Carnival pins?

mared1

Carnival says that they no longer send them out. I just got this e-mail today. So I guess I will have to hunt for the Celebration & Sensation.

new_talisma_header.gif

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

In regard to your inquiry, the ship pins are no longer part of our Past Guest Program. They are very popular and quite a collector's item. In the future, you'll find them available in the gift shop. We are sorry for any disappointment in this regard.

Thanks for choosing Carnival. We look forward to welcoming you back on board another Fun Ship soon.

Sincerely,

Guest Care

guestcare@carnival.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can any of you pin collectors answer this please.

Some of the pins say "Carnival (name of ship)" Others just have the name of the ship without the word Carnival. What's the difference?

And some of the cardboard in the plastic packages say "Past Guest" and some say "Valued Guest." Again, what's the difference?

Thanks for the help. Chris

Can any of you pin collectors answer this please.

Some of the pins say "Carnival (name of ship)" Others just have the name of the ship without the word Carnival. What's the difference?

And some of the cardboard in the plastic packages say "Past Guest" and some say "Valued Guest." Again, what's the difference?

Thanks for the help. Chris

All pins have the current ship's name on them. Some ships had a single word name and some had a 2 word name. After a major updating, the ships with single word names were renamed with a 2 word name... ie the "PARADISE" was renamed "CARNIVAL PARADISE" etc.. There are about 67 different funnel pins. My collection includes apx 40....

At one time pins were given to VIP guests as well as past guests.. The VIP guests might not be a "PAST GUEST", so a card exists to reflct that situation. Pins are no longer given to all Past Guests. Platinum status is required now... I guess a cost cutting move by new CEO who has changed a lot of things, mostly NOT for the betterment of his VALUED GUESTS...LOL

Jim

Sailing on the DREAM .. Dec 4 2010.

Thanks Jim...excellent information and just what I wanted to know.

I did manage to buy a Tropicale pin the other day off Ebay. $30 seemed reasonable to me for one of the older ones.

I assume the Mardi Grad, if they even gave them out, are made from unobtanium. How hard is the Carnivale and Festivale to acquire?

Thanks again, Chris

Chris

The last three pins you mentioned above are very rare and hard to obtain.

There are some out there, but are asked a high price for them.

It took me some time to find all of them, but I finally have my collection

complete.

JR

Hi All

Over the years I have been able to put a lot of :)'s on faces helping

people getting the pin or pins they needed for their collection thanks to all of you.

JoeB on this board is trying to collect port pins, the ones that have

Port of _____ on them; ie: Port Of Tampa. I have sent him several that

I had and am trying to find more for him.

So I am reaching out to all of you to see if anyone has any they would

like to trade for a Carnival pin, if I have it, or donate to this project.

Joe has put several :)'s one my face and I would like to help him out

with this project. So if you have any, please email me at.

jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

Thank all of you for your help.

JR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

Well I guess I have made the google search list. LOL

I had a request for a Conquest pin from a person and

I asked her how she got my email address. She said she

did a google search for Carnival pins and was directed to this

thread and that is she got my email address.

So, there goes another :). This makes me so HAPPY as all of

you know how much I like putting :)'s on faces.

JR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Carnival Festivale? Don't even know if they exist as I know Festival is not longer part of Carnival and hasn't been since 1996, I think. That was our first and honeymoon cruise.

They do exist but the Festival pin is one of the top most rarest pin to get, Ive only seen it on ebay once and usually the older ship pins are very expensive to get your hands on

They do exist but the Festival pin is one of the top most rarest pin to get, Ive only seen it on ebay once and usually the older ship pins are very expensive to get your hands on

Thank you CruiseAdict218, it's nice to know they do exist so I'll keep checking ebay periodically - there's always hope, right? :) I lady I bought some cruise ship models from on ebay (she has many) said she hasn't seen a Carnival Festivale ship model, ornament or past guest pin, so I was beginning to wonder if they even existed at all.