? about HAL's swimming pools

hsb5956

OK, now I'm confused. I know the Lido pool is always "fresh", no matter whether it's desalinated or just "land" water.

On the "S" and "R" class, they "spa" the water in the Sea View pool, by adding salt and minerals back in, don't they?

So, is that Sea View pool on the Vistas (like Oosterdam) "spa", or fresh?

OK, now I'm confused. I know the Lido pool is always "fresh", no matter whether it's desalinated or just "land" water.

On the "S" and "R" class, they "spa" the water in the Sea View pool, by adding salt and minerals back in, don't they?

So, is that Sea View pool on the Vistas (like Oosterdam) "spa", or fresh?

I have a far more important question regarding the pools. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water. ARE THEY HEATED???? :-)

The will be heated by ship's power in colder areas. In warmer areas, by the outside air temp and sun.

As we repo-ed from FLL to Seattle a few years ago, the pool temp became more of a factor as we moved up the California coast. Talked to the Chief Engineer one day, and the next day the temp was fine.

I have been on cruises where the pool water temperature has dropped drastically overnight. I was told that sometimes they drain the pools overnight and refill them. I was also told they also do this if they are expecting bad weather.

Thanks for all your answers on the swimming pools.

Why I asked me question about are pools seawater or fresh water is I have an allergic reaction to chlorine I get bad headaches if I swim in chlorinated water which usually is fresh water.

I love to swim and like cooling off in the ship pool if it is seawater / salt water untreated also love it when the pool gets some waves very invigorating.

Will be on Oosterdam 21 nights October 22 San Diego - Hawaii round trip the continue for another week the cruising on Oosterdam Pacific Coast of Mexico

Smooth Sailings To All

Archived