What to do?

jobythebay

We have had balconies and didn't use them and recently an inside room and wished we had a balcony because we would have used it.

Now we are planning an 11-day Baltic Cruise on Emerald Princess. My friend said a definite yes to a balcony but we will never be in the room. I guess it must be very pretty but literally there are two at sea days then again we are back in the room early on some days.

We love having a balcony, even if we don't "plant" ourselves on it all the time! It's a great way to see what the weather is like, prior to dressing for the day. It's a great place to unwind before hitting the hay at night! It's a nice way for someone to get out of the way of the other cabin occupant while getting ready to go someplace!

I'd always choose a balcony, no matter what!

We love having a balcony, even if we don't "plant" ourselves on it all the time! It's a great way to see what the weather is like, prior to dressing for the day. It's a great place to unwind before hitting the hay at night! It's a nice way for someone to get out of the way of the other cabin occupant while getting ready to go someplace!

I'd always choose a balcony, no matter what!

Yes we are going with it. It is a money matter but life is too short! Eat chocolate first. :D

We always book a balcony (JS & above) and out of all the places we have sailed our Baltic N. Europe cruise view from it was the most amazing..the sail in/out of Stockholm was breathtaking including all our itinerary port views..By the way we had JS #1100 (corner aft) on RCI Jewel of the Seas:D

Good for you Jo! Life is too short and we need to enjoy it whenever we can!

I am about to go on only my 2nd cruise in my entire life, but IMO, on that long of a cruise, I think it would be nice to be able to stay in your room and get some air and sunshine without have to go up on deck somewhere.

Personally, we are down on deck 2 right now, ocean view. I am wanting to get to deck 6, right near the promanade. So I i am wrestling too.

I sell on Ebay and this is our cruise money. I look at how much more I need to sell to pay off the bill. We still have airfare and hotel too

If you can afford a balcony go for it. If I was you I rather have a balcony "just in case" then not have a balcony only to wish I had one. But then we always use our balconies whether we are in port or at sea. We are also big readers so it is nice to retreat to our balcony to read our books (Kindles now) when the pool is too crowded or too loud. And then when the sun has set and it is dark out we grab a glass of wine or order a pot of coffee and sit on our balcony, relaxing talking about the day we had while watching the stars trying to find the Big Dipper, etc.

Archived