How are the Tacos from Wipe Out Cafe?

saus

Can anyone describe the tacos from Wipe Out Cafe?

I have read that this quick-bite cafe has tacos, and some people enjoy them, but I can't seem to find any description, photo or video of the actual tacos.

Are they spiced ground-beef tacos? Crispy or soft? Pre-made or is there some sort of taco bar? What is included in the taco/bar? Is there hot sauce available?

I realize this question is a little too specific for some peoples' taste, but my family will be spending a fair amount of time by the flowriders and I'd like to have an idea of what each of the nearby food options are. I've got a pretty good handle on everything from the Wipe Out Cafe except for the tacos.

Most importantly, if you have tried the tacos, did you like them?

We're on the July 17 sailing. Thanks for volunteering to report back. I continue to be amazed by the civility (most of the time) and generosity of the people who frequent these boards.

Have great cruise!:)

Basic taco bar. Hard shells, ground beef, salsa, lettuce cheese. You make it yourself. I had one; I guess it was fine. If the tacos are not to your specific taste, there are many other food choices on the ship and even in the Wipe Out café.

M

They are your basic hard taco. I put lettuce (at the far end of the bar), diced tomato, shredded cheese, meat, and a sauce on mine. Oh, and in the line, you come to the ground meat a couple steps before the shells. Not sure why it is out of order:confused:? That is, unless, for the entire week the line was running in the wrong direction:D:rolleyes:!!!!!

Okay I will bite, this really is a challenge now to come up with the most bizarre question about food.:eek: But the anser to your question is they taste like cardboard.

Can anyone describe the tacos from Wipe Out Cafe?

I have read that this quick-bite cafe has tacos, and some people enjoy them, but I can't seem to find any description, photo or video of the actual tacos.

Are they spiced ground-beef tacos? Crispy or soft? Pre-made or is there some sort of taco bar? What is included in the taco/bar? Is there hot sauce available?

I realize this question is a little too specific for some peoples' taste, but my family will be spending a fair amount of time by the flowriders and I'd like to have an idea of what each of the nearby food options are. I've got a pretty good handle on everything from the Wipe Out Cafe except for the tacos.

Most importantly, if you have tried the tacos, did you like them?

It is a taco bar and there is also guacamole. I made like an appetizer platter of the fillings with the tortilla chips, seasoned meat, guacamole, sour cream and salsa. They also had small sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers and fries, along with soft serve yogurt. There were self serve drink machines with ice water, lemonade, ice tea, etc. (no charge drinks).

Wipe Out Cafe was my favorite place to go in the middle of the day. I had late seating for dinner; so I had to wait until 9pm to eat. Wipe out had taco bar; which I liked; pizza; which was ok; hot dogs; burgers, ice cream machine; and ice tea machine. Everyday Wipe Out Cafe offered a different menu; so it was nice to go there and try something different.

We're on the July 17 sailing. Thanks for volunteering to report back. I continue to be amazed by the civility (most of the time) and generosity of the people who frequent these boards.

Have great cruise!:)

we are on the same cruise also. Can't wait. Did you join the roll call

Maybe I got there when the food was fresh and hot; all the food I had was good. I am not saying someone didn't get good food. Everyone who eats there has opinions; and mine is I liked the tacos, burgers, pizza, etc.

Maybe I got there when the food was fresh and hot; all the food I had was good. I am not saying someone didn't get good food. Everyone who eats there has opinions; and mine is I liked the tacos, burgers, pizza, etc.

The food wasn't bad but just ok, I liked the Windjammer better. I've decided that I'm a picky eater so my opinion isn't always a good one, maybe "hated" was harsh...lol

Okay I will bite, this really is a challenge now to come up with the most bizarre question about food.:eek:

Seems like the only bizarre question is the one that isn't asked.........be kind to the original poster....you eventually answered the question but you could have left out the editorial as it wasn't constructive to the conversation as you seemed to belittle the original poster.

I, for one like taco bars and this question was relevant to me.....so thank you to the OP for asking it. Even if the information wasn't overly stellar, it was relevant to me.

