Prinsendam: Bathroom SCALE in SS stateroom?

DrFUN

We'll be in an SS on the P-dam for a long-ish sailing, and we're determined not to gain weight (this time). :rolleyes:

So--does anyone know if there's a bathroom scale in this type of stateroom/suite?

I realize there's probably one in the gym, but most mornings we'll really be pressed to get to our early excursions....

THANKS!

Oh my heavens - a scale:confused: to rub it in:eek: are you serious???:confused:

kidding aside, I know you are serious - no there are no scales - I never saw one in our SA so I am quite sure there wouldn't be one in SS. (unless it was there and I chose to ignore it)

I think you will have to go to the fitness area for this. Myself, I can tell when I have put on a pound - I don't need a scale.

I use the stairs, walk, work out and walk a lot in the ports. It's the days at sea that I have to really focus.:rolleyes:

Have a great cruise:)

Thanks, Kazu!

I've appreciated your excellent advice in that past, too. :)

Just GOTTA make sure the few things I bring will fit by the end of the 24 days (plus 2 pre-cruise and 3 post-cruise) -- and already am trying to LOSE what I've gained on recent sailings -- so I figure if I just don't GAIN, it's like LOSING. ;)

I'll probably just pick on up pre-cruise in FLL and carry it on. Did that in Holland prior to a 26-day river cruise -- and it worked like a gem (although some argue that weighing on the sea isn't accurate).

Can't wait for our first P-dam sailing in less than a week!!

Appreciatively,

Mary-Lou

We used to stay in a nice suite on "X" ships years ago and they always had a scale. I appreciated that. In those years, I was really careful about my weight and I liked I could maintain my habit of weighing every morning. I've wished HAL had scales in cabins for years.

But, no.... no scales in HAL cabins that I've ever seen.

Thanks, Kazu!

I've appreciated your excellent advice in that past, too. :)

Just GOTTA make sure the few things I bring will fit by the end of the 24 days (plus 2 pre-cruise and 3 post-cruise) -- and already am trying to LOSE what I've gained on recent sailings -- so I figure if I just don't GAIN, it's like LOSING. ;)

I'll probably just pick on up pre-cruise in FLL and carry it on. Did that in Holland prior to a 26-day river cruise -- and it worked like a gem (although some argue that weighing on the sea isn't accurate).

Can't wait for our first P-dam sailing in less than a week!!

Appreciatively,

Mary-Lou

You are more than welcome. hope you will share your P-dam experience - we will be newbies on her too, so I look forward to all info.

I am sure you will fit into your clothes just fine. :D have a great cruise:)

IMHO, the only reason for a scale on a cruise ship, is to weigh the luggage for the last night, so that you can distribute the items to reduce the airline overweight charges.:D

We actually have one of those (with a hook from which you "hang" the bag) -- so maybe if my husband has his Wheaties he'll be strong enough to hang me (the OLD bag).... ;)

A scale in our cabin! This has never happened and if we saw a scale we would ask the steward to "take it away!"

Hank

Hi, Hank! If you get one, don't call the steward, call ME to take it. :D

See you next week,

Mary-Lou

there are no scales in any cabin on any hal ship -- not even in the penthouse

dh loves weighing himself in the gym on sea days -- his weight can flucuate about 100 pounds when it is really rough

He needs to bear down.

Archived