RC navigator of the seas vs. celebrity equinox

I'm hungry for your opinions. Celebrity has a 10-day southern caribbean leaving March 16 2011 and RC has a 9-day eastern same day. I'm trying to determine whether one ship is really that much better than the other (I've never sailed RC; have sailed the Celebrity Millenium.) Pros and cons as I see it:

RC: PROS: Much better price. activities seem unique (rock climbing wall, for etc). CONS: Ports of call aren't as strong and RC seems to nickle and dime for a lot (charges for Johnny rockets, Ben and Jerrys)

Celebrity: PROS: Better itinerary; five really outstanding ports with lots of time in each. Alcohol drink package a real plus. CONS: Cost. I can get a junior suite on RC for 2/3 the cost of an ocean view on Celebrity.

what do you think??????? Thank you !!

Normally I would say go with the longer cruise. But in this case..................

The Equinox is brand new, the Nav is almost 10 years old.

If you have kids with you, the Nav is a far superior choice.

If you are an active cruiser, the Nav is better, with the rock wall, ice skating, inline skating.

The Nav has prof. ice skating shows (Ice Capades at sea), the Eq has no rink.

The food will be better on the Eq.

The Nav will be more active with parades up and down the Promenade twice on the trip and better special events (70's disco night, 60's night, etc.) Eq will try to duplicate these but the Promenade is a better performance venue then the Grand Foyer on the Eq. or the Vista lounge.

These are my general thoughts, since I don't know you or your age or what you like to do...................

thanks. I'm 52, my wife 47, and very active. Things to do are important us .... very good info,

Just because there isn't ice skating and rock climbing on X doesn't mean there aren't activities....actually you may find more daytime activities aimed at that age group on X than on Royal. I found X to be a bit more of a sophisticated crowd and food overall much better than Royal....at least when comparing the MDR's. Wine and service is superior on X also...... Equinox is a brand new ship with much more apeal IMO than Navigator (unless you have young kids coming along). Lots of great wine also on X....Royal lacks in that dept.

Bottom line....if you were talking Oasis or Allure....I would say Royal....but in this case I still have to lean towards Equinox.

I just toured the Solstice last weekend (sister to the equinox). I would choose the Celebrity ship in a heartbeat! There is still plenty to do on Celebrity, food was amazing, and everything was new and looked fun!

I will be going on the Navigator this coming Thursday though. So I have nothing bad to say about either line/ship.

I am sure either will be great. I have not cruised the Celebrity ship. I did cruise on Navigator last year for 13 GREAT nights. I was worried that the ship would be old and worn, but that was not the case. True, there were a few worn places on the carpeti in the halls. Other than that, it was beautiful and the crew was outstanding. I doubt you can go wrong.

Having sailed on both the Navigator and the Equinox, I can say you'll have a great time no matter which one you choose.

Personally, having sailed on the same 10 day Ultimate Caribbean itinerary aboard the Equinox last March, I would choose Celebrity both for the itinerary and for the food. It was a beautiful ship, and the service was terrific as well. (I would love to take this cruise again, but it's too hard to get away for that long and leave our toddler behind. He's too active for our parents to handle for that long :) )

Again, seeing as both are great choices, you won't go wrong either way.

Archived