JR

mommyto3girls:)

The pins sold in the gift shop are not like the past guest pins that were

given away and the ones everyone is collecting. The new pins sold

in the gift shops are a different style funnel pin with the ship name

on it and are much larger. They cost $4.95 each. Hope this answers your

question.

JR

oh. thanks. I'm wondering why carnival doesn't make the other pins available for sale? I understand if they don't just give them away, but still. They are still making the other pins though? You just have to be a platinum guest and sail on that ship?

that is correct Mommy. You need to be Platinum and sail on that ship to get that ships pin from Carnival. Of coarse even being Platinum doesnt guarantee you will get a pin. On our last cruise they only gave us one for the cabin...instead of one for each my wife and I. And the cruise before that...we didnt get any.

• 2 weeks later...

From JH's Blog on thr new Loyalty Program:

3. Pins……….well this is great news for the many pin lovers out there. The current rule is that only Platinum members get the pin and indeed the current pin looks like it was made in China. That’s because it ummmm……..was………..and it’s not very pretty is it? The new one really is or should I say the new ones really are. That’s because certain levels will now get a pin that looks really great and is ship specific. The Platinum and Milestone pin will be very special and will be both ship and year specific, they look brilliant. More details to follow....

Can't wait to see the new ones!

TinyG

It's hard to say. I prefer to older ones, but I also have the newer ones.

Is the pin dated? If it is, then that's a keeper. Some of the older pins

are more rare than the new pins with both names. Some of the newer ships only have both on them.

This is only my opinion. Maybe once Joe gets back on line, he can chime

in on this question.

May be Renee can chime in also with her opinion.

JR

I like to keep 1 of every type given out but the dated for sure.

I think it really depends on what your collection means for you, will you be selling the pins or keeping forever. I know my children will not have a clue what to do with them once I am gone. To avoid them tossing them I put a note in the back of the shadow box that lets them know who to send them too so they bring as much joy as I got from them.

TinyG

It's hard to say. I prefer to older ones, but I also have the newer ones.

Is the pin dated? If it is, then that's a keeper. Some of the older pins

are more rare than the new pins with both names. Some of the newer ships only have both on them.

This is only my opinion. Maybe once Joe gets back on line, he can chime

in on this question.

May be Renee can chime in also with her opinion.

JR

No date on the single name pin. It's a little smaller like my other one named pin. Neither the Imagination or Miracle had the newer "Carnival Platinum" pins.

I am trying to help my best friend complete her collection hopefully for Christmas.

If anyone has a Fascination 2000 or undated, Destiny or Jubilee I have several I can trade for including Splendor, Conquest, Valor, Spirit, Triumph. I know Jubilee is harder to find so if you know someone that is even selling one at a reasonable price let me know.

I am trying to help my best friend complete her collection hopefully for Christmas.

If anyone has a Fascination 2000 or undated, Destiny or Jubilee I have several I can trade for including Splendor, Conquest, Valor, Spirit, Triumph. I know Jubilee is harder to find so if you know someone that is even selling one at a reasonable price let me know.

If you email me I can give you a contact addy for someone that can help you.

Hey there pin friend.

I think that it has been mentioned that the pins given to Plats on some ships come in the cello bag without a card so your new one is probably ok. Does it look like you others. I heard the FAKES are plastic with a shinny back. Genuine are metal with textured back.

I am STILL looking to trade or buy one of the Carnival Platnum NO ships name pins.

Someone has got to have one they do not want???

I realize this post is about 2 months old, but I didn't know if you were able to get the Carnival Platinum pin with no ships name yet or not. I was just on Ebay and noticed there is a Carnival Platinum pin (with no ship name, generic) from Carnival Magic listed on Ebay for $12.99, with the auction ending tomorrow (12/8/2011). If you didn't have one yet and were interested, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-PLATINUM-PIN-MAGIC-VIP-PAST-GUEST-PIN-/320805520328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab17fc3c8

Fourseventeen: I remember you were looking for the same pin around the same time and was going to reply to your post as well, but noticed you're in the middle of a cruise right now & that auction will be over by the time you get back. Hope you're having a good time and great weather.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I realize this post is about 2 months old, but I didn't know if you were able to get the Carnival Platinum pin with no ships name yet or not. I was just on Ebay and noticed there is a Carnival Platinum pin (with no ship name, generic) from Carnival Magic listed on Ebay for $12.99, with the auction ending tomorrow (12/8/2011). If you didn't have one yet and were interested, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-PLATINUM-PIN-MAGIC-VIP-PAST-GUEST-PIN-/320805520328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab17fc3c8

Fourseventeen: I remember you were looking for the same pin around the same time and was going to reply to your post as well, but noticed you're in the middle of a cruise right now & that auction will be over by the time you get back. Hope you're having a good time and great weather.

Thanks, I still need one so hope to win this one.

Will hope no one bids against me now that I spoke up here but sure there are others out there also looking.

Off to take my dad to Dr now so will be watching it once back home.

Thanks again for the heads up and luck!!! Fingers crossed!!

You are quite welcome. :) Just curious - were you able to get it? I sure hope so. I noticed another one on Ebay but that one was going for $24.00, but that seems kind of expensive. I think that auction is still going on.