Carnival pins?

mared1

Joe

Thanks for helping out with this. I am glad you explained it a little better than I did.

Did you see the older Holiday pin for $40.00 on ebay? In all my years,

I have never seen one like it. Have you?

JR

Yes, now that it has been re listed.. I have the same pin from several different ships, the earliest being the Festivale. but not the Holiday. From my extensive record keeping, I personally place the value around $ 20.00 which I have been able to purchase several for.

I can only confirm that the Mardi Gras & Carnivale had only the "shield Pin" & the gold-toned "ship-shaped" pin.

Yes, now that it has been re listed.. I have the same pin from several different ships, the earliest being the Festivale. but not the Holiday. From my extensive record keeping, I personally place the value around $ 20.00 which I have been able to purchase several for.

I can only confirm that the Mardi Gras & Carnivale had only the "shield Pin" & the gold-toned "ship-shaped" pin.

Hey JoeB, I sent you an e-mail the other day have you not checked it recently or did you maybe get a new e-mail?

Edited by CruiseAdict218

e-Bay never took down the fake pins and in about 30mins or so the person will get about $70 shame on e-Bay :mad:

I spoke to soon all the pins without bids were removed but all with bids already are still up and he made $46 from the fake Breeze pin

and @ froggy4: there is a Freedom pin on e-Bay now but 6 Days until bidding ends

Edited by CruiseAdict218

I just got back from an out of town wedding & didn't get back in time to check that Ebay auction, so thank you CruiseAdict218 for letting us know what happened. That is really a shame that people were taken by this individual for their fakes (good catch on that Spirit pin, btw). I'm surprised that Carnival doesn't monitor what is being sold with the Carnival name/logo on Ebay as authentic or original. I'm hoping that no one falls for the ones he (or she) just relisted. I'm curious as to how much some of those fakes went for.

I just got back from an out of town wedding & didn't get back in time to check that Ebay auction, so thank you CruiseAdict218 for letting us know what happened. That is really a shame that people were taken by this individual for their fakes (good catch on that Spirit pin, btw). I'm surprised that Carnival doesn't monitor what is being sold with the Carnival name/logo on Ebay as authentic or original. I'm hoping that no one falls for the ones he (or she) just relisted. I'm curious as to how much some of those fakes went for.

Its no problem, I'd hate to see someone waste money on a fake and cruisetrend probably made about $75? $46 for the fake Breeze, $20 for some other and now theres even more fakes just posted :mad:

I'm curious as to how much some of those fakes went for.

Breeze = $46

Jubilee & Holiday = $19

Festivale= $20

Magic = $18.55

Triumph = $11.50

Spendlor, Pride, Paradise, Legend, Elation, Ecstasy, Conquest = $10 each

Sensation =$13.83

Miracle = $10.50

Imagination = $11

Fantasy, Destiny = $12 each

Celebration, Freedom, Glory, Inspiration, Liberty, Valor, Spirit, Victory, Dream, Tropical, Ecstasy x2, Conquest x2 (All Didnt Sell)

The same eBay seller has more pins up for sale. This time the Carnival Logo is not in the ad but the ad states that the pin is "genuine Carnival ". I could be wrong but I think that other than the obvious ones ie 'Carnival Mardi Gras', Carnival Festivale', 'Carnival Celebration' & 'Carnival Tropicale' the pins are most likely to be actual Carnival pins that the seller got from the importer. The others might be pins he had commissioned to be made through the importer.

The same eBay seller has more pins up for sale. This time the Carnival Logo is not in the ad but the ad states that the pin is "genuine Carnival ". I could be wrong but I think that other than the obvious ones ie 'Carnival Mardi Gras', Carnival Festivale', 'Carnival Celebration' & 'Carnival Tropicale' the pins are most likely to be actual Carnival pins that the seller got from the importer. The others might be pins he had commissioned to be made through the importer.

