Diamond Princess Mini suite E731

mittenscat

Has anyone stayed in this mini suite recently? I wondered about noise from the fusion club or engine noise/smells? I saw that several years ago people liked this cabin, but wonder if anyone can update information. I did like the idea of a covered larger balcony, but don't want noise etc because of its location at the very back of the ship.

Thanks

Has anyone stayed in this mini suite recently? I wondered about noise from the fusion club or engine noise/smells? I saw that several years ago people liked this cabin, but wonder if anyone can update information. I did like the idea of a covered larger balcony, but don't want noise etc because of its location at the very back of the ship.

Thanks

If it's still available, take it and mark it "NO UPGRADE." Had it on the Ruby and enjoyed it very much. No noise at all from Club Fusion. Enjoy! :)

Hi mittenscat,

We had the Vista Suite E730, right next door to the mini suite you are referring to. We found it an absolutely amazing balcony - no smells at all and we did not hear Club Fusion at all. Enjoyed it so much, whilst we were on board we booked it again, for this coming December - back to New Zealand on the Diamond, cant wait!!

Vicki.

I have been in E731 on both the Crown and the CB. DH and I loved this cabin. No noise from Club Fusion at all. Very low foot traffic. The covered extended balcony was great. We are booked in this cabin again on the CB for next October to Bermuda. I have to say it's one of my favorite cabins.

Hi mittenscat,

We had the Vista Suite E730, right next door to the mini suite you are referring to. We found it an absolutely amazing balcony - no smells at all and we did not hear Club Fusion at all. Enjoyed it so much, whilst we were on board we booked it again, for this coming December - back to New Zealand on the Diamond, cant wait!!

Vicki.

Thank you for your information...We are going on the Diamond for the New Zealand 14 day cruise on January 25 2013. Let me know what you think of this cruise in December. Are you also doing the land tour? I booked E731 yesterday. I started a roll call also, but it is a LONG way away, but I do like to plan in advance.

Thanks for posting this Mittenscat,

We have booked E731 on the Diamond for the May 26th, 2012 NB Alaska out of Vancouver. I was wondering the exact same thing about Club Fusion (noise from the club coming up through the deck).

I wasn't too worried about engine noise, as these ships are diesel electric and very quiet. The only engine noise is probably a little from the stern thrusters as the ship docks/undocks....won't last very long.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this Mittenscat,

We have booked E731 on the Diamond for the May 26th, 2012 NB Alaska out of Vancouver. I was wondering the exact same thing about Club Fusion (noise from the club coming up through the deck).

Marty

I had the cabin on the sister ship on Sapphire and had no problems.

Ironically - I had that cabin booked on that sailing and dropped it. I had expected prices to go down and they stayed really high! It looks like you were able to grab the cabin when I dropped it.

We just booked this one and E729. Will we be able to open the divider on the deck? Also is this cabin open no cover on deck?

quiltsnh,

If you have family/friends in the adjacent cabin, you can request that the partition be opened between the balconies, and they will usually accomodate this request.

The mini-suite balconies on Emerald deck are the few that are covered, that is why they are highly sought after!

Marty

Edited by CarnivalFan2

I had the cabin on the sister ship on Sapphire and had no problems.

Ironically - I had that cabin booked on that sailing and dropped it. I had expected prices to go down and they stayed really high! It looks like you were able to grab the cabin when I dropped it.

Coral,

That is ironic. I know we are VERY fortunate to have been able to snag that mini-suite, especially on the stbd side of the ship going NB.

I guess I should say thanks for dropping it! Also, we have our moms booked next door in E729, so we plan on asking to open up the balcony partition.

Marty (& Jeanne)

• 1 year later...

Thanks

We stayed in the Diamond Princess Minisuite E 731 in January 2013

and it was perfect for us. The Balcony was large and private. There was no noise from the club fusion below. Our friends who paid almost the same as us for a premium balcony liked our cabin much better. We have booked it again on our next cruise.

• 1 year later...