Kindle Help Needed

roothy123

I will try asking my question in a different way. Is there anyone reading this thread who has actually loaded audio books from a CD onto their kindle, purchased at places like

walk-in book stores or Costco ?

You can do it, if the audiobook is in MP3 format. When you hook it up to your PC you can browse the Kindle like a drive. Drop the MP3s into the audio folder.

Certain audio books, like Audible.com ones may be protected and not transferable.

I will point out sound quality on the Kindle is meh. If you will be carrying any kind of music player use that instead.

I will try asking my question in a different way. Is there anyone reading this thread who has actually loaded audio books from a CD onto their kindle, purchased at places like

walk-in book stores or Costco ?

You can do it, if the audiobook is in MP3 format. When you hook it up to your PC you can browse the Kindle like a drive. Drop the MP3s into the audio folder.

Certain audio books, like Audible.com ones may be protected and not transferable.

I will point out sound quality on the Kindle is meh. If you will be carrying any kind of music player use that instead.

Thank you, this told my DH just want he wanted to know. Also thank you to all who responded, as usual you can count on the fine folks at CC to come though with helpful information.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm also planning to send some travel documents I've scanned to my Kindle account so I can access them.

If anyone has figured out how to do this, could you give simple, yet detailed instructions?

I take lots of notes when doing travel research online & save those notes to Word but also can convert to pdf. How to get the pdf to my Kindle is my question.

Also a tip: subscribe to Books on the Knob, and they will keep you updated to all the latest free books for your Kindle, Nook, etc.

If anyone has figured out how to do this' date=' could you give simple, yet detailed instructions?

I take lots of notes when doing travel research online & save those notes to Word but also can convert to pdf. How to get the pdf to my Kindle is my question.

Also a tip: subscribe to Books on the Knob, and they will keep you updated to all the latest free books for your Kindle, Nook, etc.[/quote']

Just plug your Kindle into your computer and "drag and drop" your PDF on.;)

Just plug your Kindle into your computer and "drag and drop" your PDF on.;)

Really? It's that simple? I'll simply be able to select it like I would a book & be able to read it without anything having to be converted? I once tried to read directions in the online Kindle manual, and it sounded quite complicated.

Thanks!

Pretty much. Or you can email the file to your Kindle for a small fee after setting up an authorized email under Manage your Kindle.

Really? It's that simple? I'll simply be able to select it like I would a book & be able to read it without anything having to be converted? I once tried to read directions in the online Kindle manual' date=' and it sounded quite complicated.

Thanks![/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

I would scan the items to your desktop, make a folder for those notes and drag that folder to your IPad, iPhone, or kindle. Easier to find that way.

Our local library has MP3 books to download and read. Easy way to get them.

If anyone has figured out how to do this' date=' could you give simple, yet detailed instructions?

Also a tip: subscribe to Books on the Knob, and they will keep you updated to all the latest free books for your Kindle, Nook, etc.[/quote']

As orchestrapal said, it's very easy. Just remember to save it in PDF format first. :)

Archived