Passport for mexico

lprime60

No he does not need one on a closed loop (to/from same US Port) cruise if he is a US citizen. Drivers License (if 16 or older) and a certified birth certificate (from your state dept of vital statistics) are all that is required. Some will recommend that he needs one. However, the chance of needing a passport on closed loop cruise is extremely small and if by some slim chance one is needed, there are ways to get expedited emergency passports and you will not be left stranded in a foreign country. We have been to Mexico 3x on closed loop cruises with our BC and DL. I have never even worried about needing a passport for the few hours we spent there.

No you don't need one. But if you can afford one I would have one just in case

Plus once you have one you never know when there will be a cheap cruise some where else where you may need one and you will have it all ready.

I read about the proposed bill re: passports that if passed, would require you to list every place you have lived in your lifetime.

This is only one of the requirements they are proposing.

I say get one now, before all the insanity starts.

Pat

I read about the proposed bill re: passports that if passed, would require you to list every place you have lived in your lifetime.

Pat

And what does this have to do with closed-loop cruises?

Pat

Amen to that! Just sent off for my renewal. Was not aware of the proposed bill. Good to know.

Pat

I am pretty certain what you read about applies only to those people who do not have a birth certificate as proof of citizenship and must provide secondary proof of citizenship. Proposed form DS-5513

Archived