Carnival pins?

mared1

After reading a few more posts on threads, I see that. Well, thats too bad about that. Where do you (and others) get these spare pins from then? Do you buy them from the cruiselines because you are platinum members and sell them?

The extras I get are from my family.. we are all 4 Platinum and until recently I was the only one that collected them... Now my Daughter has a set of her own but I had to buy one of them on ebay because I had given them away :)

Some of my friends dont even take them when the cabin steward leaves them in the room... Others take them and give them away, Seems that some people like them and others could care less. I wear mine on a lanyard hoping that Carnival sees that some of us do care and they will keep giving them to us :D

I have been on eight Carnival cruises and have a pin for all of them -- except my most recent cruise on the Miracle in Dec. 2011. Would love to add it to my collection if anyone has a spare (willing to cover your mailing costs, etc.)

It would mean a ton to me since one of my best cruising buddies, who sailed with our group on the Miracle, passed away on New Year's Eve. With or without this pin, I can truly say her friendship was a miracle to me and she will forever be remembered. She was a member of the CC family (gaylensgigi). If anyone can send out an extra prayer for her loved ones who were left behind, I know they'd appreciate it. Thanks!

lilmatcat @ hotmail.com

I have been on eight Carnival cruises and have a pin for all of them -- except my most recent cruise on the Miracle in Dec. 2011. Would love to add it to my collection if anyone has a spare (willing to cover your mailing costs, etc.)

It would mean a ton to me since one of my best cruising buddies, who sailed with our group on the Miracle, passed away on New Year's Eve. With or without this pin, I can truly say her friendship was a miracle to me and she will forever be remembered. She was a member of the CC family (gaylensgigi). If anyone can send out an extra prayer for her loved ones who were left behind, I know they'd appreciate it. Thanks!

lilmatcat @ hotmail.com

Email sent to you

I have also seen a few people who aren't Platinum mention that they ask their cabin steward about past guest pins and are told the same, but some of them have gone back to their cabins to find the pins - compliments of their cabin steward.

Thats how we got our Miracle pins, we had the BEST steward. He was funny though because everytime he saw us he would hand us a pin. I have extra miracle pins if anyone needs one

I managed to get an Spirit pin off of ebay, but have been unable to win one for the Sensation at a reasonable price. In the mean time, anyone have one the would be willing to part with? I'll pay for it and the shipping, if need be. It's the last one for me to get. I do have the one I bought from the gift shop, but it's much larger than all my past guest pins.

Thanks guys and enjoy your day. Only 37 days until our Glory and 1st Platinum cruise!!!

Paul

pauljay40 at ya hoo dot com

Edited by dizkid

Hello Everyone

I did a post several days ago, but for some reason it has not been posted

so I am going to repost. :(

Thanks to a Dear Friend and Collector, Frequent Floater, AKA Renee, I

am the proud owner of a Carnival Platinum pin. :):)

I went to my P O Box the other day and there was a package from her.

Went I opened it up and saw it was the Platinum pin, I let out a yell

" YES ". Several people looked at me and could see the BIG Smile on my

face. :) They knew I was a HAPPY person.

Now I know how some of you feel when you get the pins I send you,

it's a GREAT feeling.

Still Smiling :)

JR

Hello Everyone

I did a post several days ago, but for some reason it has not been posted

so I am going to repost. :(

Thanks to a Dear Friend and Collector, Frequent Floater, AKA Renee, I

am the proud owner of a Carnival Platinum pin. :):)

I went to my P O Box the other day and there was a package from her.

Went I opened it up and saw it was the Platinum pin, I let out a yell

" YES ". Several people looked at me and could see the BIG Smile on my

face. :) They knew I was a HAPPY person.

Now I know how some of you feel when you get the pins I send you,

it's a GREAT feeling.

Still Smiling :)

JR

That's WONDERFUL! You and Renee are both awesome (btw Renee, my treasured Miracle pin arrived, so "thank you!!!". I have a favor to ask if anyone else happens to have a Miracle pin (or 2) floating around. I definitely want to track one down for a good friend and fellow CC member (floatingaway54 -- many of you know her as Floatie). Our Funnel FUNatics group sailed on the Miracle in December and as I posted before, we lost one of our dear friends and fellow CC cruisers unexpectedly three weeks later.

I told Floatie yesterday that I had been fortunate to have one sent to me after posting here and I know she desperately wants to track one down as she and Bonnie (gaylensgigi) were very close friends and Bonnie's passing has left a deep crack in Floatie's heart. My sister, who also sailed on that cruise, is looking for one as well. So... if there are any extra Miracle pins that can still be doled out, please email me. I would be ever so grateful and I know it will put smiles on faces... just like the won JR talked about!!!

My email is: lilmatcat @ hotmail.com

I have also seen a few people who aren't Platinum mention that they ask their cabin steward about past guest pins and are told the same, but some of them have gone back to their cabins to find the pins - compliments of their cabin steward.

Thats how we got our Miracle pins, we had the BEST steward. He was funny though because everytime he saw us he would hand us a pin. I have extra miracle pins if anyone needs one

I just saw this after I posted... looking for 2 Miracle pins.

