muster stations?

trish1c

DH & I . . . OK mostly me :o. . . are already dreaming about our next cruise -- Gem out of NYC next January.

My dad came on our last cruise which was his 1st & he liked it. He has expressed some interest in sailing again & would like to sail out of NYC.

If we book a balcony & put dad in an IV across the hall will we all use the same muster station? He'll be traveling solo & I worry about things like emergencies. I know him & he won't spend the $$ to get a balcony; he was actually very happy with his obstructed OV cabin last cruise. Are there any balconies that share a muster station with OV cabins? I don't think so.

Edited by trish1c

All the muster stations have people from various categories. So, yes, there is a chance that his would be the same.

Calling NCL might get you the information. However I doubt that the first person to answer has any idea. Often they have never even been on a cruise.

You may want to try an email directly to the ship. groupeventgem@ncl.com should get you to the group event co-ordinator. Maybe not really the one to answer the question but s/he can hopefully help you get the answer.

Charlie

If we book a balcony & put dad in an IV across the hall will we all use the same muster station? He'll be traveling solo & I worry about things like emergencies. I know him & he won't spend the $$ to get a balcony; he was actually very happy with his obstructed OV cabin last cruise. Are there any balconies that share a muster station with OV cabins? I don't think so.

My presumption is that muster stations are assigned by cabin location, rather than by class / cost. All the cabins on deck 9 port-side aft, for example, would presumaby share the same muster station, regardless of whether they're balcony or inside.

A little off topic but the muster drill on the Epic was a refreshing change over my previous cruises. Our muster station was in the Second City Lounge and you did not bring/wear the life jackets. Kinda nice since afterward you don't have to beeline back to the cabin to get rid of it.

Not sure if that is the industry trend but I like it.

I think muster stations are assigned due to the area on the ship your stateroom is, not what the category of your cabin is. So I'm pretty sure it's safe that you'll go to the same muster station.

Have fun!

• 4 years later...

They'd most likely be the same muster station. As many posters have said, it's based on your room location, so unless you just happen to be on some weird dividing line, you'd be at the same muster station.

If it's any consolation, 3 of my friends and I booked the Dawn last October. We had a balcony on Deck 11 and the interior room across the hall (saved us money, and we still had a balcony to use!). All 4 of us had the same muster station.

They'd most likely be the same muster station. As many posters have said, it's based on your room location, so unless you just happen to be on some weird dividing line, you'd be at the same muster station.

If it's any consolation, 3 of my friends and I booked the Dawn last October. We had a balcony on Deck 11 and the interior room across the hall (saved us money, and we still had a balcony to use!). All 4 of us had the same muster station.

Why are you responding to a question from four years ago? :)

A little off topic but the muster drill on the Epic was a refreshing change over my previous cruises. Our muster station was in the Second City Lounge and you did not bring/wear the life jackets. Kinda nice since afterward you don't have to beeline back to the cabin to get rid of it.

Not sure if that is the industry trend but I like it.

It might be the intustrial trend, because the jacket wasn't required at our drill on RCI last year.

It might be the intustrial trend, because the jacket wasn't required at our drill on RCI last year.

The post you quoted and responded to was written four years ago so not taking a life jacket to muster drill was new then.