Cosol Tours

lovetocruise79

We've pretty much narrowed it down to Cosol Tours when we visit St Lucia this coming September but I have a question.......

As far as paying for the tour - do you pay when you reserve? I had seen a single post where it said that payment in cash is made at the end of the tour and didn't know if it was a typo (or I needed new reading glasses, lol!)

Our experience in January was that we paid at the end of the tour.

• 3 weeks later...
The water taxi ride was only about 5 minutes or so and we were at the beautiful beach nestled in between the Pitons. Tara rented some snorkel gear for $10 and snorkeled out in the beautiful crystal clear water.

img0774b.jpg

img0776k.jpg

img0777fa.jpg

img0778df.jpg

img0779hx.jpg

img0797rx.jpg

Hi, Nice review...really great pictures. Do you have to bring your own snorkeling gear? Oh never mind...I see you rented it.

Thanks.

Edited by aberthelot
added more

• 8 months later...
can a few of you give me ideas of how many are in a group? Some say van, some say bus. I've read that it could be as many as 40 people in a group on a bus. True? I'd really rather go in a smaller group if possible.

The website says this tour is 5 1/2-6 hours. Is that accurate b/c from what i read, i believe that it is not and it is more.

Only other concern i had was we really didnt want to spend an hour or more at a beach in st lucia, we just wanted to see the highlights. How much time is actually spent on the beach? Thanks.

I did this tour 2 years ago. We only spent a hour or so on the beach, most of the tour is sightseeing.. I am leaving for this same cruise intinerary in 3 days... And doing this tour again.. Its was sooo worth it.. If you try it you wont be disappointed :)

OK..just want to make sure, because I didn't see anyone mention it. On Cosol Tour, do you drive through the volcano, swim under a waterfall, swim in the mud baths and water taxi to a beach? Just making sure I have the right tour!!

Yep, except you have to choose between the mud bath and the volcano. There isn't time to do both even though they are essentially in the same place.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, except you have to choose between the mud bath and the volcano. There isn't time to do both even though they are essentially in the same place.

Did you have to decide this as a group, or is a personal choice which one you go to?

It's a personal choice. As I recall, they dropped off those that wanted to do the mud bath and then continued to the volcano. You don't need to choose until you're at the drop off area for the mud bath.

Edited by ericosmith

We had the tour driven by Baptiste last week. One of the best tours we have ever done. About 10 of us in his van although there was another van traveling with us (they had the rum punch!) $65 each plus tip. The tour was close to 7 hours but they know what they are doing and we were back with plenty of time to wander around the duty free stores at the pier before boarding.

• 3 weeks later...

We did Cosol's tour last week and really enjoyed it. It is a long tour; 7 hours. There isn't a straight stretch of road the entire trip. You will see hairpin turns that you wouldn't imagine. When we got on our van one woman said she gets car sick. She sat in the front and was fine.

Nobody in our van did the mud bath. From what I have heard, if you do, you throw away what ever you were wearing because the mud destroys your clothing.

The beach isn't the best, but there are many fish to see if you do the snorkeling. They rent gear for $10. You are only there for one hour.

The resort next to the beach is where Matt Damon renewed his wedding vows a few weeks ago. He rented the whole resort for a private party. Our driver, Fatman, said their tours couldn't use the beach when he was there.

• 2 weeks later...
Any recent experiences with Cosol? We are booked for 3 weeks time.... Very nervous about the motion sickness :(

Can't give you a recent review of Cosol's tour, can only say - nothing has changed on the roads...if you suffer from motion sickness, be prepared, try to sit in the front seat, etc. There are lots of stops all along the way down - and you can ask your driver to stop as often as needed on the way back. Take whatever meds or remedies you may need and be prepared. It's a great tour and the island is beautiful. Good luck.

Any recent experiences with Cosol? We are booked for 3 weeks time.... Very nervous about the motion sickness :(

I will let you know. Going next week and I get violently sick.

Sent from my freaking DROID

I will let you know. Going next week and I get violently sick.

Thanks! Hope you don't get sick :( have a great cruise & trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! Hope you don't get sick :( have a great cruise & trip!

Didn't get sick, but it was a miracle. Roads are crazy. Drivers are crazy. I took ginger pills all cruise and wore wrist bands. Never got sea sick but I do have the flu or something. The tour was great for the most part.

Didn't get sick, but it was a miracle. Roads are crazy. Drivers are crazy. I took ginger pills all cruise and wore wrist bands. Never got sea sick but I do have the flu or something. The tour was great for the most part.

Thanks for posting! Very glad you didn't get sick :) sorry to hear about the flu now, not fun.

Crazy roads n drivers huh. Experienced that in Dominican, almost died last time on way to hotel, our driver was insane. Hmm something "fun" to look forward to I guess! ;)

Thanks for posting! Very glad you didn't get sick :) sorry to hear about the flu now, not fun.

Crazy roads n drivers huh. Experienced that in Dominican, almost died last time on way to hotel, our driver was insane. Hmm something "fun" to look forward to I guess! ;)

Roads won't bother me. I experience crazy roads every day on my way to work. However here in WV, you Ohio drivers have the reputation of crazy drivers. lol :D

Edited by YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

Something that bothered me was one of the cakes they made for us was full of rum. I can't have any alcohol and there wasn't any warning that the food had alcohol in it. My mom took one bite and her eyes watered up and she said WOW that's a lot of rum. She took the hit for me, so I didn't eat any of it, but I would have been pretty upset.

Sent from my iPad

Great tour! Our driver (Sam) was knowledgeable, and a heck of a driver too!:D All the food I tried was great! The boat to the beach was an unexpected thrill. :) Felt safe the whole time. Can't say I didn't learn about St Lucia. Highly recommend using COSOL tours!

Hi! We are sailing in January 2014. How far ahead should be book a tour with Cosol (for a family of 3?) Also, has anyone done the private tour? If so, what was the price differential.

Thanks!

Koohiichan

We had the tour driven by Baptiste last week. One of the best tours we have ever done. About 10 of us in his van although there was another van traveling with us (they had the rum punch!) $65 each plus tip. The tour was close to 7 hours but they know what they are doing and we were back with plenty of time to wander around the duty free stores at the pier before boarding.

We used Cosol a couple years ago. One of the best tours (other than Mandoo on Grenada) we have ever done. We are doing another cruise in March, 2014 and I am going to book with Cosol again.