Please email me at lilmatcat @ hotmail.com if they are still available.

Edited by Lilmatcat

• 2 weeks later...

From John's Facebook!

John Heald

Good morning everyone. I am back in Game Show rehearsals again and will be pooping in and out here on Facebook. Soon we will release our new Loyalty program which will include ship specific and year specific pins for the top two levels. Until then we have a interim pin which will be given to all Platinum guests and its on the ships as we speak. Here it is.

421496_319481648094403_144285012280735_929717_1478125403_n.jpg

I made a sort of quilt hanging, 3 ft by 2 ft with a muslin center and travel themed borders. I hung it up with a rod and I attach cruise ship pins and pins from every place I go, Hard Rock pins, etc. I filled up one and am about 1/3 filled on the second. Before that I made a six foot x six foot quilt that featured suitcases and sewed patches from places we went onto the suitcases as if they were stickers, and along the plain borders. But the patches were harder to find and took up too much room, so I went to pins.

Tried again on eBay. Lost again. :mad: They only have a pin there now that has the "2001" on it. Guess I'll have to wait and see any others get offered up.

Someone posted that they wrote Carnival and they sent them a pin? Anyone know about this?

Tried again on eBay. Lost again. :mad: They only have a pin there now that has the "2001" on it. Guess I'll have to wait and see any others get offered up.

Someone posted that they wrote Carnival and they sent them a pin? Anyone know about this?

Hey dizkid,

There is another one up for sale :)

That was probably me. We were on Carnival Glory in May 2010 and had been on two prior cruises, Festivale in 1992 (honeymoon) and Miracle in 2006. The reason I wrote to Carnival wasn't about the past guest pins. I actually wrote them a letter because there were a few Carnival employees on our ship who I wanted to compliment (those complimentary letters do help people, I know from personal experience in a former job). We received the complimentary card at the end of our cruise (yes, they were still doing that at the time), but there was not enough room in the comments section to compliment them, so I sent a letter along with that card. In that letter, I also asked about the past guest pins and mentioned that we didn't receive one. My DH received one on Miracle but I didn't, even though it was my second cruise with Carnival (reason for that was because our honeymoon cruise was booked in my maiden name - no fault of Carnival). In the letter I asked if I could have credit for the three cruises I've been on and gave all the information (ship, itinerary, sail date, etc.).

A couple of weeks later I received an email from Carnival letting me know that their team members that I complimented would be given proper recognition. They also adjusted my past guest history to show the three Carnival cruises instead of two. They also explained that they no longer gave out pins to past guest and that they are now only given to Platinum guests, BUT they obtained pins from Carnival Miracle and Glory and would be sending those to us in the mail and we received those pins about a week later.

Sorry so long of a response, but I didn't want anyone to get their hopes up that Carnival will provide pins to everyone who writes them a letter. I can see where that would get out of hand. I'm sure there could always be some exceptions, like us. It would be nice if they started giving them out to past guests again.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Thanks for the update. I've been outbidded AGAIN. Guess I'm not meant to get one. It's the only one I don't have.

Paul

Sorry you weren't able to get the one you need - which one is it? I frequently look on Ebay since I've been looking for a Festivale pin so I can try to keep my eyes open for you. Hopefully someone has an extra one that they can get to you. You could always try to write to Carnival about something else, but mention the pins - it sure can't hurt. I sent my letter to "Guest Relations" to their headquarters in Miami.

As for Ebay, I'm no expert, but I've noticed it can get pretty "nasty" within the last few minute of an auction. I've been outbid several times by someone who gets on & places a high bid with just a few seconds to spare, making it hard to be outbid. Trying to outbid them can be risky in that you may end up paying a lot more than something is really worth. It seems ruthless but it appears those are the ones to win the auctions. I've given up and only go for the "Buy it Now" items, but only if I feel it's a reasonable price. Good luck to you.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Sorry you weren't able to get the one you need - which one is it? I frequently look on Ebay since I've been looking for a Festivale pin so I can try to keep my eyes open for you. Hopefully someone has an extra one that they can get to you. You could always try to write to Carnival about something else, but mention the pins - it sure can't hurt. I sent my letter to "Guest Relations" to their headquarters in Miami.

As for Ebay, I'm no expert, but I've noticed it can get pretty "nasty" within the last few minute of an auction. I've been outbid several times by someone who gets on & places a high bid with just a few seconds to spare, making it hard to be outbid. Trying to outbid them can be risky in that you may end up paying a lot more than something is really worth. It seems ruthless but it appears those are the ones to win the auctions. I've given up and only go for the "Buy it Now" items, but only if I feel it's a reasonable price. Good luck to you.

I need the Sensation. I have ebay on my iPhone, so I'm able to keep an eye out for it. Just wish (hint hint) that someone here would have one. :D

Hopefully someone will help you out. In the meantime, I was just on Ebay looking for a Festivale pin and saw there's a Sensation pin listed. The auction for it expires in a little over 8 hours. Here's the link in case you're interested. Good luck to you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnival-Cruise-Lines-SENSATION-Platinum-past-guest-VIP-pin-/170775001517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c2fbb9ad