Cabin Location near the stairs

bravestwj

I have booked an inside cabin that is adjacent to the forward staircase. I'm a little concerned about that location and if there will be any excessive noise due to this location. Do you have any experience with a cabin near the stairs? My TA didn't give a choice of cabin, she just booked me in one. It's a free cruise voucher so I'm not getting a lot of customer service from them.

I have booked an inside cabin that is adjacent to the forward staircase. I'm a little concerned about that location and if there will be any excessive noise due to this location. Do you have any experience with a cabin near the stairs? My TA didn't give a choice of cabin, she just booked me in one. It's a free cruise voucher so I'm not getting a lot of customer service from them.

Last time we were right next to stairs and before across from stairs ... no discernible noise at all ... but you can buy a "white sound noisemaker" from Brookstone if you are really worried...works beautifully ... we never knew we were in an inside cabin until we woke up and didn't se the sea :(:)

can you provide the cabin number? It will help folks see where it is and how it's situated. I don't like being across from stairwells because people in general don't think about the noise affecting the cabins as they walk the stairs, talk, sing, laugh, etc. Around the corner isn't nearly as bad.

can you provide the cabin number?

I don't want to post my exact cabin number for personal security reasons, but it in a similar position to Cabin# 9055 on the NCL Spirit.

Thanks!

I don't want to post my exact cabin number for personal security reasons, but it in a similar position to Cabin# 9055 on the NCL Spirit.

Thanks!

I would try to move, just because I'm paranoid about how thick/thin that wall is between you and the stairwell. If you get teens running up and down the stairs, late night drinkers clomping up and down, if that's really an adjacent wall I would be afraid of noise.

I'm sure others will chime in with how they never heard a peep from a room like that, and how those walls are concrete blocks or something, but given no real experience that would be my worry. I'm sure that's why you asked the question. You won't get any significant noise from the doorway sitting there.

Last time we were right next to stairs and before across from stairs ... no discernible noise at all ... but you can buy a "white sound noisemaker" from Brookstone if you are really worried...works beautifully ... we never knew we were in an inside cabin until we woke up and didn't se the sea :(:)

what is a "white sound maker"?

Bravestwj,

I always book a cabin right outside the stairway and elevators. I never have had a problem with noise. You will wind up loving this location, it is sooo! convenient

I agree 100%. Have always booked near the stairs & elevators and never heard any noise. Of course I don't cruise during spring break.:)

We have also booked right by stairs/elevator and never have been bothered by noise/sounds. I'am not a heavy sleeper so if something was outrageously loud:eek: I then would probably wake, but so far--all has been good!

Likewise--never cruised when excess of teenagers/children on board.

free cruise voucher or not you should be getting good customer service. As for your question: normally being near the stairs or elevator is a plus, not a minus. YOu whould get almost no noise.

NIta

We have also booked right by stairs/elevator and never have been bothered by noise/sounds. I'am not a heavy sleeper so if something was outrageously loud:eek: I then would probably wake, but so far--all has been good!

Likewise--never cruised when excess of teenagers/children on board.

I, too, always try to book near the elevator/stairs (and we go in the summer when lots of kids are on board). It is a great location. Unfortunately on our next cruise we are not close enough to the stairs!!

Archived