Solstice Med 5/14 - Just back!

Jobeth66

Maybe we'll have better luck with port congestion as we seem to be the only cruise ship listed for the port of Venice for both of our days there and I see where you were scheduled there with many! We really have a fantastic 12 days of port times with the fewest ships I have ever seen. Probably means it'll rain the whole time. :)

Having spent many holidays during July in various resorts in the Med

make sure you bring your sun cream as it varies between 30 and 40 deg

with unbroken sun ................

:cool:

Was that a Celebrity excursion or just on your own? I'm trying to figure out what to to in Kotor for my July cruise.

Sorry for the delay. We were on our own. You can walk through the entire town in a very short time, and we were walking and "stumbled" upon the entrance to the hike to the fortress. It cost a few euros, and was quite a hike. WELL WORTH IT! Don't stop when you get to the church... you are only about 2/3 of the way at that point. Keep going until you reach the flag at the top!:D

We LOVED our overnight in Venice while on the Azamara Quest in 2008. The vaporetta (lol sp!!) is about a 3/4 mile walk from where the ship docks. Easy.

The ship's shuttle run until midnight. We went to dinner at a great place that I had read about in Bon Apetit then wandered the streets a bit. Of course we got lost and had to run thru St Marks Square to catch the last shuttle. It was the two of us and the ships art director and one of the hostesses. We laughed and laughed the whole way back to the ship! Plenty of Vino that night!!!

IMG_1135.jpg.e5f4b0aca1d12137369def812f2d2239.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg.6406006aa23e345049c72161d73e7b50.jpg

Good luck and best wishes to everyone just beginning their cruise. I hope any info. I was able to offer helped to enhhance your cruise.

Mary

You have been very helpful; we are cruising on this one in September and it is so helpful to know these things before we go.....we are just in the reading guide book etc phase now! Glad you all enjoyed and hope we do the same! Thank you to everyone for all their helpful info that will make our cruise great too!:)

Yes, your remarks have been very helpful!!! Helps you to re-live your wonderful experience by sharing with us! Thank you very much!

Does anyone have the excursions list from the ship, or remember if in Naples they added a morning tour to Herculaneum? Online in advance it only shows a 1:30 pm time, but I know they often add a few more groups once we embark.

This would be very helpful info, if any of you know. Thanks!

Appreciate all of the helpful post from those doing the May 14-26 Solstice cruise. At airport now, getting ready to depart from Central Ohio for NYC/JFK airport and then to Barcelona and starting our cruise on Celebrity Solstice, June 7-19. The stops in Kotor and Dubrovnik will be firsts for us. More pictures and posts in the future! Planning on doing a live/blog posting with lots of visuals from these wonderful areas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 42,880 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate all of the helpful post from those doing the May 14-26 Solstice cruise. At airport now, getting ready to depart from Central Ohio for NYC/JFK airport and then to Barcelona and starting our cruise on Celebrity Solstice, June 7-19. The stops in Kotor and Dubrovnik will be firsts for us. More pictures and posts in the future! Planning on doing a live/blog posting with lots of visuals from these wonderful areas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

You must be bursting with excitement! Have a great terrific time ! Please let us know about the Herc a.m. tour if you notice! Safe travels!

You must be bursting with excitement! Have a great terrific time ! Please let us know about the Herc a.m. tour if you notice! Safe travels!

THANKS! At JFK now. Will search out to try and find any added info on the Herc am options. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

THANKS! At JFK now. Will search out to try and find any added info on the Herc am options. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I am really excited for everyone just starting this cruise. I hope yours will be as fantastic as ours was. It is good therapy post-cruise to help others with info. I am really looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Enjoy!

Mary

Archived