Naughty Room

jmeans23970

Okay I searched older posts, but wanted updated advice. If you do not lock your luggage, will you be called down to the naughty room, or will they just remove the contraband? Also has anyone ever been to said naughty room? What exactly is it?

On my February cruise on the Sensation, I was called to the naughty room for one of my bags (unfortunately, it was only over a 2-liter bottle of caffeine free Coke! :rolleyes:). My bag was locked, so they asked me to open it in front of them so they could go through it - not sure if they would have just opened it if it wasn't locked. The room itself was on a lower deck across from the medical room, and it just kind of looked like a storage room with two security guards in there.

All of my bags are ALWAYS locked (with or without contraband) - you only get called if they suspect contraband. Even then, they just ask you to unlock and hold said contraband until the last night of the cruise. I personally have never been there (that's DH's job) - he's the one that insists on smuggling................... all other locked bags that are not suspect get delivered to room without any issues...................good luck and have fun.

OKAY - sorry, just re-read your post. Yes, they still call you to the naughty room (or walk of shame, as we call it) even if your bag is not locked. DH says it's a room full of folks (drunks) just like you (us) that tried to smuggle. LOL! No big deal.

It is my understanding that it is Carnival's policy to call you to the "naughty room" to witness them opening your bag whether it is locked or not. They don't just open them without you like the airlines will. I can only imagine the sights they must see!

My sister had to go. My daughter had packed a pair of scissors that were too large...we are talking shears. I have no idea why she packed them. There were also 2 people there, one an older (70ish) woman, and both had handcuffs in their bags.:eek:

It is my understanding that it is Carnival's policy to call you to the "naughty room" to witness them opening your bag whether it is locked or not. They don't just open them without you like the airlines will. I can only imagine the sights they must see!

They will call you to Security to open your bag if it's locked. If it's not locked they will open it, confiscate whatever is confiscatable (is that a word??), insert a note and send the bag on to your cabin...

:)

My sister had to go. My daughter had packed a pair of scissors that were too large...we are talking shears. I have no idea why she packed them. There were also 2 people there, one an older (70ish) woman, and both had handcuffs in their bags.:eek:

Okay - come clean up my screen now.................LOLOLOLOLOL!

They will call you to Security to open your bag if it's locked. If it's not locked they will open it, confiscate whatever is confiscatable (is that a word??), insert a note and send the bag on to your cabin...

Thanks. I wondered if they'd really call no matter what. That's just what they told us when someone in my SIL's wedding party got called to the room. But, I have no idea if her bags were locked or not. She just asked why she had to be there, because they were getting ready to rehearse for the wedding. I'm kinda afraid to ask what was in the bag. They were throwing a quicky bachelorette party before the wedding.....So I can just imagine!

On my Elation cruise out of Mobile a few weeks ago, we had 4 bags all locked, with drinkable stuff that we shouldn't have had, and all our bags were out front our room by 4pm.....fingers crossed must work!!!! :)

Thanks. I wondered if they'd really call no matter what. That's just what they told us when someone in my SIL's wedding party got called to the room. But, I have no idea if her bags were locked or not. She just asked why she had to be there, because they were getting ready to rehearse for the wedding. I'm kinda afraid to ask what was in the bag. They were throwing a quicky bachelorette party before the wedding.....So I can just imagine!

You'd be amazed at some of the... ummmm... accessories that get confiscated!!!

:eek:

Our bags were unlocked on our Splendor Cruise last May and they took our contents and put a note saying it was searched. They also searched a bag that didn't have anything in it and still put the note saying it was searched.

Mach,

What if it just has zip ties on it? Will they call you down or will they just cut the zip ties and open?

All of my bags are ALWAYS locked (with or without contraband) - you only get called if they suspect contraband. Even then, they just ask you to unlock and hold said contraband until the last night of the cruise. I personally have never been there (that's DH's job) - he's the one that insists on smuggling................... all other locked bags that are not suspect get delivered to room without any issues...................good luck and have fun.

OKAY - sorry, just re-read your post. Yes, they still call you to the naughty room (or walk of shame, as we call it) even if your bag is not locked. DH says it's a room full of folks (drunks) just like you (us) that tried to smuggle. LOL! No big deal.

Yeah I don't want to do any walk of shame!

lmao, go grannies!

Uh oh, what's wrong with scissors? Do they take them and if so do they give them back?

I'm on a month long vacation to visit with family and I brought my sewing machine and supplies, including expensive shears and scissors. TODAY I decided to join my MIL and SIL on their cruise in 2 weeks and will fly home directly after. This of course means I need to bring everything I brought with me on the cruise including the sewing machine and scissors. It never even occurred to me that this may be a problem?!

Mach,

What if it just has zip ties on it? Will they call you down or will they just cut the zip ties and open?

I am not Mach but just got off of the Valor on Sunday.

They got me this time. (three bags) They all had zip ties. They cut two of them and put letter in bag. They thought the other one was locked because it had a lock on it but not locking anything. They put a note under the door to go to the security office on Deck Zero and open it for them. I had to go to the teen club on the last morning and pick it up.

Rick

Mach,

They will leave the zip ties in place, move the bag to security where you'll open it in front of them...

Supposedly if your bags are unlocked they will just remove anything that they find and leave a note that they have done this.

The alcohol (if sealed) as well as any alcohol you buy in ports will be available for you to pick up at a specified location the morning of debarkation.

They no longer deliver it to the cabins the night before.

I was once called to the naughty room because they suspected I had brought a weapon on board. It turns out it was a menorah my family had packed for Hanukkah, which we had specifically obtained permission from the ship to carry on weeks prior!

It was pretty funny. "Sir, would you mind telling us what this weapon is?"

"The candle holder?"

Our bags were unlocked on our Splendor Cruise last May and they took our contents and put a note saying it was searched. They also searched a bag that didn't have anything in it and still put the note saying it was searched.

A bag with nothing in it? Or no contraband?

I was once called to the naughty room because they suspected I had brought a weapon on board. It turns out it was a menorah my family had packed for Hanukkah, which we had specifically obtained permission from the ship to carry on weeks prior!

It was pretty funny. "Sir, would you mind telling us what this weapon is?"

"The candle holder?"

OMG! That is funny!

Archived