for quality in this market,” Ms Vandekreeke said.

“Quality with regards to dining ... quality with regards to service and accommodation; and that’s something that Carnival Cruises offers in spades.”

In January, it was announced that Carnival Spirit would be based full time in Australia from October 2012, with the cruise liner commencing 8 to 12 days cruises to the Pacific Islands and selected 13-day sailing to New Zealand.

Further announcements regarding itineraries for the confirmed cruises will be made on 4 May.

So there is now this entity AND Carnival Corp Australia.

I wonder who's in charge?

I think it may be good news for us downunder as the more qualities are kept from the present Carnival Spirit the better it will be.

Paul

I don't know whether this is old news for some of you but this is from a report dated 27th April 2011

Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) Australia will focus on “bringing new people into cruise liners”, their newly appointed director Jennifer Vandekreeke told e-Travel Blackboard, describing Australia as a “perfect fit” for the company

“There’s a wonderful respect for quality in this market,” Ms Vandekreeke said.

“Quality with regards to dining ... quality with regards to service and accommodation; and that’s something that Carnival Cruises offers in spades.”

In January, it was announced that Carnival Spirit would be based full time in Australia from October 2012, with the cruise liner commencing 8 to 12 days cruises to the Pacific Islands and selected 13-day sailing to New Zealand.

Further announcements regarding itineraries for the confirmed cruises will be made on 4 May.

So there is now this entity AND Carnival Corp Australia.

I wonder who's in charge?

I think it may be good news for us downunder as the more qualities are kept from the present Carnival Spirit the better it will be.

Paul

Don't know about "this entity," Paul, but I called to Carnival Australia tonight (7 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time is 15 hours behind Sydney), and the rep there "patched me through" to a travel agency; I understand I cannot use the name of this travel agency, but it is NOT the one you mentioned in your post. The rep at that agency told me the Honolulu to Sydney cruise would be available in two weeks, but that Carnival Australia is going to handle all the bookings for the Spirit once she arrives in Sydney; this dovetails with what the rep at Carnival Australia told me during my conversation both this time and last time, AND the same Carnival Australia rep has also told me twice those bookings will become available "on June 15th." Will post again if I learn more.

Yes they have. I booked with in the first few days of its opening. I booked it Feb. 26, 2011.

Hi Tracy

I'm confused. There's so much talk about the Hawaii-Sydney repo and no one has been able to book it yet. Who did you book it with?

Debsta,

I think Tracy meant Van-Hawaii....

Yup, bookings from Hawaii-Oz are finally open.

Waiting for my TA to get back to me....she was getting ready to head into office when I called her at home this morn. Luckily, she is also my friend, so she won't think I am completely bonkers.

Yes the day is finally here and prices are good on the carnival site-

I have rung our TA and he is away

But I have Lyn in the office sorting our booking,

Can't wait until she comes back to me to say That we are booked in the cabin and category we want.

And it is not going near Vanuatu or Noumea- Great news!!:D

Yes the day is finally here and prices are good on the carnival site-

I have rung our TA and he is away

But I have Lyn in the office sorting our booking,

Can't wait until she comes back to me to say That we are booked in the cabin and category we want.

And it is not going near Vanuatu or Noumea- Great news!!:D

Just arrived home from being away all day; it is evening here, and the BEST NEWS is that we're now booked B2B from Vancouver to Sydney!!

What a "long haul" this has been!!!

oysterfriend, I couldn't agree with you more how pleased we are that we will NOT be going to Vanatu or Noumea!!

DH and I are looking forward to FINALLY meeting all the friendly folks I have "met" on the Australia & New Zealand Cruisers thread of Cruise Critic: Thank you all so much for "taking me in" and giving me your suggestions and your support!

Just arrived home from being away all day; it is evening here, and the BEST NEWS is that we're now booked B2B from Vancouver to Sydney!!

What a "long haul" this has been!!!

oysterfriend, I couldn't agree with you more how pleased we are that we will NOT be going to Vanatu or Noumea!!

DH and I are looking forward to FINALLY meeting all the friendly folks I have "met" on the Australia & New Zealand Cruisers thread of Cruise Critic: Thank you all so much for "taking me in" and giving me your suggestions and your support!

Until you get to Suva :p I'd take Noumea over Suva any day :D

Now to decide what cabin to book :eek: Too many choices.....although I do like those inside with French doors to get some fresh air and......cheap and appealing

Until you get to Suva :p I'd take Noumea over Suva any day :D

Now to decide what cabin to book :eek: Too many choices.....although I do like those inside with French doors to get some fresh air and......cheap and appealing

On the Carnival threads posted here on CC, those "French door cabins" seem to be a big hit with everyone who's had one and posts! I've even read posts from folks who wish they would be available on the Carnival ships they want to sail on that don't have them!! Looking forward to meeting you!

My requests are in with Travel agent $1700 deposit- non refundable-

Must have deposit paid for them even to put in request-??????Said to be a SPECIAL

That doesn't sound fair.:mad:

However we did a cruise once where that happened and it was a long way out. The TA got us a Travel Insurance quote where we only paid a deposit on the Insurance, to cover Deposit Cancellation, (had to be for a good and legit reason), and then we paid the balance on the policy when we made final payment for the cruise.

That doesn't sound fair.:mad:

However we did a cruise once where that happened and it was a long way out. The TA got us a Travel Insurance quote where we only paid a deposit on the Insurance, to cover Deposit Cancellation, (had to be for a good and legit reason), and then we paid the balance on the policy when we made final payment for the cruise.

Good idea!! The deposit on the Honolulu to Sydney cruise is US $500. per person, and it is US $400. per person on the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise. We booked "Early Saver;" don't know if that is a familiar term to those who post here, but the bottom line is that if we cancel, we forfeit $50. per person per cruise ($200. total), and the $1600. balance can be applied to any Carnival cruise two years from the cancellation date: no refund. With Early Saver if the price is lowered for the category that one has booked, Carnival will issue an onboard credit; this can be done for reductions up to two days before sailing with no limit for how many reductions nor how much they are. Now that you mentioned it, I've made a note to look into travel insurance--thanks!

Archived