I will be on the Allure 4/24 and will let you know my comments when I get back.

mrsrocster, thanks for the support. I don't think anyone takes ChipLondon seriously, least of all ChipLondon. I think he's just trying to keep things light.

Now if he or anyone else can just tell me the brand name of the hot sauce available with the tacos, I will be able to sleep in peace tonight.

mrsrocster, thanks for the support. I don't think anyone takes ChipLondon seriously, least of all ChipLondon. I think he's just trying to keep things light.

Now if he or anyone else can just tell me the brand name of the hot sauce available with the tacos, I will be able to sleep in peace tonight.

Please tell me the hot sauce question is a joke!

The hot sauce question was 99.9% joke. I actually slept fine last night, with no knowledge of whether my future tacos would be properly sauced and spiced.

I am disappointed to learn there's no hot sauce. However, I think if I started a thread on where I could find hot sauce on the Allure and in what variations, ChipLondon's head might explode.

I, for one like taco bars and this question was relevant to me.....so thank you to the OP for asking it. Even if the information wasn't overly stellar, it was relevant to me.

I second that comment.

I will be on the Allure 4/24 and will let you know my comments when I get back.

Just make sure you get off the ship quickly come the 1st of May ;)

The hot sauce question was 99.9% joke. I actually slept fine last night, with no knowledge of whether my future tacos would be properly sauced and spiced.

I am disappointed to learn there's no hot sauce. However, I think if I started a thread on where I could find hot sauce on the Allure and in what variations, ChipLondon's head might explode.

I am also sorry to hear there is no hot sauce! The hot sauce MAKES the taco for me! ;) I might have to bring along a travel-sized bottle of "Cholula" on my Allure cruise (I am also sailing on 4/24/11)! :D Think they will confiscate my hot sauce at embarkation? I have not read anything that specifically says you can't bring "Cholula" onboard! :confused: Will I need to transfer it to a rum-runner?

9k=

;) (okay, I am mostly kidding, but I DO love "Cholula" on just about everything!) And I also appreciate this thread because I didn't even know there WAS a taco bar on Oasis/Allure (and I have ALREADY sailed on Oasis!) I never even saw the "Wipe-out Cafe" the entire week I was on Oasis! I will make a point to look for it on Allure though! And I will have me one of those tacos! With OR without hot sauce! :D

I am also sorry to hear there is no hot sauce! The hot sauce MAKES the taco for me! ;) I might have to bring along a travel-sized bottle of "Cholula" on my Allure cruise (I am also sailing on 4/24/11)! :D Think they will confiscate my hot sauce at embarkation? I have not read anything that specifically says you can't bring "Cholula" onboard! :confused: Will I need to transfer it to a rum-runner?

;) (okay, I am mostly kidding, but I DO love "Cholula" on just about everything!) And I also appreciate this thread because I didn't even know there WAS a taco bar on Oasis/Allure (and I have ALREADY sailed on Oasis!) I never even saw the "Wipe-out Cafe" the entire week I was on Oasis! I will make a point to look for it on Allure though! And I will have me one of those tacos! With OR without hot sauce! :D

I might take a small bottle with me as well, its small enough that it could be taken in a carry on and get through air port security, unless they might consider it a potential weapon. (which are you most likely to hijack an airplane with a bottle of "liquid stupid" or nail clippers with the little file on them? I think I will just put it in my luggage and see if I can report back here that I was called to the naught room for a small bottle of hot sauce. Maybe I'll just get some "fire packets" from taco bell on my next few visits and stock up.

I would think if you ask the staff at wipe out cafe for hot sauce they can get it. Also, all the bars have hot sauce; and we all know there are a few bars on the ship.

It's a taco bar

Hard shells ground seasoned beef, cheese, veggies, not sure about hot sauce, but several people made taco salads too

Also the have hot dogs, burgers and good fries and soft serve yogurt in choc, vanilla, and strawberry.

Flavored water was great!

We too spent much of out cruise at the flow rider and this was where had lunch every day

The also had hotdogs wrapped in a croissant type roll...yummy

Enjoy your cruise. It is an amazing ship!

Archived