Ben & Jerry's question

We've not been on an RCCL ship yet that required payment for ice cream. If our grandchildren want to have ice cream, do we need to have their RCCL cards be where they can charge anything on the ship, or can they purchase ice cream with cash?

I've just never been comfortable having a 9-year old and a 13-year old have full access to charging anything on the ship.

There is an ice cream machine in the Windjammer for no additional charge. I'd tell the grandkids to get their ice cream there and not pay extra for the small scoops of overpriced B&J ice cream. ;)

Is there a Ben & Jerry's on Vision of the Seas? I will pay....oh yes...I will pay....

I don't know about Vision but if they do, when you see the portion size vs. price you may have second thoughts or.... you may have a very high bill on your seapass at the end of the week.

Just wanted to post a tip about the kids having a sea pass card. We set our kids up with $100 sea pass card each to be used for the arcade or any other thing they wanted to purchase. One thing that RCCL wont tell you is that the card does not automatically shut off when they reach the $100. They can keep charging away. That is why its important to check the balance on your television each day to make sure they dont run up a huge bill.

Is the ice cream that is free the soft serve "fake" ice cream often sold at buffet restaurants? Wouldn't that be available 24/7? What is the afternoon snack I hear about so often? Is that an ice cream sundae party type thing with some better ice cream for the kids?;)

Is the ice cream that is free the soft serve "fake" ice cream often sold at buffet restaurants? Wouldn't that be available 24/7? What is the afternoon snack I hear about so often? Is that an ice cream sundae party type thing with some better ice cream for the kids?;)

The soft serve ice cream is the "fake" ice cream served in the WJ. It isn't available 24x7, but only when the WJ is open.

The afternoon snack is just what is served in the WJ between lunch and dinner. They usually have snack type foods available in the buffet for a quick bite during the afternoon. Lots of finger-type foods for easy grab and go.

Hours of the soft-serve machine may depend on which ship you are on. On recent Splendour, hours posted were 7:00am to 11:00pm. But then, it may have worked @ 3:00am.....

Happy cruising...

For those of us who like frozen yogurt, it is pretty good. For those who don't like it (like DW who doesn't like yogurt in any form) it isn't and she won't eat it. But then, since she only rarely eats ice cream, she doesn't miss it too much.

Not everyone likes yogurt is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived