New room categories in '06?

grenouille

I was just looking up pricing for Westerdam/Zuiderdam cruises for Jan/Feb 2006, and there seems to be new suite categories, including (in order) SA, SB, SC, SS, SY, SZ....

And the verandah seems to go to VH now?

Of course, there isn't any info on the website yet, and the deck plans still list the old categories.

Thoughts? Are they simply breaking down the suites based on location?

Location, location, location.

SA, SB, SC = current S suites

SS, SY, SZ = current SS cabins

I wonder which they will call 'prime'. WE all have preferences as to which we consider prime. For us, the midship portside cabins are our favorites.

For other folks, the aft suites on the Vista ships are what they consider prime.

The only reason I can imagine they are starting to describe these cabins by location is in order to charge higher prices for whichever they think are the most in demand.

Looking at pricing for Noordam Inaugural (which is finally available on the HAL site)...

A whole $1000/pp difference in fare between SA and SC ($4963 vs $3963)

Geez, for that kind of price difference you'd think that there was an obstructed view or 1/5 less space in an SC - but of course without a deckplan...

Looking at pricing for Noordam Inaugural (which is finally available on the HAL site)...

A whole $1000/pp difference in fare between SA and SC ($4963 vs $3963)

Geez, for that kind of price difference you'd think that there was an obstructed view or 1/5 less space in an SC - but of course without a deckplan...

Brian:

Did you see what cabin numbers they are calling 'premium'? Or is their definition of best location still unknown?

I was wondering if there is also going to be a reclassification on the smaller ships eg: Zaandam, Volendam, Statendam, etc

I have been looking at fall cruises and do not see the Navigation deck A cabins available on any that I have checked -- are they going to be pushed up a category? Or is my research too limited

Archived