Key West port

GldnRm01

1) SOuthernmost point bouy- Granted this is not all that exciting but EVERYONE need s a picture by it.

2) Duval St- There is always something for anyone

3) Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie- ENOUGH SAID

Don't know if your kids would do anything water related, but there is snuba through Carnival and also there are a number of dive shops that would offer beginner's scuba if they were interested. You have katamarans, and there is always the beach at Fort Zachery park or Smathers beach. Smather's you may have to take a cab though.

We like to do the trolley tour especially if you have never been there before. Easy to book outside the cruise line and cheaper. That way you can see a little of everything, learn some history and still have time to shop a little!

We like to do the trolley tour especially if you have never been there before. Easy to book outside the cruise line and cheaper. That way you can see a little of everything, learn some history and still have time to shop a little!

Any idea on how to book this outside of the cruise line and how much it might run? I typically do months and hours upon hours of research before cruising but I just decided to join my MIL and SIL on their cruise in less than 2 weeks. They'll be at a wedding in Key West and I'll be on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely debark the ship early and do the Trolley Tour. (Get the one where you can do on/off all day, not the conch train.) That way you get to see the whole area and the drivers are very entertaining with great stories.

Ernest Hemingway's house with the polydactyl cats is cool also. Southernmost point is always very crowded unless you get there first thing in morning.

• 1 month later...

There's a food tasting tour. We absolutely LOVED it!

We visited:

1. a sea shack/bar and had some coconut shrimp and chicken on a stick.

2. Peppers of Key West, a hot sauce shop and

3. Kermitt's Key Lime Shoppe for some key lime pie covered in chocolate.

We had so much fun!

Archived