john heald blog

I have been reading his blog since he helped with a wedding proposal on the Dream a few months by and what he did for my family I will never forget. recently it seems he is being slammed from all sides with awful questions and one person even made fun of his daughter. My question is does his blog belong to him or does Carnival control it because it seems to me if they did they wouldnt allow so much negativity. Just curious.

I have been reading his blog since he helped with a wedding proposal on the Dream a few months by and what he did for my family I will never forget. recently it seems he is being slammed from all sides with awful questions and one person even made fun of his daughter. My question is does his blog belong to him or does Carnival control it because it seems to me if they did they wouldnt allow so much negativity. Just curious.

His blog and I agree......don't know why he allows this kind of stuff.....

No one would be wiser to the crappy statement about his daughter had he, himself, not put it out there. He helps feed it.

Um, actually, I saw it in the comments to the previous blog. I'm sure many other did as well. It was not like it was a personal email to him.

Um, actually, I saw it in the comments to the previous blog. I'm sure many other did as well. It was not like it was a personal email to him.

You're right... my bad. But I don't read the comments and would think a lot of people don't. He did bring undue attention to it, but as you said, it was there.

First and foremost John is an entertainer and he is no dummy. There is a saying "any publicity is good publicity". You can bet that he knows exactly what he is doing when he prints the nasty responses and questions. Just look at the hit and like count on his Facebook page and the blog, both are out of this world successful. He also has 100% support and approval from his bosses to do exactly what he does. Personally I am very happy with how he conducts his business and hope that he never bends to the few haters out there. Especially the trolls pretending to be active CC members.

It's John's blog and he handles it as he sees fit. He is a firm believer that everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just like he is. He prints both negative and positive to show that he values all opinions. Unfortunately, there are some really cruel people out there who take personal hits on him. I never could understand why people get so bent out of shape about him helping people. I always thought helping others was a good thing. That's what he wants to do, so why should anyone complain about it. They aren't smart enough to figure out that he would help them as well if they only asked. I imagine if he ever feels taken advantage of, then he will stop. But personal negative comments on how he looks and especially on his wife and daughter are just totally uncalled for.

You may have seen it briefly in the comments on his blog, but it was taken down quickly, like within minutes of it appearing, so only a limited amount of folks saw it......so by putting it in the next blog he gave that cruel poster full view to all.. In my opinion, he should not have posted it and his ensuing drama on his blog after it was removed. By doing so he gave the poster full exposure, which is what he or she wanted. So, he continued and further created the drama! So my question is.....why did he do that....calls for speculation. and of course his cheerleaders all came to his defense and crucified the cruel poster. Makes ya wonder.

:confused: What was said?

Basically a [rude] woman asked him how much longer his wife and daughter were going to be on the ship and who pays for their lodging and food while they were on board because his daughter (who is a toddler) looks like she likes to eat a lot like her father.

It was highly inappropriate and unnecessary and happened on a day when John was already sad because his wife and daughter had just left him to go back to England and he was not going to be seeing them for another 4 1/2 months.

You will never see John eliminate all of the negative comments on his blog... there's often a bit of constructive criticism in there despite some of them being nasty.

Granted, there are some truly over the top ridiculous messages and those are of limited value, if any, like the one in question here. The majority of the time after something like that happens John will ask me if I know the individual or if he should have given it space on his blog. Generally, I agree with his reasoning but there are a few, like this one, that I don't think deserved to see the light of day...

Just my $.02...

:)

I can understand John posting that one with the message that Hilde-whatever is banned from the blog. I think it's a warning shot from him showing that you can give your opinions on Carnival & John but - very clearly - his family and personal life is off limits. You know, "drawing a line in the sand" kind of thing.

You can be banned from posting on Cruise Critic and apparently, you can now be banned from posting on John's blog.

Personally, I think he's hilarious. I posted (and got a response from him) and while the information was wrong and he didn't send the "little something" he said he would, that's not what why I read the blog - he's funny and gives you a little glimpse of ship's life.

You may have seen it briefly in the comments on his blog, but it was taken down quickly, like within minutes of it appearing, so only a limited amount of folks saw it......so by putting it in the next blog he gave that cruel poster full view to all.. In my opinion, he should not have posted it and his ensuing drama on his blog after it was removed. By doing so he gave the poster full exposure, which is what he or she wanted. So, he continued and further created the drama! So my question is.....why did he do that....calls for speculation. and of course his cheerleaders all came to his defense and crucified the cruel poster. Makes ya wonder.

Well..I am one of his "cheerleaders" as you call us. And yes, when some cruel, heartless and mean person attacks his family, we will stick our necks out for him. How would YOU like someone to say something like that about your child? I bet you would not like it, unless your heart is made out of stone. Make ME wonder if you would not cruicifiy the cruel poster too.

I am a John Heald's fan.. and I am not afraid to say it, and because of this, I've lost two very good friends... well.. their loss.. noone will tell ME who should I cheer or love.

