Carnival pins?

mared1

If anyone is able to help out I am still looking for these pins. I unfortunately dont have any to trade at the moment but dont mind paying a fair price for them or covering shipping. I am trying to obtain 2 from each ship we have been on...one for me and one for my wife. We are putting them on our cruise lanyards. I would also really LOVE to have at least one of the PLATINUM pins from the Magic as well if anyone has one to spare...again I dont mind paying a fair price for pins. elitephotophx@aol.com is my personal email.

(1)Valor

(1)Elation

(2)Glory

(2)Victory

(2)Pride

(2)Paradise

(2)Spirit

(2)Inspiration

(2)"Platinum

Edited by Fourseventeen

Hello Fellow Pin Collectors.

After all the years I have been putting :):):) on faces for no charge,

I have finally had some one take advantage of me. :( While trying

to make a trade to get a pin for another collector on this board,

I sent some one 4 pins to trade for this pin plus other pins. The

person did not comply with the trade and did not send me my pins.

Being the person I am, I will not mention their name. I am only warning

you to be careful with who you deal with if you make a trade.

I will not let this stop me from helping others out, since I LOVE to put

a :) on a face. I will just be more careful.

JR

I would post up his user name is I was you...that way people know not to deal with the scumbag! We are suppose to help eachother out and enjoy collecting together. It sucks when someone comes in and screws it up and leaves a bad taste in someones mouth.

I did call them and email them but no luck! I know it's a small thing but I would rather have the pins than the food they give Platinum members! I wouldn't even mind buying them but the ones they sell in the gift shop are bigger and not the same.

im with you...I dont care for the extra food they give us in our cabins. One of the plates I didnt even touch...it smelled real "fishy" almost made me want to puke. the other plate was chocolates...same stuff they had up in the chocolate buffet upstairs earlier the same day, which I also didnt care for.

I'm curious -- what do you all do with your pins?

I found pictures of each of the ships that we've been on on Webshots. I copied them and put each in a frame. Then I drilled a small hole in the left side of each frame and glued the pins into the frame. I have them hanging on a wall in my garage with a shelf under them. I started collecting the ship's models after our third cruise and I have those models under the picture of the ship. I need to go on a cruise on the first three ships again to get those models. I tried e-bay but they want waaaay more for them than what you can buy them for on the ships.

yeah some of these people on ebay are a little to greedy. I seen some people selling a past guest pin for 19.00 "buy it now" recently. And another selling a past guest glass for 59.00! I mean really!!? lol.

If i had extra past guest pins I would give them away here for free long before I would TRY to sell them on ebay.

Fourseventeen

I prefer not to give out the person's name. It's not my character to do so.

I think I have put enough pressure on the person that they have not

posted anymore on this board. :D:D:D

JR

Hello friends,

I'm looking a couple pins

Triumph

Fascination

Elation

Holiday

have a Victory, and Fantasy that I can trade

One of cc friends is trading with me for my coming cruise and I had a total of 3 Fantasy. ONly one left that I can trade.

Thanks ahead of time

Sure hope my good friends JR or JoeB can shed some light on these pins to verify if they are indeed a re-make of the originals or in fact a genuine original.

I seen those an I am actually watching a couple of them on my ebay right now. Why are you saying these are fakes? I dont know the difference so if these are indeed fakes I am sure glad someone is shedding some light on this.

They were discontinued in 2010 so why are there Breeze and Magic pins? The Breeze isnt in the fleet yet. Both the Mardi Gras & Festivale did not have Carnival in there name. Maybe I'm wrong but hopefully someone can explain this

I posted on this thread several months ago to see if anyone had a Carnival Festivale past guest pin they were willing to sell & frequently checked this thread to see, if by any luck, one became available. After also checking Ebay frequently for over a year and sporadically several years before that without ever seeing one, I began to wonder if they even existed. I emailed Carnival a few days ago to ask if past guest pins existed for Festival (ship models and ornaments as well) and today I received the following response from Carnival (I'm leaving the Carnival representative's signature out to respect her privacy):

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

The Festivale did not have any ship pins made for her and we weren't selling the models or ornaments back then either so I'm afraid they are none out there. (At least not that we're aware of).

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines, we look forward to welcoming you back aboard another one of our "Fun Ships" soon.

Cordially,"

Our first cruise was on Carnival Festivale for our honeymoon in 1992 and she was part of Carnival's fleet from 1977 until 1996. If anyone else is looking for a past guest Festivale pin, it really appears that they don't exist, unfortunately.

Good luck to the rest of you in getting the pins you are looking for.