PCC Question

luvcruzing

This may be a really dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I've read on some threads that people just call the NCL reservation number to make reservations and others go through a PCC. What's the difference, and how do you get a PCC if you don't have one? Seems like they can be very helpful. Thanks.

This may be a really dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I've read on some threads that people just call the NCL reservation number to make reservations and others go through a PCC. What's the difference, and how do you get a PCC if you don't have one? Seems like they can be very helpful. Thanks.

Our experience has been that after you book a cruise thru NCL you are assigned a PCC. He/she will email you, call you and send cards with their personal information to see if you are ready to book another cruise. The one we were assigned was very pushy and even booked a cruise we did not authorize. I emailed NCL and asked that she be removed as our PCC and the cruise be cancelled. They were very compliant and gave us another PCC. If you ever call NCL for whatever reason you will be forwarded to that PCC. If it is your first call to book a cruise, the person who answers the phone will most likely be your PCC. They even monitor how often you go to NCL website to shop a cruise...just for your information. Very invasive in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Pat

Are you a Facebook member? If so, I would post a question to your FB friends in your area asking if they have a travel agent they would recommend. (It's just a thought.) Or you can look through your local yellow pages - if you still use such a thing - and look for a travel agent that specializes in cruises.

You can go through NCL as well, but I like having a travel agent who knows all of our likes and dislikes. We have used the same agent for many years and she has booked 8 cruises for us and several other trips of many kinds.

:)After I logged onto the NCL website and registered I got a phone call from a PCC and he's been great. Whenever I call he checks my previous cruises and has an understanding of what I am looking for (rooms, excursions, etc). He even sends me Welcome Home cards after my cruises.

I had a great PCC for years and then he retired. boo.

My second one was not so hot - I knew much more about

cruising than he did, so I called and asked for an experienced

agent. The one I have now is fabulous. She knows what we

like, that we're veterans, etc. She calls when she knows of an

itinerary we were interested in, but NCL didn't offer, or a big pricing

change on something we'd been looking at. i.e I had called to get

pricing for another cruise on PoA. She got notice that the huge

balcony cabins were being put into a higher and more expensive

category and called to let us know the effective date so we could

book prior to that. Our entire group booked and saved us $700 per person.

She has given me so much information on coming changes or not (Houston or Galveston). A good PCC is really worth scrounging for.

And FYI, it is against the board rules to give out the name or phone numbers or PCC. Even giving out one's email address so you can privately exchange that info will get you in trouble. I hadn't realized that and it got me a three day suspension. Talk about finding out you're addicted to CC :eek::eek:

Our experience has been that after you book a cruise thru NCL you are assigned a PCC. He/she will email you, call you and send cards with their personal information to see if you are ready to book another cruise. The one we were assigned was very pushy and even booked a cruise we did not authorize. I emailed NCL and asked that she be removed as our PCC and the cruise be cancelled. They were very compliant and gave us another PCC. If you ever call NCL for whatever reason you will be forwarded to that PCC. If it is your first call to book a cruise, the person who answers the phone will most likely be your PCC. They even monitor how often you go to NCL website to shop a cruise...just for your information. Very invasive in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Pat

So does any other web site you visit whether they make you aware of it or not.

I had a great PCC for years and then he retired. boo.

My second one was not so hot - I knew much more about

cruising than he did, so I called and asked for an experienced

agent. The one I have now is fabulous. She knows what we

like, that we're veterans, etc. She calls when she knows of an

itinerary we were interested in, but NCL didn't offer, or a big pricing

change on something we'd been looking at. i.e I had called to get

pricing for another cruise on PoA. She got notice that the huge

balcony cabins were being put into a higher and more expensive

category and called to let us know the effective date so we could

book prior to that. Our entire group booked and saved us $700 per person.

She has given me so much information on coming changes or not (Houston or Galveston). A good PCC is really worth scrounging for.

And FYI, it is against the board rules to give out the name or phone numbers or PCC. Even giving out one's email address so you can privately exchange that info will get you in trouble. I hadn't realized that and it got me a three day suspension. Talk about finding out you're addicted to CC :eek::eek:

Wow, sounds like you got a great PCC!!! The PCC we had up until a couple of months ago was very nice to talk to so I stayed with her but I she never did anything like that for us. I don't know what happened to her but at first was told she moved to another dept. but then in talking to the new PCC I don't really think that's what went on. I just hope she is okay as she really was a nice person. My new PCC is very new and not as knowlegeable so not sure I will stay with her.

Wow again as for getting the 3 day suspension... yikes!:eek: I did this some time back and I got told not to do that but wasn't put on suspension. :rolleyes:

As far as looking up info. on the website - if you don't sign in they won't know you have been looking. I only sign in when I am looking at my bookings or I don't care if they see me on there.

I use a TA who has been wonderful but she loves to travel too. So there have been a couple of times when I have had to call NCL while she was off cruising. Each time I have gotten someone they have been great. If they didn't have an answer they went to the trouble of finding someone who did.

Since I have never sailed NCL before this pre-cruise help from them has made me feel very comfortable with our upcoming trip.

When I was real new here I was having trouble with my previous TA and got on a thread where someone was raving about their TA. I asked for info and the next day got the warning about asking such questions. The moderator was very polite. I appreciated the fact that they were bringing me up to speed on something I was new to.

:)After I logged onto the NCL website and registered I got a phone call from a PCC and he's been great. Whenever I call he checks my previous cruises and has an understanding of what I am looking for (rooms, excursions, etc). He even sends me Welcome Home cards after my cruises.

Same here. A PCC called and could not have been nicer. Wasn't pushy. I did make reservations thru him because they had a special OBC for AMEX users and Suite booking. He also got me an extra $75.00 OBC each from our previous cruise in February. I would not have known about that. Any questions I have now he is always available.

Also had my brother use him to book our same cruise. Saved him $400.00 off the listed online price.

BOOK ONLINE ON YOUR OWN...NCL costs more. On other websites you can negotiate pricing (yes, you can) and also get a lot more OBC. I have been on close to 20 cruises (most with NCL) and NCL Pcc could NEVER match the pricing I get. I want to save $$, don't care much for smoke and mirrors. If you have questions someone on Cruise Critic will always answer them for you.

This is my opinion from my experiences.

Happy Cruising!

BOOK ONLINE ON YOUR OWN...NCL costs more. On other websites you can negotiate pricing (yes, you can) and also get a lot more OBC. I have been on close to 20 cruises (most with NCL) and NCL Pcc could NEVER match the pricing I get. I want to save $$, don't care much for smoke and mirrors. If you have questions someone on Cruise Critic will always answer them for you.

This is my opinion from my experiences.

Happy Cruising!

While this used to be true it isn't anymore. It changed within the past year. You may get more OBC from a TA but they are no longer able to charge any less than NCL for the cruise fare.

Archived