I can understand John posting that one with the message that Hilde-whatever is banned from the blog. I think it's a warning shot from him showing that you can give your opinions on Carnival & John but - very clearly - his family and personal life is off limits. You know, "drawing a line in the sand" kind of thing.

You can be banned from posting on Cruise Critic and apparently, you can now be banned from posting on John's blog.

Personally, I think he's hilarious. I posted (and got a response from him) and while the information was wrong and he didn't send the "little something" he said he would, that's not what why I read the blog - he's funny and gives you a little glimpse of ship's life.

Don't blame John if you did not get the little something that he promised. He emails the current CD on whatever ship you are going to be on and asks them to do it for him. I have put in two requests to John and only one was taken care of, but I don't blame him at all. If his fellow CD's or the Maitre D's don't follow through then the blame falls on John and not the person who was asked to do the favor for him.

To AWCHIEF and NEWCATINTOWN:

John Heald doesn't totally control what is on his blog. He gets hundreds of requests and comments and they are forwarded to him for response. Many of the comments that are posted in the Reply section are put there by the Miami office personnel who assist him with his blog prior to him seeing the comments. Saying that he puts negative comments on there about is daughter for publicity is absurd. John struggles daily with being away from his family and the days he does get to spend with his wife and daughter are very precious to him. This man goes way above and beyond what anyone would expect of him. He is a CD, he is a brand ambassador for Carnival and yet he takes several hours every day to write on his blog and answer questions and share information on Facebook.

I have followed his blog from day one and it has become a part of my daily routine to hear about life aboard a ship and the crazy things that passengers do and expect while sailing on Carnival. Unfortunately, many people in recent months have hidden behind the anonimity of the keyboard and decided it's okay to post nasty comments and rumors to a man who is just trying to help people. I firmly believe some of these comments are made up by trolls who just want to see if they can stir up trouble. What once was John's attempt to help people with small requests like dining room seating and recognitions of special celebrations has now turned into people demanding these things and being angry that someone on the ship didn't follow through when John sends the requests on to the various ships these passengers are sailing on. Now all of a sudden, it's his fault their "vacation was ruined". Then there are the people who claim to not like his sense of humor and say they can't believe that "Carnival" allows this. What part of "this is his blog" and not Carnival's do people not understand????? If people don't like his sense of humor; if they don't like reading the comments from people; if they don't like sifting through the thoughtless requests of some people - then don't read the blog. It is as simple as that.

Anyone who has met John Heald knows what a talented and personable person he is. He is a wonderful CD and a great brand ambassador for Carnival. And I personally appreciate each and every day that he takes the time to write his blog and share it with those of us who enjoy the smiles, tears and laughter that each of those blogs bring us. My day would be much dimmer and uneventful if I didn't have John's blog to read.

Um ya, but when I read his blog, I rarely read the "comments" placed below.

I just read his actual posts which may contain responses to these comments.

So you are right but I bet very few saw the offending Hildegard post until

he made it the centerpiece of his next blog. He promoted this stupid (but mild) insult

against his daughter. It's the same thing he does with a post he gets from someone who

says they are from CC and demands this or that. He loves to respond making the CC site look like it's full of kooks.

Well that much is true.:D

he made it the centerpiece of his next blog. He promoted this stupid (but mild) insult

against his daughter. It's the same thing he does with a post he gets from someone who

says they are from CC and demands this or that. He loves to respond making the CC site look like it's full of kooks.

That is simply wrong... John doesn't make any effort to make Cruise Critic look like a site full of kooks. He has no choice but to accept their 'association' with Cruise Critic on face value. He can not verify that they are or are not members here.

Time and time again he has said that he has great appreciation for Cruise Critic and he understands that only a very tiny percentage of members are the ones complaining and demanding.

It is very possible, however, that a number of people not members here are making an effort to discredit the site with continuing idiotic comments on John's blog...

Good post Mach, however I must point out(for the benefit of others) that there are indeed some "kooks'' here on CC just as there are on any other public forum. It's not John's doing, not your's or even CCs just a fact of cyber-life. I know you already know this as you have to deal with them. My hat is off to you.

I've been reading John's blog (lol I say that like I personally know him, I don't) semi regularly for just over a year and have never, ever seen John disparage the posters at large or CC. Sure there has been a time or two he has taken to task a CC member individually for what they post. In the last coupld of days he has hammered hilde-whatever ( love that one) a little, but it was well deserved, IMHO.

To Richstowe who said,

" He promoted this stupid (but mild) insult against his daughter."

I have to disagree with you. Any insult to a toddler, regardless of who's child, is far from being "mild" and is only done by spineless weak minded people. I am certainly glad that I am not as miserable with myself that I have to resort to picking on children.

Sorry I strongly disagree. John is not a CC basher. I think that most of the CC bashers are right here on CC. John is a very good person in the public eye and gets good and bad written about him as anyone who is in the public eye gets. I am glad he handles is so well as I truly enjoy his writing.

Archived