john heald blog

What's your point? He's still working, he's not on vacation even though his family is with him, and his Facebook posts certainly seem to be part of his job as Brand Ambassador or whatever. When I was on R&R from Afghanistan I still posted stuff to Facebook and answered emails from my office.

i take it you missed all his fans trying to tell him to stay off facebook while his family was there.

what else did you miss?

What's amazing is that some people, very few but some, can have so much hate for someone who is not just a good person but extraordinarily helpful and generous. To add to that, not a single one of those who are so negative about him have sailed with him.

I certainly can understand those who say 'Yeah, I can take him or leave him.' or 'Yeah, we sailed with him but cruise directors do nothing for my cruise'... fine, but the outright venom spewed at him for no reason what so ever is stunning and tells a remarkable story about those who write those words...

Sorry but I think you are going over the top with these comments.Yes there are trolls who just want to get a reaction

and yes the person who made the original comment was being mean and thoughtless.All true.

Seriously though, using these terms to defend John (who doesn't need defending) is extreme.

BTW these "haters" look at Heald as a symbol of a HUGE corporation, not as a actual person. He is of course, but they are venting.

Sounds like I am defending rude and nasty internet comments. I am not. Just saying, perhaps you (and John) are overreacting.

In spite of these comments,always appreciate your vast knowledge and help Host Mach.Thanx!

I do not like that John/Carnival publishes so many letters giving CC a bad name but criticizing wife and child is way out of bounds.

Hate to say this but, CC gave itself a bad name by abusing Carnivals rules years ago.

Some CC members act like they own the ship when they board.

Hate to say this but, CC gave itself a bad name by abusing Carnivals rules years ago.

Some CC members act like they own the ship when they board.

Some CC members act like they own the ship when they board . . . which makes them no different than the general cruising population.

Some CC members act like they own the ship when they board . . . which makes them no different than the general cruising population.

N:rolleyes: , there is a notable difference than the general cruising population .

... John doesn't make any effort to make Cruise Critic look like a site full of kooks.

LOL...I am pretty sure no effort on anyone's part is necessary. Members do a great job all by themselves. ;)

Doubtful and you have no idea on a cruise who's a cruise critic user and who is not.

Doubtful to you !

Obviously you have no idea what I know about this site!

This group of CC cruisers well advertised who they were .

Some even use their personal pictures as avatars on this site.

But I'm through playing your quiz game ,have at it .:rolleyes:

Doubtful to you !

huh?:confused:

Doubtful to you !

huh?:confused:
LMAO...

:confused:HUH? is exactly what I said when I read that as well.

He seems to believe cruise critic users are somehow more obnoxious than general cruise population. I would say CC users are better informed and know what to expect. But being rude and self entitled has little to do with using CC. The population here that is obnoxious may identify themselves as being a user of this site and draw negative attention to this site as opposed to Hank and Cruisemom on the Med boards who help everyone out and probably don't identify themselves on board as CC users. The premise that this site had a dispropotionate amount of rude passengers is foolish.

He seems to believe cruise critic users are somehow more obnoxious than general cruise population. I would say CC users are better informed and know what to expect. But being rude and self entitled has little to do with using CC. The population here that is obnoxious may identify themselves as being a user of this site and draw negative attention to this site as opposed to Hank and Cruisemom on the Med boards who help everyone out and probably don't identify themselves on board as CC users. The premise that this site had a dispropotionate amount of rude passengers is foolish.

i would think cruise critic users know more about the aspect of cruising from a passenger pov than a cd pov.

He seems to believe cruise critic users are somehow more obnoxious than general cruise population. I would say CC users are better informed and know what to expect.

If nothing else CCers can reed and rite.:D

• 4 months later...
Listen very carefully I shall say this only once...

It is a reference to a British comedy show that ran in the 1980's called 'Allo,Allo. The show was set in occupied France during WW2. One of the characters appeared as a French Gendarme but was a British secret agent working with the French Resistance movement and the policeman was his cover. His character always mangled his words such as Good Moaning, I thought I would just poop in and lots of other double entendre. Even now some 20 years after the show ended British people still use phrases from the show which at the time was pulling millions of viewers every week. I got the joke right away but then I am British and watched the show plus countless repeats. It was a very, very funny program. My opening sentence is also a catchphrase from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27Allo_%27Allo! will explain a lot to you.

actually, he claims it's from his mistyping one time, and it stuck.

and he's forever apologizing unnecessarily about it when someone says they're offended.

No one would be wiser to the crappy statement about his daughter had he, himself, not put it out there. He helps feed it.

I partly agree with this.

While of course someone can read through the comments and see everything anyone posts on his blog, he's kind of a drama seeker. I actually ended up hiding him from my Facebook feed because he was constantly posting and making fun of the dumb negative emails/comments he gets. I agreed with him that some of the people who sent/posted them were being ridiculous, but he absolutely feeds the fire.

it reads over there like who's gonna get noticed the most.

there's even about two people that are posting "jokes of the day". they're not even funny. poor john. he has to be polite.

I agree, whole hearedly! I read his FB page for the info. I am so tired of the jokes and continuous comments from the same ones. It seems some post every other post. What is up with that? Have they no life. My favorite is one who posted more than 20 times last week in one day. She had no questions, just comments. One was concerning his carpal tunnel and how she hoped he was resting his arm and taking care of himself. I was ROFL. He puts comments after each post, so if she really cared, she would just lay off posting unless she had an actual cruise related question. Bet I could give you ten names and they would be in every fifty posts at least once if not more! I'm not a CCL cheerleader, not a big fan of Heald. I cruise Carnival for the value and read Heald for the info.

I partly agree with this.

While of course someone can read through the comments and see everything anyone posts on his blog, he's kind of a drama seeker. I actually ended up hiding him from my Facebook feed because he was constantly posting and making fun of the dumb negative emails/comments he gets. I agreed with him that some of the people who sent/posted them were being ridiculous, but he absolutely feeds the fire.

It is called marketing and it seems to be working for him.

Actually, the argument could be made that it's a psychological disorder brought on by the internet age.

What's more disturbing though is the commenters who think they're going to involve themselves in "Mob Justice" or some such and end up making total fools of themselves.

I especially love it when moderators at this site don't do their homework and instead of acting using a bit of common sense and saying "Hey, I don't think that's the same person who goes by the username on *my* board", they instead get nasty. All while proudly displaying the "Moderator" badge.

I never said he couldn't do it. If it works for him it works for him. But his FB page is the perfect example of why I love being able to "like" a page but not have to read all the inane posts the person who owns it puts up. It is what it is, whatever his reasons (and I do agree that part of it is that he's something of an attention you-know-what), he does feed the fire/fan the flames. That's all I was saying.

• 5 months later...

I really enjoy his blog and think that he is hilarious. I am not happy about the ridicule on the Carnival forum about people who make sincere requests to him. I actually sent one after learning that you could through CC a few cruises back. This is the first time I asked because we have a dbl celebration on board. I also follow the forum from Carnival and see many negative comments about how stupid people are for asking him for help. Seems like asking is offensive to some

people. I don't demand or expect anything but was informed that he enjoyed helping those when it is possible for him to do so.

Archived