Mattress Problem on Journey

fla742

In a prior thread Bill Leiber stated that the problem with the Mattress on Journey would be resolved then she arrived in Rome.

Does anybody know if this actually happened?

We were on the April TA from Miami to Rome on the Journey and did not have a problem with our mattress. However, the good wine that was poured might have had something to do with our happy dreams.:D

We were on the Journey last summer and had absolutely no issues with our bedding.

I am sure there are problems with some old mattresses, that could happen on any ship. Mattresses are almost as subjunctive as the cuisine.

If you are not pleased with your bedding just let your steward know and he, or she, will do everything they can to make you more comfortable. If you have the wonderful Rosalie, you will only have to ask once.

Hi there,

Just off Journey yeasterday:( and we certainly had no mattress issues. After reading about it on CC I was concerned as I took the comment regardding the new mattresses being installed that April would see the start of a proram to change them over. The metal base fitted the mattress and I lifted the sheets and the mattress has two removable thin pads/layers on top all looked very new. Also met people from all over the ship and no mention of any issues. I would describe them as medium to firm. If I have a really firm mattress I get a sore back but no issues. They now need to start on some of the bedding - we had two finger sized holes in our top sheet and the blue cover on the end of the bed was faded and had seen better days.

As someone who HAS experienced a gruesome mattress on Journey, some clarification. As far as I understand it, there has been an issue on SOME mattress sets on the Journey (the Quest was a later launch and doesn't suffer this problem).

There is not going to be a wholesale replacement of every mattress set on board, only those misaligned sets known to be causing problems. The replacement was supposed to begin rolling out this spring. My feeling is that the sets will be replaced as and when they are reported as being an issue by a passenger. I can't see any other way of Az knowing which are faulty and which are not, unless they have a spreadsheet with affected cabins, and if so, then they should have acted on this earlier than knowingly allow these horrible sets to remain and cause trouble. This subject has been rolling around on these boards for quite a few months.

We have cruised three times on Journey, the first two absolutely no issues at all. I doubted some of the descriptions on CC until I experienced the discomfort on our third trip. I will be very happy to know the mattresses will eventually go and normal service will be resumed........:)

Our mattress was truly a backbreaking experience last summer. We had a foam piece added which helped a little. I expect better from either a cruise ship or a hotel when I travel.

I agree with Maddie (hey Maddie!) - we were on the Journey at the same time and the bedding was very comfortable. Holes in sheets in our room too, though!

I've been keeping an eye out for pink lime cordial in Tescos Maddie... no luck yet... ;)

Hello fla 742, Ikelmay and others,

I’m pleased to report that on Sunday, May 8, 2011, during its turn-around in Civitavecchia (Rome) the mattresses and frames were delivered to and in use on the Azamara Journey. I’m confident that you can eliminate this concern when you decide to vacation with us again.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I’m pleased to report that on Sunday, May 8, 2011, during its turn-around in Civitavecchia (Rome) the mattresses and frames were delivered to and in use on the Azamara Journey. I’m confident that you can eliminate this concern when you decide to vacation with us again.
Excellent news Bill!

We were on the Journey from May 8 to May 15 and the mattresses were great! No problems for us whatsoever :D

We started with a terrible mattress on Journey for the TA to Rome, but it was made adequate by two foam pads. Glad to hear everything is fixed now.

Azamara Journey...great service and wonderful ambience everywhere, fabulous food (in the main dining room but not so great in specialty restaurants). There was terrible vibration and noise in our cat. VX wake view stateroom in the open ocean, but this was one of our best cruise experiences.

We will return.

Archived