2 Bdr Family Suite vs 2 Balcony Rooms?

dasey

Currently, we are booked 2 balcony rooms for myself, DH, SIL and Niece (34) for the Star in May. Sailing in less than 3 weeks, there are 7 - 2 bdr family suites available, should we consider an upgrade to the suite?

Would the 2nd bedroom be comfortable for an adult (SIL)? Would the sofa sleeper be comfortable for an adult (Niece)?

The main reason for considering this is the "snorer" will have the 2nd bedroom creating peaceful sleep to the sofa sleeper where in the balcony they would not have this option..

Suite perks come in a close second...

We all get along great and so we are not worried about spending time in the same cabin..

Any thoughts or suggestions to help us decide..

Currently, we are booked 2 balcony rooms for myself, DH, SIL and Niece (34) for the Star in May. Sailing in less than 3 weeks, there are 7 - 2 bdr family suites available, should we consider an upgrade to the suite?

Would the 2nd bedroom be comfortable for an adult (SIL)? Would the sofa sleeper be comfortable for an adult (Niece)?

The main reason for considering this is the "snorer" will have the 2nd bedroom creating peaceful sleep to the sofa sleeper where in the balcony they would not have this option..

Suite perks come in a close second...

We all get along great and so we are not worried about spending time in the same cabin..

Any thoughts or suggestions to help us decide..

Unless you can get an upsell it will be expensive to cancel the balconies and rebook the suite since you are after final payment with only three weeks until you sail. They will charge cancellation fees to cancel the balconies. You will also lose any OBC you have unless the promotion is still current.

If you booked direct with NCL your PCC may be able to contact the reaccomodation desk to see about an upsell. The beauty of an upsell is you do not lose your OBC or pay any cancellation fees and you also get a nice break on the price for the upsell. You may also get a call from the reaccomodation desk one to two weeks before your cruise offering you an upsell. If you booked with a TA, they will get the call or email and hopefully will contact you with the offer. (The reaccom. desk used to accept phone calls but after one CC member kept insisting everyone call for an upsell they are now back to "don't call us, we'll call you" but some PCC's have a good relationship with them and they still take calls from them.)

Regardless of who you are booked thru, if they haven't already, ask them to "link" your two cabins. This may put you in a better position for an upsell call. I would call your PCC and see what they can do for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck!!!:)

Unless you can get an upsell it will be expensive to cancel the balconies and rebook the suite since you are after final payment with only three weeks until you sail. They will charge cancellation fees to cancel the balconies. You will also lose any OBC you have unless the promotion is still current.

I've upgraded my cabin before cruising, both through a PCC and an online travel agent, and have never had to pay any kind of cancellation fee. Since they OP is not cancelling the reservation, I don't think a penalty will be charged. Both times, they let me keep my OBC as well.

I've upgraded my cabin before cruising, both through a PCC and an online travel agent, and have never had to pay any kind of cancellation fee. Since they OP is not cancelling the reservation, I don't think a penalty will be charged. Both times, they let me keep my OBC as well.

Were the changes made after final payment and the OBC promo was over?

Two questions about the 2 bedroom family suite. Is there a door between the living room and the main bedroom? Is there a charge to use the Lavazza coffee maker, similar to using the items in the mini-bar? We are dreaming about booking the Gem or Jewel next year and if we do we're hoping to book this suite:).

Yes, there is a full door that can be locked in between the master bedroom and the living room. The second bedroom also has a door--actually two doors--one to the entrance hall (that can be locked) and another from the entrance hall into the living room. Therefore there is a lot of privacy for all.

There is no charge for the coffee machine. The butler brings in fresh beans each day, and will also stock your fridge with cream or milk. He will teach you how to use the machine so that you can make the coffee just the way you want it.

Yes, there is a full door that can be locked in between the master bedroom and the living room. The second bedroom also has a door--actually two doors--one to the entrance hall (that can be locked) and another from the entrance hall into the living room. Therefore there is a lot of privacy for all.

There is no charge for the coffee machine. The butler brings in fresh beans each day, and will also stock your fridge with cream or milk. He will teach you how to use the machine so that you can make the coffee just the way you want it.

Thanks! DW was excited about this possibility before, she'll be estatic now:D.

Well the word from my PCC is that we would have to pay a penalty charge for one of the rooms if we upgraded. The difference with the penalty is more than I wanted to pay so we will keep what we have.

Maybe the Upgrade Fairy will call... our rooms are linked so just maybe....

Our PCC said she will keep checking and call us if something changes...

Well the word from my PCC is that we would have to pay a penalty charge for one of the rooms if we upgraded. The difference with the penalty is more than I wanted to pay so we will keep what we have.

Maybe the Upgrade Fairy will call... our rooms are linked so just maybe....

Our PCC said she will keep checking and call us if something changes...

Maybe you will still luck out with an upsell but either way you'll still be on a cruise. Before final payment, no fees would have been involved since you wouldn't be in the "cancellation" phase.

Upsell Fairy Please read this Thread and offer a nice upsell!:)

Were the changes made after final payment and the OBC promo was over?

Yes, in both cases they were 2-3 weeks before the actual cruise, well after final payment. Maybe I've just been really lucky with my travel agent.

Archived