Has anyone ever purchase the detox program from the fitness center or spa?

Just wondering ... I did the detox test onboard and, of course, they wanted to sell me the detox program. I just don't have the $$$ to spend on that right now. I did want to know if any one has tried it and what you thought. What's the name of it?

I tried the Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction Treatment last August on Grandeur when they were running a special during the last day. It was suppose to help getting rid of fluid retention and the appearance of cellulite. I was told it promotes inch lost in just one session but I didn't really notice a difference. I thought I was a sucker for paying for it. Maybe you have to keep up with all the gels/cream to see results but I wasn't about to spend $500 on a 2 months supply.

Just wondering ... I did the detox test onboard and, of course, they wanted to sell me the detox program. I just don't have the $$$ to spend on that right now. I did want to know if any one has tried it and what you thought. What's the name of it?

I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but a friend of mine bought $500 worth of pills at the spa that she was instructed to take over a 3 month period to detoxify her and lose weight. At the end of the 3 months she didn't look any different.

She is a gullible person who can be talked into anything.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but a friend of mine bought $500 worth of pills at the spa that she was instructed to take over a 3 month period to detoxify her and lose weight. At the end of the 3 months she didn't look any different.

Your post piqued my interest only because a fellow cruiser sailing with us on FOS said the program was a "big waste of money". My suggestion: Dont waste your money.

Yeah, that's it. Three months supply was slightly over $300. Kinda glad I didn't get caught up in the moment and purchase it.

Yeah, that's it. Three months supply was slightly over $300. Kinda glad I didn't get caught up in the moment and purchase it.

Well, my friend came back from the spa with $500 worth of products. She must have gotten talked into buying something else in addition to the 3 month supply of pills.

By the way she said the pills tasted awful and left a bad after taste. And like I said, she looked the same after 3 months.

I tried it years ago and lost a total of 8 inches during the first session, but they measured me in so many places that it was only an inch or 2 at most from any one spot. It was only water weight which I tend to hold onto during a cruise from taking in a larger amount of salt in my foods than I'm used to. Taking the stuff at home over the next few months didn't give me any additional results.

So yes, it was a waste of money. And the earlier in the cruise you do it the more they hook you in, I met someone on a cruise once who went for 3 of the sessions while on the cruise for like $150 a pop, plus purchased the stuff for at home.

• 5 years later...

Great response. Exercise, eating healthy, can do wonders. No need for nonsense. I lost 58 lbs in 1 year by gradually increasing walking to running, religiously following myfitnesspal app and my fitbit, and watching calories. No pills. No algae.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Great response. Exercise, eating healthy, can do wonders. No need for nonsense. I lost 58 lbs in 1 year by gradually increasing walking to running, religiously following myfitnesspal app and my fitbit, and watching calories. No pills. No algae.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

That's really awesome... good for you!! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Well, my friend came back from the spa with $500 worth of products. She must have gotten talked into buying something else in addition to the 3 month supply of pills.

By the way she said the pills tasted awful and left a bad after taste. And like I said, she looked the same after 3 months.

She needed to buy the optional "shrunken head, inscents, and candles" to make it work......