When to book shows on Oasis & how many

Entertainment usually opens about 90-100 days prior to boarding. I believe you could book each show only once online. But you can book all the shows (that are available for online reservations) all at the same time, no limit as to how many shows you can book.

Entertainment usually opens about 90-100 days prior to boarding. I believe you could book each show only once online. But you can book all the shows (that are available for online reservations) all at the same time, no limit as to how many shows you can book.

I am 80 days out now and still unable to book entertainment. The website says 60 days prior. I believe this a change from what used to be RCCL's standard practice.

I am 80 days out now and still unable to book entertainment. The website says 60 days prior. I believe this a change from what used to be RCCL's standard practice.

It was exactly 67 days before entertainment opened for our June sailing.

Same here...we're sailing out on Allure the day after you're on Oasis, and reservations are not open yet.

Won't be able to book for awhile for our November cruise. But, how in the world do you decide which night to book which show? I'm confused!

Do a b2b and you will see it all, 1 week is impossible.

• 2 months later...
Won't be able to book for awhile for our November cruise. But, how in the world do you decide which night to book which show? I'm confused!

We saw every show and it was easy. Be sure to start watching your personalizer on the RC website. They fill fast. We saw a show every night, one day, 2. The last night we booked no shows. There are many show times during the day and evening. :) We has MT dining so I went in and booked most shows for around 8:30-9:30. We dined around the show times, always before the show. The comedy show is later at night and the Quest show is later. The Quest show you can not reserve online. Just look at each day, think about what your doing that day. A sea day is an option for the 5:50 ice show, etc, etc.

Saling the Oasis for the first time next month and all the threads on this board have been VERY helpful in coordinating my show reservations. Having cruised RCI many times before, my past experience was sort of thrown out the window with show booking. I know after this cruise, I will have to tweak my thoughts on when to book shows.

With that said, here was the system I used to book my shows. I printed out a show schedule from a sailing date of my route (eastern) several weeks before RCI would open up reservations for my sailing to show me what times and days each show was offered. I made notes on the printout and to my dinner times (main seating), marked the days at sea, and put down the times we would be in port. Using the comments that fit me started coordinating the shows thru the week to schedule setting them up to not interfere with main seating, (not to have to rush), and not too late so as to enjoy several evening events thru the week. Also, didn't book anything the first night so I could explore the ship. After having to move some shows around to fit the week as not all shows are shown everyday, everything was ready to book when their website opened up for my sailings. When the show reservations opened up for my sailing, printed out another show schedule to compare to my earlier one from an earlier sailing to tweek the show times as some had been moved up or down 30 minutes, was able to book all of them with no problem.

Now, with all that said will come to see how it fits in reality on my sailing. Other info on the boards I was able to factor in on my first cruise on this type of ship was:

1. Speciality restuarants thru the week I might want to book.

2. Parades, karaoke, quest, theme parties, captains welcome aboard, the marriage show, and so on.

Going to be a great cruise and with the comments I have read on this board is you can't do it all in one week on this type of ship, and just enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for all the comments from past cruisers of Oasis and Allure with your expereiences.

Dave

What do you mean by your personalizer? Is that when you log into your account and go to "My Cruises"? Cruising 11/26 Oasis and haven't gotten any emails from RCCL. Don't want to miss out on getting my first choice shows after spending so much time selecting them.

Your all on top of it, don't stress. Daveky did just what I did but we had anytime dining, which we loved. When you have a set time, you work your shows around your dining. If you have anytime, you work your dining around the shows.

You all will have a fantastic time! :D

Archived