Carnival sues BP, Transocean, and Halliburton

GregD

Makes perfect sense to me when they had Galveston, Mobile, New Orleans and Tampa as gulf ports. Also it was in people's minds that all of FL was affected or going to be affected so include Jax, Pt Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami. Then there is Key West, Nassau, HMC, Freeport, Grand Turk.

Does it make more sense now?

Someone should make them pay, because they are trying to weasel out of paying their fines by hiding the amount they spilled. Meanwhile getting records profits and paying CEO exorbitant amount of money.

Makes perfect sense to me when they had Galveston, Mobile, New Orleans and Tampa as gulf ports. Also it was in people's minds that all of FL was affected or going to be affected so include Jax, Pt Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami. Then there is Key West, Nassau, HMC, Freeport, Grand Turk.

Does it make more sense now?

Someone should make them pay, because they are trying to weasel out of paying their fines by hiding the amount they spilled. Meanwhile getting records profits and paying CEO exorbitant amount of money.

I'm not worried about my BP holdings taking a hit over this, that's for sure.:)

I don't find it frivolous at all especially when facts have come to light about how all of it could have been avoided. There were repairs that needed to be done that were directly related to the explosion, also an argument about how it should have been rectified took place between the BP acting manager and the Transoceanic acting manager about using mud to keep the leak clogged while it was being fixed. BP did not want to do it because it would take too long and you guessed it cost too much. BP won the shoving match, and people lost their lives, loved ones, livelihood, and the gulf and it's people and wildlife will suffer for generations to come. I hope as many businesses as possible go after them.

Carnival being a multimillion dollar corporation will have the resources to fight them in court unlike most of the failed businesses. I am sick of these oil companies cutting corners to save a few measly dollars when they own the world, and then making us pay for their greed and unsafe business practices.

Go get em Carnival!

I don't find it frivolous at all especially when facts have come to light about how all of it could have been avoided. There were repairs that needed to be done that were directly related to the explosion, also an argument about how it should have been rectified took place between the BP acting manager and the Transoceanic acting manager about using mud to keep the leak clogged while it was being fixed. BP did not want to do it because it would take too long and you guessed it cost too much. BP won the shoving match, and people lost their lives, loved ones, livelihood, and the gulf and it's people and wildlife will suffer for generations to come. I hope as many businesses as possible go after them.

Carnival being a multimillion dollar corporation will have the resources to fight them in court unlike most of the failed businesses. I am sick of these oil companies cutting corners to save a few measly dollars when they own the world, and then making us pay for their greed and unsafe business practices.

Go get em Carnival!

Yada yada yad, yes lets rehash the past. When it comes down to it, this will either get tossed out of court of BP will settle and give them 15 million or something. BP has revenue of 820 million dollars A DAY! It's peanuts, who cares.

Thank you Carnival. BP, Halliburton and all those involve deserve to be taken to the cleaner's for their blatant disregard for safety. Not that I have much hope that they will actually be found guilty in any significant way.

ABSOLUTELY! I live on the gulf coast, and although here in Panama City there was not any oil, the PERCEPTION from the media took it's toll. We own a restaurant on the beach, and the media really overdid it, and put the fear in everybody...

Archived