You could be right but how could you tell, with those fakes to hard to tell if the othes are real or not

Although very little attention is given to the gold tone(Platium tone on the Dream) ship shapped pins Carnival started with the Mardi Gras and every ship had them for sale in the gift shop until Carnival changed (stopped) selling them on the Dream.

Carnival called the shield type a "tie-tack" and sold the ship=shapped ones as a "hat-pin". JR is correct about the VIP (past Guest)funnel pins began with the Festivale and ended with the Dream.

There are:

• 13 Single Ship Name Pins
  • 24 Carnival Double name Pins
  • 15 2000 Dated Pins
  • 16 2001 Dated Pins

Aren't there 23? From Holiday to the Dream?

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Any Spirit pins out there for sale or donation to a collection??? Contact me at: wtaylro64105@roadrunner.com

Thanks!

:cool:Bill

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Pin-SPIRIT-/200643796580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb74d5e64 ~*Note*~ There are two other Spirit pins on ebay which are fakes, this seems to be the real one should you decide to buy from ebay. Although this buyer doesn't accept returns

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Breeze = $46

Jubilee & Holiday = $19

Festivale= $20

Magic = $18.55

Triumph = $11.50

Sensation =$13.83

Miracle = $10.50

Imagination = $11

Celebration, Freedom, Glory, Inspiration, Liberty, Valor, Spirit, Victory, Dream, Tropical, Ecstasy x2, Conquest x2 (All Didnt Sell)

Thanks for letting me know. A lot of money spent for fakes. I'm thankful to those who noticed these and pointed them out as fakes or I could have been one of those who were taken.

Have any of you seen this thread on the "Carnival Criuse Lines" boards? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1466562

I know for a fact that this is not a "one poster wonder" - I have read several of his reviews about his family's Carnival cruise vacations and have enjoyed reading them. I really don't know what the laws are and am not going to research them right now, but I feel Carnival is wasting their time going after him when they can be checking some of the Ebay auctions for fake items, using Carnival's name/logo & described as genuine/authentic are being sold at a profit (not to Carnival, but to the individual selling them) and going after them.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Breeze = $46

Jubilee & Holiday = $19

Festivale= $20

Magic = $18.55

Triumph = $11.50

Sensation =$13.83

Miracle = $10.50

Imagination = $11

You forgot Fascination at 15.38

Here is what he told me when I asked a ?

Dear cruisetrend,

Interest in where u got the pins. Did these come from ur collection of past cruises. I'll up my bid if they r athentic.

Yes they part of a collection but not by travel but by close relationship with airline and cruise vendors

- cruisetrend

Ebay says that the purchaser is protected if they are fake.

Edited by luvmysox1

Thanks for letting me know. A lot of money spent for fakes. I'm thankful to those who noticed these and pointed them out as fakes or I could have been one of those who were taken.

Have any of you seen this thread on the "Carnival Criuse Lines" boards? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1466562

I know for a fact that this is not a "one poster wonder" - I have read several of his reviews about his family's Carnival cruise vacations and have enjoyed reading them. I really don't know what the laws are and am not going to research them right now, but I feel Carnival is wasting their time going after him when they can be checking some of the Ebay auctions for fake items, using Carnival's name/logo & described as genuine/authentic are being sold at a profit (not to Carnival, but to the individual selling them) and going after them.

Interesting thread and I agree, Carnival is wasting there time on that silly thing when like you said they should go after whoever is selling these fake pins

Here is what he told me when I asked a ?

Dear cruisetrend,

Interest in where u got the pins. Did these come from ur collection of past cruises. I'll up my bid if they r athentic.

Yes they part of a collection but not by travel but by close relationship with airline and cruise vendors

- cruisetrend

This person sends some weird responses

I wonder if they all are fake? I can't believe breeze went for so much.

I know the new ship and the older ships are forsure fakes.

:confused: I have had go experience with pins in the past but I don't know this person

I wonder how many were CC members. Probably some.

Edited by luvmysox1