Beverage Package on a Transatlantic Cruise

jerseygirl3

We're wondering if it's possible to purchase the Beverage package for just the second week of a 14 day Transatlantic Cruise? Our first week is very port intensive, so I can't justify the cost, but I think we'd really make use the second week.

We were on Eclipse last month and had the Premium Alcohol Package and loved it, but that was just a 7 night cruise.

Yes, you can buy a package for just the second week of a two week westbound transatlantic cruise. What you cannot do is the reverse: You cannot buy just the first week of the eastbound transatlantic cruise where the sea days come first and the port days come at the end of the cruise.

We're wondering if it's possible to purchase the Beverage package for just the second week of a 14 day Transatlantic Cruise? Our first week is very port intensive, so I can't justify the cost, but I think we'd really make use the second week.

We were on Eclipse last month and had the Premium Alcohol Package and loved it, but that was just a 7 night cruise.

Yes, some on the Fall 2010 Equinox cruise did this. According to Celebrity's policy the packages can be purchased up until when there are two nights remaining on your cruise; once purchased it must be for all remaining nights of the cruise. For a west bound TA it definitely makes sense to consider purchasing the package for the crossing portion of the voyage.

This is from Celebrity's website:

"Can I purchase a beverage package for a portion of my cruise?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage."

Is it just me, or is this sentence contradictory?

''No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage."

I'm hoping to purchase our package onboard on the 2nd day. It's still unclear to me whether we will be charged for the 1st day also, even though I've read every single drinks package thread in the last month or so :confused:

You will be charged only for the remainder of the voyage from the time you buy it. Which means you cannot buy just day three, four, five on a ten day cruise.

If you buy on day three, you will be paying for days three, four, five, etc. all the way to the end, but they will not go back and retroactively charge you for days one and two.

Archived