Golden Princess GRAND SUITE pictures here...

kath00

Nice to see they have updated the cabin. We stayed in this cabin on the Golden twice, last time in 2009 and it was looking a little shabby. The new furniture was needed and it looks nice.

We love the GS, but have to say the PH suites are also very nice too. Agree about the motion on the back of the ship. The last time we had this sweet in 2009 was the cruise to Hawaii. We weren't able to use the balcony at all except on port days. Was very windy and a lot of movement. Was so much nicer for the Mexico cruise before that.

I just had to post this you tube video of the "Royal Loft " suite on the Oasis!! This is what I call a Royal Suite! Right down to the hot tub on the balcony!! I really think they've out down themselves!

I just had to post this you tube video of the "Royal Loft " suite on the Oasis!! This is what I call a Royal Suite! Right down to the hot tub on the balcony!! I really think they've out down themselves!

Wow! Now that is impressive.

Wow, Katherine, awesome stateroom. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

I can't wait to see your PH in October! :D

We were in the Sapphire PH for the Coastal part of the cruise and it was very nice (but not as nice as the GS!).

The PH is basically the identical cabin to the VS on the aft (but the balcony of the PH is less deep). I loved being midship too -- it was really convenient. We also liked seeing the coast the whole way sailing up to Vancouver. The aft suites have amazing views of the wake but they shake when the thrusters are on at 6am while trying to dock. And I actually think in some itiniaries, the side views are better than the aft view. I think this is all personal preference of course. Or itiniary dependent...

I have to be honest though, the PH and VSs are not nearly as nice as the Owner's Suites on RCCL. Those are simply more spacious and have a dining table, which I find is KEY to comfort in a suite. I really wish they had one category on Princess between the PH/VS and the GS.

Katherine (the suite snob) :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Looks Great! Thanks for posting the great pictures, I just booked the Grand Suite on the Golden Princess for a January 4th Hawaii trip. We Leave next week on the QM2 (Queens Grill Suite) for England. It will be interesting to compair the differances. The price for 14 day Princess Grand Suite is about the same as a Q5 Suite on QM2 for transatlantic which is only 7 days.

I saw those when I was on the Oasis...for 8k a week it can be yours too:p

CC

I don't mind paying for a full suite, but 8K for a week is way out of my league. lol I don't book 7 day sailings (more trouble then they are worth since we have to fly to any port), and for two weeks, you are talking 16K. :eek:

I don't mind paying for a full suite, but 8K for a week is way out of my league. lol I don't book 7 day sailings (more trouble then they are worth since we have to fly to any port), and for two weeks, you are talking 16K. :eek:

Try $18k per week for the Disney ships like the Wonder (going to Mexico), built in 1997 and showing her age! :eek:

thank you for showing me how the 'other half' lives! the best i'll manage is to make friends with the suite people! oh well, i can dream, and still enjoy my time on the ship. i'm happy for you (and jealous too!) :)

Does anyone know if theGrand suite on any of Princess ships includes the Sanctuary as one of its perks?

Those ships that offer the Thermal Suite, that perk is thrown in for full suites. But none offer the Santuary as part of the suite package. Also, keep in mind that all full suites on Princess (from WS-VS and above) all receive the same suite perks, the Grand Suite gets no more than the rest of the full suites).

Those ships that offer the Thermal Suite, that perk is thrown in for full suites. But none offer the Santuary as part of the suite package. Also, keep in mind that all full suites on Princess (from WS-VS and above) all receive the same suite perks, the Grand Suite gets no more than the rest of the full suites).

Grand suite gets a computer in the cabin and unlimited free internet. I think suites are otherwise limited to 150 minutes if I remember correctly. Having access to the internet at any time was wonderful!!!

K

Grand suite gets a computer in the cabin and unlimited free internet. I think suites are otherwise limited to 150 minutes if I remember correctly. Having access to the internet at any time was wonderful!!!

K

I don't think all of the Grand Suites come with a personal computer do they? The only one I remember seeing was the Sapphire GS that included a PC.

But ALL full suites come with unlimited internet access, no matter if it is a WS, VS, PH, PS. OS (all of them include unlimited complimentary internet access via the internet cafe or your own device).

The GS in the Golden did.

:)

I was just checking, and you may be right that all of the GS include a PC in the cabin now. But no matter what category full suite you book, you will get unlimited internet access (we always took our netbook with us to take advantage of the WiFi and not having to stand in line at the internet cafe).

The only GS we have had, that didn't have a computer in it was on the Grand Princess back in 2005. It could have one now, but I don't know for sure. All the other ships have a computer in the GS though. I would be surprised if they haven't put one in the 2 GS's on the Grand now also.

There are some differences in the VS and the PH suites though. The balcony in the VS so often has the beam on the balcony which I found to be a bit of a pain. The balcony's for the PH suites on the Caribe deck are really very nice. They are my favorite.

Also like Toto said, all the full suites have unlimited internet.

On our last Cruise we had the PH Suite next to the GS on the Golden and were invited over to tour it. Really nice, but we only had the two of us, so we were contented to enjoy our PH suite. The best part was breakfast at Tracy Fijord on the deck outside while the ship did a complete 360 around the Fijord. You just to have to get s PH Suite on one of these Grand Ships to enjoy all that is there to have on at least one cruise. BTW, the PH Suites go before almost of the other rooms.

• 1 year later...

Your pictures are WONDERFUL...! Thanks so much for being so detailed...! We're tentatively booked on the Star Princess next year in the Grand Suite for Alaska and from everything we can tell, it should be virtually identical...!

Additionally, your comments are really helpful...! We have cruised before and have even done Alaska before--but we had a forward suite on the NCL Sun, so it will be interesting to compare the two. :)

Archived