Select dining and First seating CLOSED 6 months in advance of cruise

knot knormal

We booked the Solstice TA 2 weeks ago and not only is Select dining closed, but so is first seating. No wait list - closed!! And late seating isn't open until 8:45 PM. This will be my 40 something cruise and I have never run across this situation before. I don't want to be eating at 9:30 at night - any suggestions on how to get Select, or second alternative, late seating, other than seeing the maitre 'd upon embarkation? We only want a table for two.

I'd keep trying to switch especially near to the final payment date. People cancel and rooms along with their dining times open up.

For sure head to the maitre d on the first day...I know a pain...and see what can be done. MANY people will make changes by the second dinner night.

We also see people that wait until last to be seated each night and they fill in spots where others might have chosen a specialty dinner or buffet for the night. So you might not get a "permanent" table, but could get a fill in spot.:)

I booked for a late September cruise in April, and at that point I was only offered the late sitting in the MDR. However last week both the early sitting and Select dining became available.

So keep checking your My Celebrity, I think you'll find they appear

Ran in to the same thing for a January Solstice W. Caribbean cruise. Early dining is closed already and I prefer that after long days of diving in the Caribbean. I'm waitlisted through my TA and hoping that it comes available. If not, I'll probably enjoy a couple nights at the buffet for an earlier dinner. But I'm hopeful that things come together for me.

Archived