Late Upsale -- Is it possible?

Cyclone92

I will be on the July 16th inside passage cruise on the Zuiderdam. Looking at the online booking on HAL's website, it appears that there are still a large number of rooms available. From the experiences of everyone here, is it typical for there to still be quite a few rooms available with less than two months from the cruise? Maybe this is quite normal, but if not it appears that the upgrade fairy will be visiting quite a few people on this trip.

I also noticed that right now HAL is offering a "Special Rate" on the VH guarantee rooms. Turns out that the special rate is not that much more than what I paid for an interior room. What are the chances that HAL will let me pay to upgrade at the Special Rate price even though I have already made the final payments and done all the online check-in items? I will call tomorrow when the reservations department is open, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

Thanks,

Alex

evan after your last pament holland america will let you upgrade at the going rate as long as you are going up they wont give you your money back though.we booked a ocean view on ossterdam 6/12 at 1300 and when verandas were at 1400 we paid 100 pp to upgade then when sz garrentees were at 1500 we paid 100 to upgrade and when sc garentees were at 1600 we upgraded again. we went from ocean view to sc suite for 300 pp sweet deal but you have to watch the prices every day and buy it when it is alittle more than what you have already paid ..dont wait till its the same price or they wont do it.they might give you a obc to apease you . but you wont get the room at the lowest price. good luck and have an awsome cruise:D

evan after your last pament holland america will let you upgrade at the going rate as long as you are going up they wont give you your money back though.we booked a ocean view on ossterdam 6/12 at 1300 and when verandas were at 1400 we paid 100 pp to upgade then when sz garrentees were at 1500 we paid 100 to upgrade and when sc garentees were at 1600 we upgraded again. we went from ocean view to sc suite for 300 pp sweet deal but you have to watch the prices every day and buy it when it is alittle more than what you have already paid ..dont wait till its the same price or they wont do it.they might give you a obc to apease you . but you wont get the room at the lowest price. good luck and have an awsome cruise:D

Thank you, I will keep my fingers crossed that I can get a better cabin for my upcoming cruise for just a little more money.

I had our TA contact Hal the afternoon before we left for our 30 day cruise for an upsell. Yep it worked. Cat g to VA for a fraction of the original cost. It was sad to think that I got it because someone else had to cancel, but the cabin would have gone empty otherwise.

As long as there are available cabins I would try.

Good luck.

Helen

Well it worked out great! For $52 total our room was upgraded from an interior to a VH Guarantee. Looking forward for a balcony to sit on as we enjoy the beautiful inside passage!

One question, about how big are the verandah's? Does the furniture fill up he entire verandah or is there still extra space?

Alex

Well it worked out great! For $52 total our room was upgraded from an interior to a VH Guarantee. Looking forward for a balcony to sit on as we enjoy the beautiful inside passage!

One question, about how big are the verandah's? Does the furniture fill up he entire verandah or is there still extra space?

Alex

Congrats!!! Let us know what you get and how you liked it when you return.

Alex

Depends on the cabin you end up with. The verandah cabins are all nicely sized. A normal balcony has enough space for a small table, 2 chairs that don't block the door, and probably have 2-3 from the edge of the chairs to the end of the balcony. It could get quite bigger depending on the location, aft balconys and the such.

Alex

AWESOME!!

Enjoy!

Archived