Back to back cruise question.

slapsyru

Hi, my other half and I are looking to book two cruises this week. Both leading on from one another at the end of November. We have sailed a few times with celebrity but never back to back. I just wondered of anyone had and if you can tell me a few things. Do you keep the same cabin? Do you have to get off with everyone else while new people get on or can you stay on the ship? Can you book a drinks package right through or do you have to get 2 separate ones? And do you HAVE to do both life boat drills? Also I'm guessing the dinner menus will be the same for both cruises but if that's wrong please tell me.

Thanks.

Gemma

You can keep the same cabin if you book it that way.

You still have to do the life boat drills

Do a search as there are other threads on this that will give more info.

Do you keep the same cabin?

If you book the same cabin for B2B then Yes. When booking mention it to TA that you want the same cabin for both cruises.

Do you have to get off with everyone else while new people get on or can you stay on the ship?

You will need to leave the ship but not with the passengers from the first cruise. When all passengers leave the ship the group of B2B cruisers will meet at the location specified in the letter you will receive the night before. You will be taken outside to the Immigration section for about 30 minutes (with your passport only - all your stuff stays in your room - if it is the same room for the second leg of your trip). And then they will bring you back to the ship before the embarkation begins for the rest of the cruisers.

Can you book a drinks package right through or do you have to get 2 separate ones?

You can book drink packages/excursions/special dining for both legs of your cruise at the same time but they will have different reservation numbers because the second cruise is a separate cruise.

And do you HAVE to do both life boat drills?

Absolutely! Even if you book the cruise for the whole year - Muster Drill is a mandatory exercise for all passengers regardless of the number of times they've cruised.

Also I'm guessing the dinner menus will be the same for both cruises but if that's wrong please tell me.

If the length of both cruises is the same then - YES - menu will be pretty much the same

Hi, my other half and I are looking to book two cruises this week. Both leading on from one another at the end of November. We have sailed a few times with celebrity but never back to back. I just wondered of anyone had and if you can tell me a few things. Do you keep the same cabin? Do you have to get off with everyone else while new people get on or can you stay on the ship? Can you book a drinks package right through or do you have to get 2 separate ones? And do you HAVE to do both life boat drills? Also I'm guessing the dinner menus will be the same for both cruises but if that's wrong please tell me.

Thanks.

Gemma

You do not need to have the same cabin, but you can book the same cabin for both cruises if it is available.

You will meet as a group while the last groups are leaving. You will leave the ship briefly, get a new card, and get back on the ship before anyone else. You can get back on the ship once they have confirmed that everyone has departed. (At least that I was our recent experience)

You will need to buy a drink package for each cruise which is very easy to do.

Yes, you will be asked to attend both life boat drills.

Yes, the dining menus will be the same as will the major production shows. The smaller shows might be difference if people are changed between the cruises.

Have a great cruise.

The only comment I'd make in addition to the above is it depends..you might not have to get off and on. If you are in the US, you normally do the 'meet, get off, go through immigration' thing. However, most other places (esp. Europe), you will have your new seapass card left on your bed the night before...and thats it! You can get off and go and treat the day as a port day, or stay on the ship and have it to yourself (we've done both!). Best bit is the smug look you can have on your face when everyone asks when you are getting off and you tell them you are staying on for another cruise!

Simon

Fantastic. Thanks for all the information. I am very much loking forward to the smug feeling :) so many people i've seen or spoken to in the past either had already done a first leg of the cruise before i got on or were staying on after. the jealousy i felt was awful. I'll get to do that now. I am glad the change over process sounds so easy. They're both to and from Miami, one Caribbean and one to Mexico, so from what you've said i know what to expect a bit better.

Just got the awful slow dragging wait til November now.

And at least we'll get two formal bruch buffets and two bakes Alaska parades. I do love those still.

Thanks,

Gemma

Archived