Are the beds comfortable- any KS?

AlbertaAnnie

Hi, 1st post here so please bear with me.

First off, I've been scouring these threads for a while and Celebrity seems to hit all the right buttons as something I'd love to try.

I've looked at cruises that I think we would be interested in, then I hope to convince my ""I'll never cruise"" husband to go.

The suites I've checked are Sky Suite, Concierge and all seem to note Queen size beds. Are there any King size beds on these ships? Are they really comfy or hard or saggy?

Only the two of us, so don't need a huge suite.

Thanks, Anne

On every cruise room I've been on every bed in every cabin (never stayed in a large suite only ss and below) has consisted of two twin beds that the room stewards can make up as two separate twins or fasten together to make one larger bed with appropriate linens. The larger bed is roughly queen size.

Most of the time the beds are just fine, every now and then the mattresses aren't the best. They change these out now and then and you never know when you might happen on a cruise where the mattresses are about ready to be replaced. If you find them very uncomfortable discuss it with your room steward and/or guest relations ASAP. Never wait untill the end of a cruise to voice such complaints as by then it is to late for them to make it right.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Good question -- I have been on many Cabin Crawls where we have gotten to peek into staterooms of all classes, and I've never seen a king sized bed, only queen size. I have always slept very well on every Celebrity cruise, but if I ever ran across an uncomfortable mattress, I would do exactly as the previous poster said -- I would report it immediately. They have egg crates to put on mattresses if you like a softer bed, and boards if you like a harder one.

I'll suggest that for your first cruise, don't go for a suite. Take a verandah (come back for lots of advice on the best verandah rooms as if varies a lot from one class of ship to another). If you love cruising, go for the suite on your second cruise. But you may find that the verandahs are just perfect for you and will be happy with them from then on.

I usu/ally carry a tapemeasure and check the bed sizes. Most of the 'queen' beds are 66-68" wide. Last time on Carnival it was 70". I sailed on Summit last fall and found the beds to be a bit firm for my taste, although the second week of my B2B, in a different cabin, one side sagged a bit, which made it much more comfortable!

I just got off the Solstice TA, and perhaps it was because we were in Concierge Class, but the beds were super comfy. Pillow top mattress, the pillow top was 2" thick, and could be removed to make a firmer bed. EM

The Penthouse Suites and Royal Suites have king beds. No other cabin category has king beds.

Beds are a matter of preference, but I find them rather uncomfortable and saggy.

Actually, the bed in the PH is a queen. Furthermore, it cannot be split into two singles, and no luggage can be stowed under it.

This is what we discovered last November on Constellation.

But it was very comfortable.

:)Thank you for your welcome and prompt replies.

The reason I asked about the bed, is because we prefer a king size, and it is what we have at home.

I must say I am curious as to the response regarding a veranda vs a suite.

I would like to add cruising to our holiday options, and a suite stay (read larger accommodations) may encourage DH to consider it too. One of his arguments is that he would feel cramped, I thought if I could nip that one in the bud, it would be one less to deal with.

Anne

Actually, I have a tape measure with me -- for my knitting -- so it's not so far-fetched -- will measure the safe this time to be ready to answer all those "how big is the safe in the stateroom" questions

Classy lady........and with a sense of humour.

Nice reply:D

Archived